Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2023-24 - Final v Hendon, Mon 29th April 7:45pm @Dulwich Hamlet (p7)

Comments

• Options
    I'll be going to this later, local one for me 
  • Options
    Looking forward to this, COYR
  • Options
    Get on down to the game. Decent weather for a change! 
  • Options
    Here’s how our U21s line up in tonight’s London Senior Cup final clash against Hendon: Molyneux; Okwumo, Toure, Bakrin, Bower; Gough (c), Santos, Huke, Ladapo, Casey, Enslin Subs: Adegoke, Dench, Kedwell, Adigun, Williams
  • Options
    Numbers on shirts but not in the programme. Helpful
  • Options
    1-0 Casey. Deflected finish but right place right time 
  • Options
    Goal 37 of the season for Casey!
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Numbers on shirts but not in the programme. Helpful
    I seem to remember the same issue last year, which made identifying the players annoying.
  • Options
    edited April 29
    They are bigger and we're more skillful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 29
    Its like watching men against boys, 
    Oh

Santos and Williams looking good in midfield. Hendon are dominant in the air and that may tell second half. Two good saves by Molyneux.
  • Options
    Quality v endeavour.
  • Options
    If we don't give them free kicks or corners they won't score.

When we get it down and play we have the beating of them but get sucked into too much stuff in the air.

Two typical Casey finishes. He probably should have done better from a well worked corner routine at 0 - 1

• Options
    edited April 29
    As predicted  complete air raid so far, 10 minutes in
  • Options
    Every cross is bringing danger, lucky to have survived so far.
  • Options
    Defending better than the 1st team ( not hard tbh ) 
  • Options
    2-1 That's been coming for a while
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to have a trophy despite our worst season since 1925/1926.
  • Options
    Did Adigun get on?
  • Options
    Adigun got on for about a minute. The Hendon fans had a drum.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Adigun got on for about a minute. The Hendon fans had a drum.
    Two drums. The manager's daughter introduced a second drum late on. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Att 229 (more like 429)

We (Hendon) didn't defend well enough 1st half and muffed chances early enough in 2nd half. The bloke who scored with his first touch is a centre-back who was chucked on up front a la Phil Chapple. 

Liked the Charlton No.6 and Casey looked sharp. The rest were ok but nothing more. The keeper was better 1st half than 2nd, when he struggled with bodies around him. He was a good sport though and enjoyed the banter with those behind the goal. 

Nice enough end to the season. 
    Looking at the match report, I recognised the name of Kurtis Cumberbatch who came through our academy many years ago but never played in the first team. Not the sort of name you forget!

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21s-win-back-back-london-senior-cups
  • Options
    I was at a game at Sparrows Lane once and had a lengthy quite nice chat with the young agent of Kurtis Cumberbatch and a player called Bobson Bowling. Both being released by Watford at the time. Listening to the agent and his irrepressible enthusiasm you’d have thought both players were destined to be World Cup winners.
    The agent was David Rosenthal, son of the rather memorable Ronnie Rosenthal, and we had a good chat about his dad, who scored a great hat trick on his Liverpool debut against us at Selhurst Park.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I was at a game at Sparrows Lane once and had a lengthy quite nice chat with the young agent of Kurtis Cumberbatch and a player called Bobson Bowling. Both being released by Watford at the time. Listening to the agent and his irrepressible enthusiasm you’d have thought both players were destined to be World Cup winners.
    The agent was David Rosenthal, son of the rather memorable Ronnie Rosenthal, and we had a good chat about his dad, who scored a great hat trick on his Liverpool debut against us at Selhurst Park.
    The perfect hat-trick, left foot, right foot, header.