Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tickets for Stevenage [16/9/23] Now on sale

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:

You might aswell just go direct to m&s opposite the ground (to park) and use there fans bar.
    Unless you don't just want to go to an M&S and use a Fans Bar but find a decent pub 😉 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    SE7toSG3 said:
    shine166 said:

You might aswell just go direct to m&s opposite the ground (to park) and use there fans bar.
    Unless you don't just want to go to an M&S and use a Fans Bar but find a decent pub 😉 
    Thats true, but if you don't want to drink 8 pints and jump back in your car for a 10 min drive, there's another option. 😉

I live quite close so just trying to be helpful 
  • Options
    clive said:
    There will no strike action on the railways this day.
    Are you Mick Lynch?
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    shine166 said:

That's not just a fan's bar.
  • Options
    'CAFC welcome Michael Appleton to the club, don't forget to buy your ticket for his first game in charge this weekend away at Stevenage. There's only a allocation of 1300 and even though the club is being run like a shit show, we still expect these to sell out, so make sue you don't miss out and grab yours today from the remaining X tickets.

....far too easy. 

It's basic communication, nothing to dig out other fans over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't be having this problem if we weren't in this tin pot league. 

Anyway for those who missed out be thankful you won't have to go to the town of Stevenage. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    shine166 said:
    'CAFC welcome Michael Appleton to the club, don't forget to buy your ticket for his first game in charge this weekend away at Stevenage. There's only a allocation of 1300 and even though the club is being run like a shit show, we still expect these to sell out, so make sue you don't miss out and grab yours today from the remaining X tickets.

....far too easy. 

But why does it need extra communication?

1300 tickets were available, and all were sold to Charlton fans. If the Charlton fans who missed out had managed to buy tickets, then the other Charlton fans (who bought them instead) would have been the ones to miss out.

If 1400 people want to buy 1300 tickets, then 100 will miss out.

shine166 said:

....far too easy. 

But why does it need extra communication?

1300 tickets were available, and all were sold to Charlton fans. If the Charlton fans who missed out had managed to buy tickets, then the other Charlton fans (who bought them instead) would have been the ones to miss out.

If 1400 people want to buy 1300 tickets, then 100 will miss out.
    Because that's how it used to be no ? 

I can guarantee there would be communication if nobody was buying them.

Anyway, I got mine on day 1, See you at Stevenage.
  • Options
    I got 2 tickets on Monday (arrived today). This is my first away day for 10 (?) years, the last one being Brammell lane when they knocked us out of the cup (think it might have been SCP's last game? To be honest, I'm only going because my son wants to start doing a few away games and this seemed one of the few within driving distance.

So M&S is the place to park then?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Can't lie some of our fans responses to people being disappointed at not getting a ticket have been quite frustrating to read. 

For example I have never missed a game I wanted to go to, always been prepared, but on this occasion I literally couldn't because of outside Charlton matters, had sod all to do with me 'not wanting' the ticket enough but more so my hands being tied. 

Anyone who is frustrated is querying the lack of communication, as if there was some it may have encouraged them to buy one sooner or make arrangements, certainly would have helped me. Regardless of that now it seems there was never going to be extra tickets made available so it really was just a case of who gets one, gets one. Some fans would have missed out, is what it is in that regard and that's a shame.

What's bugging me is the digs behind some of these posts on here and in particular social media. It's really obvious there's a bit of extra behind some of these posts when as far as I can see it's just Charlton fans being a bit annoyed they didn't get a ticket. Why on earth would that encourage you to have some sort of weird pop about being in a queue first or being in a position to buy a ticket first? 

Bizarre attitude to have towards it 
    So you couldn't buy a ticket because your hands were tied.
    But if Charlton had made updates you would have been able to untie your hands.

I agree it's preferable for ticket sale updates, but if your hands were tied it would have made no difference. Sorry.

I was waiting to see if my cousins were going as I would have bought them together, to avoid the whole sit anywhere issue, I didn't want to book without them, I only found out they couldn't go when the tickets were gone. It also alters how I would have got to the game as I tend to travel different if I am going with my cousins or not, I'd like to have known if they were going because of travel arrangements etc. So let's say not tied but it wasn't as simple as buying a lone ticket.

Had I known how close we were I would have said to them I don't want to wait much longer and booked or would have just got my own and hoped there would be some left. I didn't think Stevenage would sell out truth be told. 

There could also be a multitude of other personal reasons for other fans such as work, responsibilities. 

Of course none of this matters now as we were never getting extra tickets, which the club could have made clear, which is exactly my point.

My main issue now is fans getting arsey with fans who are disappointed they aren't getting in the away end. You literally gain nothing from having a pop at a fellow fan but the fans raising up the lack of communications may actually be onto something?

Each to their own but like I've said a number of times, query fans and engage in conversation but saying shit like 'if you really wanted to go, you would' literally achieves nothing
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Some years ago during the RD reign I decided to protest and not buy a season ticket.  Early in the season we had Stevenage away and it was season ticket holders only and our first game against them so clearly going to sell out. I convinced myself I was desperate enough to go that I bought a season ticket then a match ticket.

I visited the shit town of Stevenage, went to their shit stadium, saw a shit game of football we lost 1-0 and some of our shit fans had a shit fight amongst themselves. 

