Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2023-24 - Final v Hendon, Mon 29th April 7:45pm @Dulwich Hamlet (p7)

Comments

• Options
    The outstanding quarter-final between Cray Wanderers and Dartford is being played on Tuesday 16th April at Bromley FC. Kick off is 19.45. The winners meet Hendon. 
  • Options
    Dartford into the Semi Final

• Options
    Hendon v Dartford has been set for Tuesday 23rd a couple of days before our semi-final.
  • Options
    The London Senior Cup final has been put back from 30th April to Friday 3rd May as a result of fixture congestion. We need to win our semi-final first before we worry about that, though. Away to Met Police on Thursday evening.
  • Options
    I'm at Hendon v Dartford; 

Very open game...HT Hendon 4 Dartford 1 
  • Options
    Ps...if we (Hendon) get through, we've got 4 or 5 missing for that revised final date (holidays). 
  • Options
    FT 6-3 Young Dartford keeper had a good game. 
  • Options
    edited April 24
    The moving of the Final date at such late notice has killed Hendon. Players have booked holidays, with the original date in mind. If it gets played on Friday 3rd May, we'll have 11 players available. 

Last night, Dartford only had 3 or 4 1st XI players willing to play, as their season ended on Saturday. Whilst it gave chances to younger players, that was disappointing. 
  • Options
    The London Senior Cup final has been put back from 30th April to Friday 3rd May as a result of fixture congestion. We need to win our semi-final first before we worry about that, though. Away to Met Police on Thursday evening.

Fixture congestion for who though? I can't imagine our U21 need the game moving, Hendon clearly don't want it moved, so is it Met Police?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 24

Fixture congestion for who though? I can't imagine our U21 need the game moving, Hendon clearly don't want it moved, so is it Met Police?
    I think it was both Charlton and Met, who wanted it moved.

Met thought they might be in the Surrey Senior Cup Final but I see they got knocked out last night. That might help. 

Charlton are currently showing U21 away to Colchester on Friday 3rd May. 

It's all a bit confusing...
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    How did Olly Box play for Dartford.  I know he got sent off but I wondered how he got on.  Apparently he's off to West Ham in the summer
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Swisdom said:
    Simonsen said:
    How did Olly Box play for Dartford.  I know he got sent off but I wondered how he got on.  Apparently he's off to West Ham in the summer
    To be honest, the only Dartford players I noticed were the keeper because he had a LOT to do and did it well (he saved a pen) and a right-winger who cut inside a lot onto his left foot. 

The game could have ended 12-5. Dartford missed a few chances and quite a few times Hendon sliced Dartford apart, especially on the Dartford left. 

I've only just noticed that Taylor Maloney was playing! 

Kurtis Cumberbatch, ex-Charlton, plays for Hendon now and he's been a good signing. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I think it was both Charlton and Met, who wanted it moved.

Met thought they might be in the Surrey Senior Cup Final but I see they got knocked out last night. That might help. 

Charlton are currently showing U21 away to Colchester on Friday 3rd May. 

It's all a bit confusing...
    Hendon have subsequently tweeted that the date change is provisional and is being discussed, and they seem to have deleted their original tweet about the change. So I guess we should watch this space. Plus of course if we don't win on Thursday then it isn't our problem.
  • Options
    Here's the website write-up. Key point for thse going - the ground is cash-only so remember to bring some!
    For those not going, updates will be on the Academy twitter feed.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-cup-preview-metropolitan-police-v-charlton
  • Options
    edited April 25
    Here's the website write-up. Key point for thse going - the ground is cash-only so remember to bring some!
    For those not going, updates will be on the Academy twitter feed.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-cup-preview-metropolitan-police-v-charlton
    It’s cash only but I don’t recommend using a forged £50 note when it’s the Met Police away.
  • Options
    Also used notes only, better for bribes & corruption purposes.
  • Options

• Options
    Tonight's programme 
  • Options
    Here’s how our U21s line up against Metropolitan Police in tonight’s London Senior Cup semi-final: Molyneux; Okwumo, Toure, Bakrin, Dench; Kedwell, Gough (c), Santos; Huke, Casey, Enslin

Subs: Sadler, Ladapo, Adigun, Fullah, Berry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5’ GOALLLLLLLL | WE’RE AHEAD 👏

Superb from Harvey Kedwell who swings a cross toward the back post for Seydil Toure to head home inside the opening five minutes.
  • Options
    Decent game so far. Chances at both ends, a couple of near misses for us as well as the goals. 
  • Options
    Can confirm they're playing I Fought The Law as the players come out for the second half. 
  • Options
    edited April 25
    Just found the ground, it is in Letsbey Avenue 
  • Options
    90'  1 - 2

• Options
    90'  1 - 2

Is there added time ?
  • Options
    Goal was right at the end of injury time. 
  • Options
    Goal was right at the end of injury time. 
    So, we won ?