Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tickets for Stevenage [16/9/23] Now on sale

Comments

• Options
    Are there Thameslink trains running from London Bridge on Saturday to Stevenage?
  • Options
    Are there Thameslink trains running from London Bridge on Saturday to Stevenage?
    All trains running fine 
  • Options
    No
    https://www.thameslinkrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/planned-engineering-work?date=2023-09-16#engineering-departure-board
    You can catch a Thameslink train from Blackfriars, Farringdon, Kings Cross/St Pancras or Finsbury Park.
  • Options
    Club have asked for more tickets, just waiting for a response from stevenage (I just rang the TO)
  • Options
    Just shared on twitter as well but if you use Twitter and see these posts please dont message them.

it's easy enough to get scammed online if you are rushing and these parasites search for people looking for tickets.

Hope this helps 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Club have asked for more tickets, just waiting for a response from stevenage (I just rang the TO)
    Nice one,

I checked their home ends and loads of empty seats in some stands so fingers crossed 
  • Options
    As we left the cup game last season, there was a ‘local character’ type watching us file past and he yelled “You’re good singers’.
  • Options
    Just shared on twitter as well but if you use Twitter and see these posts please dont message them.

it's easy enough to get scammed online if you are rushing and these parasites search for people looking for tickets.

Hope this helps 
    Blimey, I didn't think the scammers would be targeting Charlton away matches. 

It shows how massive we are  :D
    Scum of the earth mate, they sit there searching for keywords looking to scam people who aren't clued up, I hate it. 

I am also going to now put a positive spin on it now though and put it down to us being massive 
  • Options
    Annoying the club hardly ever update away ticket sales anymore

Used to be on a daily basis surely it’s not that hard a job to do

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had no idea it was close to selling out - fingers cross for some additional allocation.
  • Options
    Officially sold out, just a announced on instagram. Pretty shit to not get more tickets for this, we obviously left it very late to ask.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    shine166 said:
    Officially sold out, just a announced on instagram. Pretty shit to not get more tickets for this, we obviously left it very late to ask.
    It is a joke, extremely poor communication with fans. If this was established earlier we could have requested earlier.

Going to have to sit in with the Stevenage fans and just simply defeats the whole idea of an away day for me 

Beyond me why they haven't also included whether or not their request for extra tickets has been rejected as there will no doubt be fans wondering (like myself) whether to book in the home end or wait a bit
  • Options
    should be mentioned at fans forum
  • Options
    It's a shame the club don't update ticket sales anymore, but as Clive says they've been on general sale for nearly 3 weeks now. It's not the biggest ground so you can't really complain if you don't get a ticket,  if you leave it a few days until the game. 
  • Options
    It's a shame the club don't update ticket sales anymore, but as Clive says they've been on general sale for nearly 3 weeks now. It's not the biggest ground so you can't really complain if you don't get a ticket,  if you leave it a few days until the game. 
    He's not complaining that it's sold out, he's complaining about the communication from the club, which is terrible. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    It is a joke, extremely poor communication with fans. If this was established earlier we could have requested earlier.

Going to have to sit in with the Stevenage fans and just simply defeats the whole idea of an away day for me 

Beyond me why they haven't also included whether or not their request for extra tickets has been rejected as there will no doubt be fans wondering (like myself) whether to book in the home end or wait a bit
    The tickets have been on sale since the 24th August, why have you left it until now to to purchase tickets?
    Regardless if I bought mine or not in time, there would be other people that are missing out.

Communication could have prevented that and maybe got us an extra allocation. That's my point really.

How many Charlton away games do you worry have to worry about getting a ticket for 4 nights away from kick-off?

I am just reading the room but early doors looks like anywhere between 100-300 extra tickets could have been sold, if the club communicated more efficiently they would have known there may have been a need for an extra allocation.

Looking at two of Stevenages stands they look very empty 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

The tickets have been on sale since the 24th August, why have you left it until now to to purchase tickets?
    Regardless if I bought mine or not in time, there would be other people that are missing out.

Communication could have prevented that and maybe got us an extra allocation. That's my point really.

How many Charlton away games do you worry have to worry about getting a ticket for 4 nights away from kick-off?

I am just reading the room but early doors looks like anywhere between 100-300 extra tickets could have been sold, if the club communicated more efficiently they would have known there may have been a need for an extra allocation.

Never assume or presume that you can just rock up last minute and get a ticket. 

Something to think ahead from now on for the ones that have missed out. 

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    He's not complaining that it's sold out, he's complaining about the communication from the club, which is terrible. 
    An easy reason to blame the club for. People should take their own responsibility from the day they go on sale 
  • Options
    In a funny way, when away tickets are sold in tiers, it does concentrate the mind not to leave it to the last minute.
  • Options
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Ever heard of last minute plans ? Tickets were due to be sold until Friday, so forgive people for expecting them to be available today.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    PopIcon said:
    An easy reason to blame the club for. People should take their own responsibility from the day they go on sale 
    anything that helps get more fans to a game must be a good thing no matter when you are able to purchase, in this case the club have let us down (again)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    clive said:
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

This fixture was always going to go close to being sold out of away tickets,as for me who attempts to attend every game home or away, i always purchase tickets as soon as they go on sale.
    As you may have have noticed, i do my best to update fellow fans on ticket/travel information as soon as it becomes available, but i agree that the club could have updated the ticket sales information more frequently.
    I know you do mate, I'm not arguing there. Just annoying is all, in my case it was very hard to tell if I could go until today but had I known sooner I would have come up with a solution maybe 

shirty5 said:
    PopIcon said:
    I didn't know if I could go or not until today, had I known tickets were going so fast I would have just gambled. 

Completely missing the point that Stevenage have given extra tickets before and if the club were communicating with the fans and Stevenage arrangements may have been made. 

It's got nothing to do with 'an easy way of blaming the club'? It's more so if there was actual planning and preparation there could have been more seats made available, as it stands Stevenage look set to lose revenue and a fair few Charlton fans miss out.

Regardless I know now, just means I'll be sitting in the home end 
  • Options
    Shame. Would likely have gone with one or both of my kids.  Only got back from hols Saturday and as I had a bit of a cold I was waiting to see if it cleared before purchasing.  My first game of the season will have to wait.  
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

This fixture was always going to go close to being sold out of away tickets,as for me who attempts to attend every game home or away, i always purchase tickets as soon as they go on sale.
    As you may have have noticed, i do my best to update fellow fans on ticket/travel information as soon as it becomes available, but i agree that the club could have updated the ticket sales information more frequently.
    I know you do mate, I'm not arguing there. Just annoying is all, in my case it was very hard to tell if I could go until today but had I known sooner I would have come up with a solution maybe 

shirty5 said:
    PopIcon said:
    I didn't know if I could go or not until today, had I known tickets were going so fast I would have just gambled. 

Completely missing the point that Stevenage have given extra tickets before and if the club were communicating with the fans and Stevenage arrangements may have been made. 

It's got nothing to do with 'an easy way of blaming the club'? It's more so if there was actual planning and preparation there could have been more seats made available, as it stands Stevenage look set to lose revenue and a fair few Charlton fans miss out.

Regardless I know now, just means I'll be sitting in the home end 
    Apparently Pompey sold it out weeks in advance and weren’t given any extra. So not sure it would have made any difference the club asking earlier. Would have been good if they’d communicated at around the 1000/1100 to give people a nudge though