Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Watching the France v South Africa game, which I thought was the best of a fantastic bunch, I didn't fancy either but over the course of the game I edged towards wanting us to play South Africa. We have a chance, not a great one but a chance all the same. We are definitely improving.
  • Options
    Hopefully SA have just played their final …. Like us in 2019
  • Options
    4 of us heading out there in a camper only £192 on the ferry return 
    Booked into camp de Paris can't wait 
    Anyone else heading out ?
  • Options
    SA unchanged
    Smith out and Stewart back at 15, no suprise
    More of a suprise Joe Marler and George Martin return in the pack in place of vice-captain Ellis Genge and Ollie Chessum.

This could be redemption for Dan Cole.
  • Options
    Was going to have a bet but PP 
    Only given evens on a England win 
    Got to be 2/1 surely 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    4 of us heading out there in a camper only £192 on the ferry return 
    Booked into camp de Paris can't wait 
    Anyone else heading out ?
    In Paris now!

shame it’s the airport and waiting for a flight to Colombia!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Wellred said:
    Got to be 2/1 surely 
    That’s with a +13pts handicap.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Got to be 2/1 surely 
    Cheers didn’t see that got to worth a decent bet now
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    Got to be 2/1 surely 
    Save your money its a one horse race.
  • Options
    I find it difficult to see anything other than a Boks win but not by the 20 point margin recorded at the 2019 RWCF. We are in the semi final which in itself is no small achievement.
     “We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the rugby fields. We will never surrender”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    Got to be 2/1 surely 
    Save your money its a one horse race.
    What even with a 13 point lead 
    I have stuck £50 easy money IMO
  • Options
    3/1 in a handicap double with NZ at +18
  • Options
    Will be watching both semi-finals in a sports bar in Bogotá - there will be lots of Argentinians today so should be a good atmosphere. Hopefully some ex-pats around tomorrow and a few Boks.
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend a good streaming site for the rugby please? I’m traveling currently and don’t have access to ITV
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend a good streaming site for the rugby please? I’m traveling currently and don’t have access to ITV
    I’m watching it on ITV1 via a vpn. It’s also available on Peacock in the USA but unless you have a vpn I think you’re snookered 
  • Options
    Realise I'm in a minority, but the Haka makes me cringe
  • Options
    Download the ITV app and VPN. 

I’m in Spain and tried to watch England and Fiji match. The stream kept cutting out. It was after that I found out it was the VPN that was causing the problem and all I had to do was select another UK destination. live and learn. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    The ones they do now are very cartoony 

However, the proper ones, the mental ones are brilliant you can see the more interesting ones still on YouTube 
  • Options
    Looks like this one is over already, NZ in a different class to Argentina unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Argentina were keeping that close for a while I thought and was hopeful of a tense second half but it got away from them in the five minutes before half time. Too many penalties conceded...

20-6 lead for NZ at half time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope the other semi final is less one sided than this
  • Options
    Shame it’s not a great contest but this was always likely to happen the way the draw panned out. 

Hopefully England can make more a game tomorrow 
  • Options
    It's a shame we ended up with a one sided semi final. 

Unfortunately the NZ v Argentina game has gone that way too. 
  • Options
    Not quite a whitewash but certainly a blackwash
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    I hope the other semi final is less one sided than this
    I'd be very comfortable with a one sided England win  ;)
  • Options
    Don't be surprised if South Africa set up to stop us playing rather than to be as exciting and expensive as they were against France. They won't want Tuilagi, May, Smith or any of our backs being allowed the ball for any period of time anywhere near their 22. 

I could be and often am wrong, I just hope they try and kill the game as that will suit us rather than them look to run the ball all the time 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Don't be surprised if South Africa set up to stop us playing rather than to be as exciting and expensive as they were against France. They won't want Tuilagi, May, Smith or any of our backs being allowed the ball for any period of time anywhere near their 22. 

I could be and often am wrong, I just hope they try and kill the game as that will suit us rather than them look to run the ball all the time 
    Therefore you could argue why would they bother to play in a way that would suit us more?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

https://youtu.be/emJyEa4z2Ec?si=jsrrSLrG9kPS0ovq
  • Options
    Carter said:

Therefore you could argue why would they bother to play in a way that would suit us more?
    Yeah definitely, if I was the South African head coach I'd be working with them all on doing what they did v France as that could well blow us away. It is a high risk game to play as I reckon that game will have taken a big toll on their forwards. That is my only rationale as to why they might change to be a bit more park the bus and kick at every chance to make us reset and then invariably kick lots as well. 

Either way, we need a few of them to have an off day and our whole squad to have a good day, a really good day to beat them. Definitely not impossible though and not in any way comparable to the two sides who played yesterday