Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tickets for Stevenage [16/9/23] Now on sale

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    clive said:
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    Officially sold out, just a announced on instagram. Pretty shit to not get more tickets for this, we obviously left it very late to ask.
    shine166 said:
    Officially sold out, just a announced on instagram. Pretty shit to not get more tickets for this, we obviously left it very late to ask.
    It is a joke, extremely poor communication with fans. If this was established earlier we could have requested earlier.

Going to have to sit in with the Stevenage fans and just simply defeats the whole idea of an away day for me 

Beyond me why they haven't also included whether or not their request for extra tickets has been rejected as there will no doubt be fans wondering (like myself) whether to book in the home end or wait a bit
    The tickets have been on sale since the 24th August, why have you left it until now to to purchase tickets?
    Regardless if I bought mine or not in time, there would be other people that are missing out.

Communication could have prevented that and maybe got us an extra allocation. That's my point really.

How many Charlton away games do you worry have to worry about getting a ticket for 4 nights away from kick-off?

I am just reading the room but early doors looks like anywhere between 100-300 extra tickets could have been sold, if the club communicated more efficiently they would have known there may have been a need for an extra allocation.

Looking at two of Stevenages stands they look very empty 
     This fixture was always going to go close to being sold out of away tickets,as for me who attempts to attend every game home or away, i always purchase tickets as soon as they go on sale.
    As you may have have noticed, i do my best to update fellow fans on ticket/travel information as soon as it becomes available, but i agree that the club could have updated the ticket sales information more frequently.
    If its always going to sell out, take the full allocation early and push them. Unfortunately not everyone can purchase a month out from a fixture. I got our 2 on day 1, but we had a extra become available for the game today... so we fall into both categories. Stevenage is so close, its almost a Derby and the first game since schools went back, it's always going to well attended.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    clive said:
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    It is a joke, extremely poor communication with fans. If this was established earlier we could have requested earlier.

Going to have to sit in with the Stevenage fans and just simply defeats the whole idea of an away day for me 

Beyond me why they haven't also included whether or not their request for extra tickets has been rejected as there will no doubt be fans wondering (like myself) whether to book in the home end or wait a bit
    The tickets have been on sale since the 24th August, why have you left it until now to to purchase tickets?
    Regardless if I bought mine or not in time, there would be other people that are missing out.

Communication could have prevented that and maybe got us an extra allocation. That's my point really.

How many Charlton away games do you worry have to worry about getting a ticket for 4 nights away from kick-off?

I am just reading the room but early doors looks like anywhere between 100-300 extra tickets could have been sold, if the club communicated more efficiently they would have known there may have been a need for an extra allocation.

This fixture was always going to go close to being sold out of away tickets,as for me who attempts to attend every game home or away, i always purchase tickets as soon as they go on sale.
    As you may have have noticed, i do my best to update fellow fans on ticket/travel information as soon as it becomes available, but i agree that the club could have updated the ticket sales information more frequently.
    I know you do mate, I'm not arguing there. Just annoying is all, in my case it was very hard to tell if I could go until today but had I known sooner I would have come up with a solution maybe 

shirty5 said:
    PopIcon said:
    It's a shame the club don't update ticket sales anymore, but as Clive says they've been on general sale for nearly 3 weeks now. It's not the biggest ground so you can't really complain if you don't get a ticket,  if you leave it a few days until the game. 
    He's not complaining that it's sold out, he's complaining about the communication from the club, which is terrible. 
    An easy reason to blame the club for. People should take their own responsibility from the day they go on sale 
    I didn't know if I could go or not until today, had I known tickets were going so fast I would have just gambled. 

Completely missing the point that Stevenage have given extra tickets before and if the club were communicating with the fans and Stevenage arrangements may have been made. 

It's got nothing to do with 'an easy way of blaming the club'? It's more so if there was actual planning and preparation there could have been more seats made available, as it stands Stevenage look set to lose revenue and a fair few Charlton fans miss out.