If anyone is sad at missing out then hopefully this helps. 😃
    The only time we played Stevenage away in the league was back in 2011 during the Slater and Jiminez era. The score was a 1-0 defeat 

I stand corrected! It wasn't a protest at RD just loss of interest through being in L1 with Slater/Jiminez I guess that had stopped me buying a season ticket. It was that game.
  • Options
    Please DM me as need 2 tickets thanks ! 
  • Options
    Can't lie some of our fans responses to people being disappointed at not getting a ticket have been quite frustrating to read. 

For example I have never missed a game I wanted to go to, always been prepared, but on this occasion I literally couldn't because of outside Charlton matters, had sod all to do with me 'not wanting' the ticket enough but more so my hands being tied. 

Anyone who is frustrated is querying the lack of communication, as if there was some it may have encouraged them to buy one sooner or make arrangements, certainly would have helped me. Regardless of that now it seems there was never going to be extra tickets made available so it really was just a case of who gets one, gets one. Some fans would have missed out, is what it is in that regard and that's a shame.

What's bugging me is the digs behind some of these posts on here and in particular social media. It's really obvious there's a bit of extra behind some of these posts when as far as I can see it's just Charlton fans being a bit annoyed they didn't get a ticket. Why on earth would that encourage you to have some sort of weird pop about being in a queue first or being in a position to buy a ticket first? 

I agree it's preferable for ticket sale updates, but if your hands were tied it would have made no difference. Sorry.

I was waiting to see if my cousins were going as I would have bought them together, to avoid the whole sit anywhere issue, I didn't want to book without them, I only found out they couldn't go when the tickets were gone. It also alters how I would have got to the game as I tend to travel different if I am going with my cousins or not, I'd like to have known if they were going because of travel arrangements etc. So let's say not tied but it wasn't as simple as buying a lone ticket.

Had I known how close we were I would have said to them I don't want to wait much longer and booked or would have just got my own and hoped there would be some left. I didn't think Stevenage would sell out truth be told. 

There could also be a multitude of other personal reasons for other fans such as work, responsibilities. 

Of course none of this matters now as we were never getting extra tickets, which the club could have made clear, which is exactly my point.

My main issue now is fans getting arsey with fans who are disappointed they aren't getting in the away end. You literally gain nothing from having a pop at a fellow fan but the fans raising up the lack of communications may actually be onto something?

Each to their own but like I've said a number of times, query fans and engage in conversation but saying shit like 'if you really wanted to go, you would' literally achieves nothing
    Do you not realise that if you bought 1 or 3 tickets whilst on sale, there would be 1 or 3 people disappointed they couldn’t get tickets 🤓😉

Anyway, I hope you can take the home end (Charlton boot boys hello hello Charlton boot boys Charlton boot boys) 🥸
  • Options
    Looking for 2 spares pls 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was surprised these were not on priority sale but Oxford away was, can’t see the logic in that decision. 
  • Options
    sholland said:
    I was surprised these were not on priority sale but Oxford away was, can’t see the logic in that decision. 
    Probably because Oxford didn’t even get 1000 so they probably thought it wasn’t needed. It didn’t need priority sale, there was plenty of time that it was on sale before selling out this week. The only game that needs it is probably Orient 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Do you not realise that if you bought 1 or 3 tickets whilst on sale, there would be 1 or 3 people disappointed they couldn’t get tickets 🤓😉

Anyway, I hope you can take the home end (Charlton boot boys hello hello Charlton boot boys Charlton boot boys) 🥸
    Na mate I didn't realise, haven't mentioned that at all in any of my previous posts  :|
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Na mate I didn't realise, haven't mentioned that at all in any of my previous posts  :|
    I was only jesting hence the winky emoji.
  • Options
    Remember it's the early bird that gets the worm
  • Options

Matchday Guide:Boro vs Addicks

We’re currently averaging our highest-ever attendance at The Lamex Stadium so far this season, so we’re encouraging supporters to purchase your tickets online & arrive early at the ground.

All tickets must be purchased before reaching the turnstiles either online or from the North Stand (Home).

• Food & Drink

The 76 Lounge

Open to home & away supporters from midday until kick-off, and during the game for those with a North Stand ticket.

The 76 Lounge will reopen again for both sets of supporters at full-time.

The Broadhall Suite

The Broadhall Suite is also open to both sets of supporters from midday until kick-off, with a variety of drinks to choose from as well as a hot food matchday menu.

Please note, The Broadhall Suite will be closed at full-time.

• Parking

Free parking is available across the A602 in Fairlands Valley car park. Please do not park in the nearby retail parks, on the grass verges or on residential streets.

There is no parking available at The Lamex Stadium without prior agreement.

The Lamex Stadium Map - September 2023 Updatepng

https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2023/september/matchday-guide-charlton-athletic-stevenage-fc-football-club-sky-bet-league-one-efl-english-football-league/
  • Options
    Did anyone venture into the town centre last season before the cup match? Not sure whether to drink in London and go straight to the ground, or head into their town centre? 
  • Options
    Did anyone venture into the town centre last season before the cup match? Not sure whether to drink in London and go straight to the ground, or head into their town centre? 
    Had a couple of beers at the Broken Seal Tap on the high street. It's 20 minutes in the opposite direction from from the ground. Although i'm sure it'll be quiet and you'll get a decent beer.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Had a couple of beers at the Broken Seal Tap on the high street. It's 20 minutes in the opposite direction from from the ground. Although i'm sure it'll be quiet and you'll get a decent beer.
    The Spoons is up that way as well. I went there last time 
  • Options
    A bit confused, as obviously when the away is it a sell out here then it goes to restricted sell. They must not do that?