Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    So how many wins did the great manager get for us in his time here? 
  • Options
    All I’ve been doing this morning is saying sorry to my 7 year old son. Dad has got you supporting a complete basket case of a football club, I’ve not been this disconnected to football since I was 5 years old. 

Appleton should never of been appointed and it won’t improve unless Scott goes. He hasn't been successful anywhere. 

Why would any proven manager take on Charlton? 
    Those of you kidding yourselves we are anything other than a laughing stock in football are mad. 

You’re never too good to go down, we are awful…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 24
    IIanJRO said:
    It's time for the second coming
    Trouble is there pride wouldn’t even consider asking or consulting him.
    Isint this the same lot who did ask Chris Powell if he would work alongside Holden?
    And your point is?
    Well quite obvious really. They didn’t seem to have an issue with pride when speaking with Chris Powell, so why would they with Curbs if they felt it necessary?
    But only to assist, did they think that would ever be acceptable? Plus not wanting to be wrong about their own expertise.

And why are you sticking up for them!
    I’m not sticking up for anyone, it’s not the school playground.

Im just pointing out what I think is a flaw in your logic. I don’t think pride will have anything to do with whether they would ask Curbs or not. It is whether they rate him now or not, and that’s a different conversation. 
    The role they may have considered for Powell was insulting to the man and I can’t imagine too many managers would welcome someone being brought in as a mentor/advisor.

Curbs is like the ‘Elephant in the Room’ it’s so obvious to everyone bar those in charge, he should have some role/ be consulted, assuming he’d be interested, which I imagine he wouldn’t and who’d blame him.
  • Options
    All I’ve been doing this morning is saying sorry to my 7 year old son. Dad has got you supporting a complete basket case of a football club, I’ve not been this disconnected to football since I was 5 years old. 

Appleton should never of been appointed and it won’t improve unless Scott goes. He hasn't been successful anywhere. 

Why would any proven manager take on Charlton? 
    Those of you kidding yourselves we are anything other than a laughing stock in football are mad. 

You’re never too good to go down, we are awful…
    Disagree .. we finally have owners in charge that want to take the club forward we seen that with the investment made .. but this decline started right back under Richard Murray in the last years of Alan Curbishley .. Murray made a lot a of strange calls , financially he out is on a slippy slope and we never recovered .. and the decline , assist stripping whatever you want to call it as continued through Slater / TJ brought to the club by Varney who lost their backer then basically tired to sell every assist we had and even offered the valley back to the council .. then RD , the crooks enough said and TS who wanted to be successful but did not relise the cost … but finally we have a group who will take this club forward but it’s not going to happen in 6 months , 1 year it’s going to couple of years to get this club stable again .. …. So no we are a club trying to stand still for a period of time .. stability is the word Charlton need that both in the boardroom and manager position 
  • Options
    Can we change the title to Applegone?
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Sackleton
    That’s the spirit 

McSackleton, or Mansfield Appleton as I like to call him
    Don’t you ruin this for me!
  • Options
    Club announcement: "Please will Mr Scott follow Mr Appleton to the main exit."
    He can be bundled out the side door for all I care. 
  • Options
    Great week so far.

Lost to Burton and Northampton
    Manager sacked
    Fraser loan collapsed
    CBT left
    U21s lost
    U18s lost in the FA Youth cup.
    ‘Things, can only get bettter…’

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 24
    Some CL members think there's a magic wand and you sack everyone and we all live happily ever after: Terrible choice of Michael Appleton which was clear to see as soon as he didn't have Chuks or Leaburn to come on as subs. 

Andy Scott stays until the end of season because with 18 games to go how can any one come into his job while we try to stay up. He got us into this mess with his appointment of MA. It would take too long for the new Technical director to understand the chains of command !

We need a manager/head coach who is prepared to work with the players morning and afternoon to get them to play as a team and have partnerships all over the field.
    FFS pick a shape to suit the players we have at the moment. If that is 4-4-2 then play that. They have to stop making basic mistakes at the back. Defenders have to work together when playing offsides. 
    Charlton Athletic are imploding and a terrible fate awaits( A Derby with Bromley ?)in league 2 if we can't get organised on the pitch with everyone knowing their job.
  • Options
    Jackson - Cheap option
    Garner - Cheap option
    Holden - Cheap option
    Appleton - Cheap option

Buy cheap, buy twice is a good saying for a reason.
    GET SOMEONE WITH A GOOD TRACK RECORD
    We've just said goodbye to someone with more wins than defeats in  his career over multiple seasons, but with only one promotion to his name and he wasn't up to the task.

MA wasn't s success here and many didn't think he would be, but his L1 track record wasn't so bad it should have ruled him out as a candidate imo. Not the best one, but then he wasn't the first choice was he?
  • Options
    Don't think any of us is surprised or shocked by this
    Let's hope we have learned by this & stop going for the cheap option as it has shown it doesn't work & cost more money in the long run
    Just need someone in place temporarily for now to get to the end of the season as there is enough in this team to keep us up 
    Then we need someone in who has real pedigree & give them enough money to rebuild the team as that's what is needed 
    As if we don't we will find ourselves in the same position over & over on this manager merry-go-round  
    Good on those who turned up last night just a shame there was so little of us mind you the football is absolutely terrible so i can understand why 
    Gutted for all of us having paid good money being sold the same old story & I am absolutely sick of it & unless the club show real intent that's me done as I not going to be taken for a cun# anymore 
    Rant over COYR   B)