Regardless I know now, just means I'll be sitting in the home end 
    Apparently Pompey sold it out weeks in advance and weren’t given any extra. So not sure it would have made any difference the club asking earlier. Would have been good if they’d communicated at around the 1000/1100 to give people a nudge though 
    Surprising as there really are so many empty seats, not a dig at Stevenage but there really is.

Deciding between the opposite stand or next to the away fans atm 
  • Options
    Funny old fan base this - attacking our own fans because they didn't have the luxury of being able to confirm plans before this week.
  • Options
    Anyway. If anyone has 2x spares come up please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Options
    @Braziliance Personally I would wait closer to the time, I always end up finding a spare ticket on the Facebook groups. Last season I woke up deciding I wanted to go derby and didn't even have a ticket until I got to Derby, worst comes to worse you can just buy a ticket from the ticket office on the day in the home end.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    clive said:
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

I know you do mate, I'm not arguing there. Just annoying is all, in my case it was very hard to tell if I could go until today but had I known sooner I would have come up with a solution maybe 

shirty5 said:
    PopIcon said:
    It's a shame the club don't update ticket sales anymore, but as Clive says they've been on general sale for nearly 3 weeks now. It's not the biggest ground so you can't really complain if you don't get a ticket,  if you leave it a few days until the game. 
    He's not complaining that it's sold out, he's complaining about the communication from the club, which is terrible. 
    An easy reason to blame the club for. People should take their own responsibility from the day they go on sale 
    I didn't know if I could go or not until today, had I known tickets were going so fast I would have just gambled. 

Completely missing the point that Stevenage have given extra tickets before and if the club were communicating with the fans and Stevenage arrangements may have been made. 

It's got nothing to do with 'an easy way of blaming the club'? It's more so if there was actual planning and preparation there could have been more seats made available, as it stands Stevenage look set to lose revenue and a fair few Charlton fans miss out.

Apparently Pompey sold it out weeks in advance and weren’t given any extra. So not sure it would have made any difference the club asking earlier. Would have been good if they’d communicated at around the 1000/1100 to give people a nudge though 
    Surprising as there really are so many empty seats, not a dig at Stevenage but there really is.

I’m guessing it’s due to the extra policing/stewarding cost not being worth it, or maybe they don’t want the competitive disadvantage of having 2000 away fans there. Or a combination of both means they decide against it 
  • Options
    @Braziliance Personally I would wait closer to the time, I always end up finding a spare ticket on the Facebook groups. Last season I woke up deciding I wanted to go derby and didn't even have a ticket until I got to Derby, worst comes to worse you can just buy a ticket from the ticket office on the day in the home end.
    The concern is there if they decide to put a block on walk up tickets, think I'd rather just drop the risk and sulk in the home end tbf mate haha 

Cheers for the advice though, if it was a bigger ground like Derby or Bolton I would definitely do that 
  • Options
    did the club say we have the option of requesting more tickets ?

• Options
    I suppose you could hire a wheel chair for the day? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

I've been waiting to see who our manager was going to be. If it was Pep I was going to give it a serve but now it's the mighty Apple man I'm bang up for it...🙂
  • Options
    IF we could have got more tickets by requesting them earlier, then the club have mucked up, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Pompey had the same allocation.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/ticket-information-stevenage-a/

However, if the allocation is all we would ever get, then I don't see what the issue it. We have an allocation, and we've sold the allocation. All to Charlton fans. If you leave it late to buy tickets, however understandable the reason, and they sell out, well that's the risk you take.
    So the club start selling the tickets when the team is on a losing streak and fans are getting less reason match by match to keep going; and then eventually the manager is sacked and a new manager is appointed as expected a week ago and nobody thought there might be a renewed interest in fans making the effort to go along to support the team and new manager this coming Saturday? Welcome to Charlton Michael Appleton 
  • Options
    IF we could have got more tickets by requesting them earlier, then the club have mucked up, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Pompey had the same allocation.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/ticket-information-stevenage-a/

However, if the allocation is all we would ever get, then I don't see what the issue it. We have an allocation, and we've sold the allocation. All to Charlton fans. If you leave it late to buy tickets, however understandable the reason, and they sell out, well that's the risk you take.
    Yeah it is what it is, I was under the impression that if we had applied we would have got more, sounds like that was never the case anyway.

