Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    Carter said:
    Don't be surprised if South Africa set up to stop us playing rather than to be as exciting and expensive as they were against France. They won't want Tuilagi, May, Smith or any of our backs being allowed the ball for any period of time anywhere near their 22. 

I could be and often am wrong, I just hope they try and kill the game as that will suit us rather than them look to run the ball all the time 
    Therefore you could argue why would they bother to play in a way that would suit us more?
    They might not agree it suits us.

I think SA were set up to stop France anyway, and break very quickly, it'll be more of the same.
  • Options
    As an England fan I’m worried that this could be embarrassing tonight. This Bok squad is one made up of monsters that can produce the most powerful display of rugby ever seen. France are also in that mold and the Boks turned them over. 

I hate England when they play a kicking game but tonight I think that is the only chance we have. Kick for territory and get the chase right force penalties and take the 3 pointers. If we can keep SA penned into their half we could cause an upset
  • Options
    Christ last nights game was a complete miss match. I'm sure the boks are worried it could be the same for them. 
  • Options
    We need to defend for our lives and take points when we attack. Drop goals included.
  • Options
    Well if the cricket is anything to go by the game will be over at half time 
  • Options
    Lolled out to me
  • Options
    looked
  • Options
    3/1 in a handicap double with NZ at +18
    Half way there…fingers crossed 
  • Options
    I really hope both teams show up tonight, playing as well as they can, the semi-finals need a good contest.

Naturally, as an unbiased "neutral", I'm...

...hoping Steve Borthwick continues to surprise and outsmart the critics.
  • Options
    shut up Farrell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Awful game of rugby but that plays right into England hands 
  • Options
    Fantastic from England proper rattled them 
  • Options
    Come on England
  • Options
    They are rattled, no doubt about it, which may work for or against us second half. Bit of discipline and the gap could have been bigger.

Can we match another 40 mins though. Even if they up it and turn us over, heads held high after that first half, most people thought it would be over by now.
  • Options
    That wasn't the half I expected but it was absolutely the half we needed
  • Options
    Encore une fois
  • Options
    De Klerk up there with Denis Wise
  • Options
    Has Tom Curry ever got through a game without smashing his face in?
  • Options
    Has Tom Curry ever got through a game without smashing his face in?
    Be a Dahl game if he did
  • Options
    Haven’t watched any of this World Cup until today. I feel I’ve missed the best of it.

Not a great game, but the thing I’m noticing more than anything else is the little long haired saffer who keeps moaning at the ref like a little bitch.
    I thought rugby players didn’t do that? That’s what rugby fans always say when they’re criticising football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow Farrell
  • Options
    Steve Borthwick rugby genius...
  • Options
    But Farrell is shit and we shouldn't kick it 😒 
  • Options
    Haven’t watched any of this World Cup until today. I feel I’ve missed the best of it.

Not a great game, but the thing I’m noticing more than anything else is the little long haired saffer who keeps moaning at the ref like a little bitch.
    I thought rugby players didn’t do that? That’s what rugby fans always say when they’re criticising football.
    See gribbo's post 3 above yours 
  • Options
    rina said:

See gribbo's post 3 above yours 
    Ah, right. Didn’t know his name, but yeah, couldn’t agree more!
  • Options
    Getting into all kinds of trouble with Sinckler unfortunately 
  • Options
    Gutting. Right at the death 
  • Options
    Well that’s that then 
  • Options
    Getting into all kinds of trouble with Sinckler unfortunately 
    He’s had a mare 
  • Options
    Conditions don’t help but what a dreadful game of rugby.