Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Payne joins MK Dons on season loan

edited August 2023 in General Charlton
According to Cawley this morning

Comments

• Options
    Good move for him and not someone we will miss. I hope we can bring in better to replace him though. 
  • Options
    Never really kicked on from when he was a promising youngster @ Southend and had suitors higher up the Leagues - Good luck to him
  • Options
    Not a short term loan then 
  • Options
    Think he'll do well back in League 2 (and hope he does) and always tried hard for us.
  • Options
    Tried, can’t deny that. Also undeniably not good enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not good enough, but I saw him score a very good header v Exeter which I enjoyed thoroughly. Hope he does well.
  • Options
    Strange player as I'm not really sure where his best position is. Feel a little sorry for him given he wasn't given much of a chance and was played in multiple positions. Probably wasn't/isn't good enough but always tried which is better than a lot we've had over the last few years. 
  • Options
    Appreciated his work rate and attitude. Beating oppo players to the ball with his head (occasionally) really tickled me. Good luck Jack!
  • Options
    According to Cawley this morning
    I read that as ‘according to Cowley this morning’.
  • Options
    Effort is there but size has caught up with him.

• Options
    Feels like a mistake. We've got gaps all over the pitch and we're letting players go without replacing them. Maybe this will free up some wages but in the meantime we have even fewer options in a first team that isn't performing. Payne is one of our few creative players, we'll do well to replace his goal contributions in the next few days
    Maybe a judgement for Friday night! 
  • Options
    A likeable player even though it didn't quite work out with us. All the very best Jack.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Jack thanks for your undoubted effort
  • Options
    I'm assuming his contract runs out next summer. 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    I'm assuming his contract runs out next summer. 
    It does
  • Options
    @Redvaliant called this yesterday. Good knowledge 😉
  • Options
    Good luck Jack league 2 player at best. Wish him well. Is that 3 ex Charlton players they have on their books.
  • Options
    Slowly but surely we are getting rid of the ones just not good enough.

He is also out of contract for next season 
  • Options
    Why a loan?
  • Options
    Why a loan?
    Cheaper for MK Dons as we’ll pay some of his wages and they can send him back in January if it doesn’t work out.