Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tennai Watson - Signs on a TWO Year Deal (CONFIRMED) ++

Comments

• Options
    Shades of Lawrie Wilson perhaps in rise from much derided RB to being actually pretty good in the right team with decent coaching. He used to be shite, now he's alright...
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Shades of Lawrie Wilson perhaps in rise from much derided RB to being actually pretty good in the right team with decent coaching. He used to be shite, now he's alright...
    Dig out the chant! Annoy the old chant police
  • Options
    🎵🎵 There’s only one Tennai Watson
    Oneeee Tennai Watson,

He used to be shite, but now he’s alright 

walking in a Watson wonderland!!!! 🎵🎵

You know it makes sense.
  • Options
    2 ex Charlton in midfield as well...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Definitely upped his game since Ramsay arrived.  Competition for places improves threatened player......who knew!

Fair play to him.  Still think his heading is woeful and he's not the strongest but he's definitely improved
    Your knowledge is better than mine, but I disagree about his heading. Think he wins more than his fair share when the balls from Gillesphey and Thomas head over.

He’s really winning me over at the moment, but still think his one on one defending needs some work. He lets people past him and crosses in too easily.

As has been alluded though, currently that shirt is his and Ramsey will have to earn it back.
  • Options
    The heading thing is interesting, he's rubbish at defending corners but has been used as a target going forward. Simple solution is not to have him in the box and use him as the out ball, could be really useful on the counter
  • Options
    Are there any players that haven’t shown some improvement under Jones, even if it’s just energy and commitment?
    AMB?

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    The heading thing is interesting, he's rubbish at defending corners but has been used as a target going forward. Simple solution is not to have him in the box and use him as the out ball, could be really useful on the counter
    I don’t know if he read this and was determined to prove you wrong today, but he got a couple of excellent defensive headers in today!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unique (rating system) as in weird.
  • Options
    So, er, no Alfie May up front then? About as weird as [.....]
  • Options
    Unique (rating system) as in weird.
    I suspect it involves some kind of system that involved blind people that were also incapable of seeing our total goals against.

Tennai Watson in TotS. For Charlton, in 2023/24.

Start making the statue now.
  • Options
    Don't rate him at all.
    Worrying thing is, this kind of accolade might make him think he's doing alright.
  • Options
    Average 6.80 rating on WhoScored, 7.00 on SofaScore and 7.02 on FotMob.

Don’t think he’s the best right back in the league (Dacres Cogley at Bolton off the top of my head is one I’d have before him) but some of the ridicule is too much IMO. He actually does quite well compared to his peers and is worth keeping next season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's mad that he's in that team, he's not even the best right back at the club, but I do think he's way overhated on here. He's a decent player. He had a couple of higher profile mistakes but he was also clearly made a scapegoat. I remember one goal where he sprinted up the pitch to create a chance and the move broke down. Despite everyone on earth who knows anything about football knowing that it's the RCB's job to cover when the RWB goes forward somehow Watson got the grief on here not Lloyd Jones who just stood perfectly still. Mental. The fact is though Watson managed a goal and four assists in a terrible team and massively improved when Nathan Jones came in. He was a big part of Jones's team in our improvement and our unbeaten run and played through injury while Ramsay was out. He had to get subbed in some games and was forced to play on through others. Gets far too much grief on here
    Some people saw him playing half fit in an U21s game and made their mind up from that moment forward.
  • Options
    He's a reasonable RB. Baffled if there are no other better RBs in the division though.
  • Options
    edited April 30
    He's a reasonable RB. Baffled if there are no other better RBs in the division though.
    Hopefully Ramsay as first choice, Watson as backup should be good enough for us in that dept. But based on the season, there should definitely have been a better RB, which I realise is what you were probably saying
  • Options
    Ramsay, Watson and Asiimwe means we shouldn't need to look at any right backs this summer. 

Small and Edun on the left needs a bit of work though. 

How he got into that TOTY though is beyond my comprehension
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ramsay, Watson and Asiimwe means we shouldn't need to look at any right backs this summer. 

Small and Edun on the left needs a bit of work though. 

How he got into that TOTY though is beyond my comprehension
    Edun and Asiimwe will both leave 
    Asiimwe on loan maybe, he’s only 19.
  • Options
    edited May 1
    It's mad that he's in that team, he's not even the best right back at the club, but I do think he's way overhated on here. 
    Is he? I've not noticed Tennai Watson get much grief on here. Statbank average 6.01. He seems to just be regarded as very average, which he is. He got criticised for one 'error' but that's not being hated. 
  • Options
    Watson went from being absolutely abysmal to being ok. Doesn't fill me with confidence for next season