Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    Andy Scott can do one as well. He's as much to blame as Appleton is.

Andy Scott is certainly in the last chance saloon but I want him to prove he can get a manager who can inspire and organise and impress the fans with his football more than talk which is cheap as chips.
  • Options
    Andy Scott can do one as well. He's as much to blame as Appleton is.
    Plus the rest of the SMT.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I just think it's a bit unfair that they sacked him before he had a chance to do the tunnel jump tonight 
    I had the popcorn ready for the post match interview. What a waste. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 23
    Who is it that decides the actual sacking?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Think you will find it was decided before the game.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Yeah could well be, but decided by the billionaires? Fans advisor? Rodwell? The players?
    Somebody presumably has the power to decide, Appleton said he never walks away from a challenge so who pushed him?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Yeah could well be, but decided by the billionaires? Fans advisor? Rodwell? The players?
    Somebody presumably has the power to decide, Appleton said he never walks away from a challenge so who pushed him?
    We did and quite rightly so . 
  • Options
    Thank heavens. 
    What a mistake he was. 
    Curbs and Brownie dream team anyone ?
    Just said that to the wife!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Think the players decided weeks ago he was a busted flush.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I would have thought it must have been Andy Scott's recommendation explained to and discussed with the rest of the SMT before receiving final approval from Rodwell.
    If it wasn't then I would argue that the SMT isn't operating as it should.
  • Options
    IIanJRO said:
    It's time for the second coming
    Trouble is there pride wouldn’t even consider asking or consulting him.
    Isint this the same lot who did ask Chris Powell if he would work alongside Holden?
    And your point is?
    Well quite obvious really. They didn’t seem to have an issue with pride when speaking with Chris Powell, so why would they with Curbs if they felt it necessary?
    But only to assist, did they think that would ever be acceptable? Plus not wanting to be wrong about their own expertise.

And why are you sticking up for them!
    I’m not sticking up for anyone, it’s not the school playground.

Im just pointing out what I think is a flaw in your logic. I don’t think pride will have anything to do with whether they would ask Curbs or not. It is whether they rate him now or not, and that’s a different conversation. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He joins Andy Nelson and Jose Riga as the only managers to be sacked twice. 
    Jose Riga wasn’t sacked the first time in 2016 he was employed to end of the season.March 2016 to May 2016.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I’d take Jones all day 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Surely it must have been Andy Scott's recommendation explained to and discussed with the rest of the SMT before receiving final approval from Rodwell.
    Sounds nice and corporate and procedural and organised when put like that. The whole board of shareholders discussed things then put it to a vote, and the majority shareholding decided to sack Appleton within half an hour.
    Doesn’t sound credible to me.

• Options
    Nathan Jones gets my vote. Think he was in charge for one game which we won so has a 100% win rate ! Think he would do well. Apart from Jacko none of the last lot in that list would be anywhere near anyone’s preference for a manager. So sick of this constant merrygo round of managers. They had better get it right this time otherwise it really could be Division 2 . Can’t believe we are even contemplating that possibility. 
  • Options
    Thought it was a boring unambitious appointment from the start and it somehow turned out even worse than that. Never seen a manager that seems so disinterested in the club he's managing. 

Think he'll struggle to get another League 1 club after this. 
  • Options
    Very much doubt we are out of the woods yet.

We've now got a 15 man or whatever it is ownership group that have lost all faith in the SMT that appointed them and probably now all non collectively think they  know what's best!

Buckle up.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    It's now a salvage job until the end of the season.
    We don't need to be thinking long term at this stage, we just need to be thinking survival, then reassess if we do manage to stay up.

Whoever comes in, will need to have a great affinity with the club and the fans, because we badly need the fans to get 100% behind the team from the outset, even if we lose to Blackpool, play ugly football, or take a while to finally turn things around.
    The manager, team and fans need to be 100% united in the survival mission.

It would be a no lose situation for whoever takes it on, they could not possibly do any worse than Appleton.
    Only three names who would be capable of getting the fans 100% behind them immediately and until the end of the season are:

Curbs, C Powell and maybe Bowyer.

If we can manage to stay up, the future could then be looking bright with the squad that we are currently building and players returning from injury.
  • Options

cabbles said:
    Has @ronniemoore confirmed he’s gone yet

Give him time