I am over it, some very needless point scoring going on which is quite bizarre, particularly on twitter but that's social media for you. 

I'll still be there 
  • Options
    My palls are in the home end, so thinking about getting a ticket in the away end.

Any other Lifers in the away end? Perhaps we can gather on the terrace?
  • Options
    I love Supporting Charlton  and its not for the football 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    My palls are in the home end, so thinking about getting a ticket in the away end.

Any other Lifers in the away end? Perhaps we can gather on the terrace?
    Most of them surely? 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    shame i cant make this one as havent been and was one im looking to tick off,

Although I'm doing something v Charlton instead a 3 year belated 30th bday present I'm going on the steam train to Cardiff from Paddington, me and the Mrs, Cardiff city centre should be lovely with Cardiff vs Swansea at 19.45pm, shows how much that derby has calmed down. 

on the british pullman train a full english on the way to cardiff and a 6 course dinner on the way back. should be a lovely day 
    Sounds brilliant mate. We've just booked the York one for their Christmas markets in late November. Can't wait. Choo choo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

shirty5 said:
    PopIcon said:

At least you get to see the game, albeit in the home end.
    You'll be alright, most of them probably support Arsenal or totteringham.
  • Options
    Shame. Would likely have gone with one or both of my kids.  Only got back from hols Saturday and as I had a bit of a cold I was waiting to see if it cleared before purchasing.  My first game of the season will have to wait.  
    Go in the home end.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    clive said:
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

shirty5 said:
    PopIcon said:

I would say they barely get 2,500 of their own fans at home games.
  • Options
    The walk to and from the station is an utter drag.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The walk to and from the station is an utter drag.
    It's not the longest, but it's certainly one of the dullest.
  • Options
    8 of us will be in the home end. We sat near Steve Gallen at the cup game and has a bit of a chat with him
    Wonder who will be representing the club this time?
    The Stevenage fans on the side we sat on before were completely silent!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Anyone coming by car, if you come off the A1M at J6 (Welwyn) follow signs to Stevenage via the B197 and you will pass The North Star,  Chequers or Red Lion in Woolmer Green and the Station, Knebworth they are only 5/10 minutes drive from the ground and you avoid going into Stevenage at all. 

All four are pretty decent pubs selling food. 

The walk from the station is awful and aside from a Toby Carvery, a Fans Bar, The Roebuck and a home pub Our Mutual Friend there is nowhere to go. 

There are still loads of seats in the home ends left for anyone without a ticket. 

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Anyone coming by car, if you come off the A1M at J6 (Welwyn) follow signs to Stevenage via the B197 and you will pass The North Star,  Chequers or Red Lion in Woolmer Green and the Station, Knebworth they are only 5/10 minutes drive from the ground and you avoid going into Stevenage at all. 

All four are pretty decent pubs selling food. 

The walk from the station is awful and aside from a Toby Carvery, a Fans Bar, The Roebuck and a home pub Our Mutual Friend there is nowhere to go. 

There are still loads of seats in the home ends left for anyone without a ticket. 

You might aswell just go direct to m&s opposite the ground (to park) and use there fans bar.
  • Options
    Are people really suggesting that the club are at fault for fans missing out ? There were plenty of tickets available for a decent amount of time. Anyone that really wanted to go will be going. If we sold the allocation out early, then it would have given the club more time to at least try and get more tickets. If you wait until the last week, then surely you run the risk of it selling out and not getting a ticket ? Buy early and 99% of the time there will not be an issue. It’s great we’ve sold out … enjoy it 
  • Options
    Are people really suggesting that the club are at fault for fans missing out ? There were plenty of tickets available for a decent amount of time. Anyone that really wanted to go will be going. If we sold the allocation out early, then it would have given the club more time to at least try and get more tickets. If you wait until the last week, then surely you run the risk of it selling out and not getting a ticket ? Buy early and 99% of the time there will not be an issue. It’s great we’ve sold out … enjoy it 
    Exactly.  If you want to go you buy a ticket. You don't need to know how many tickets have been sold.