Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks

Comments

• Options
    I was resisting the temptation to make the obvious joke, but @Brownie12 beat me to it anyway :)
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    The notion of Chuks never starting games but having 20 minute cameos being something to be pleased about speaks volumes about how far this club has sunk
    Chunks of the crowd are pleased to seem him on the bench because he's more popular than Charlie Kirk and might have an impact - even if it's only one impact before breaking down again - in contrast to Kirk who could turn out for 110 minutes every week and never come close to making and impact
    That's not so much "a low bar" as the total absence of expectation

Brings to mind professional misery guts, poet and balladeer: the late great Leonard Cohen.  When asked in an interview how he felt about being branded a pessimist he replied "I think those descriptions of me are quite inappropriate to the gravity of the predicament that faces us all."

I'd never heard of fans being happy with a player not being able to start a game and play 90 minutes, then Aneke comes along and it's alright to play 1 hour a month for 20k upwards.
    We have dropped a hell of a long way from beating Arsenal 4-2 at Highbury.
    I don't recall Liverpool supporters being unhappy with the original supersub, David Fairclough.  Mind you he did score nearly one goal every three matches coming on as a sub. (Mind you, I don't think there was ever a problem with him playing the full match just that others were preferred starters and he used his pace against knackered defenders at the fag end of the game.)
  • Options
    I suspect the five substitute rule will lead to many successful professional players who will never play a full game in their lives. Starters and finishers. Chuks is definitely a finisher.
  • Options
    I suspect the five substitute rule will lead to many successful professional players who will never play a full game in their lives. Starters and finishers. Chuks is definitely a finisher.
    A bit like baseball pitchers and "special teams" in American footy. Don't see why not
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I suspect the five substitute rule will lead to many successful professional players who will never play a full game in their lives. Starters and finishers. Chuks is definitely a finished.
    fixed that for you
  • Options
    Completely agree and if we can find a way to keep him regularly available for playing 20 mins against a tired oppo defence he will once again be a great asset to this club, still looks like a big if though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    THIS

c'mon Chuks we are with you 100% the stage is yours turn our season around mate we believe in you 

there isn't a single team in this division that wants to see you lining up in our squad on a saturday i garauntee
    👍
  • Options
    Love that interview. The fans getting behind him and him staying fit could be a real catalyst for the club turning a corner. A bit of feel good backing the bloke and he delivers in turn. 
    COYRs

• Options
    "You're fit and you know you are"
  • Options
    Defenders get battered everywhere Chuks goes. Defenders get battered everywhere he goes. Everywhere he goooooeeeeessss!
  • Options
     Reckon the club scripted all of that based on his social media abuse. Sorry to say but like this administration actions speak louder than words. 

Ridiculous signing and it makes my blood boil every time I think about it.
  • Options
    clive said:
    THIS

c'mon Chuks we are with you 100% the stage is yours turn our season around mate we believe in you 

there isn't a single team in this division that wants to see you lining up in our squad on a saturday i garauntee
    This. Thank fuck leaburn is off, oh shit its chucks 
  • Options
    Chuks….talisman….gives everyone a lift
  • Options
    Great to see him back. Hope he silences the haters.
    I don’t think anyone hates him.
    They hate the fact we have great player that we can’t keep on the pitch.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    With games being around 100 minutes this season, even Chuks coming on in the 80th minute will be a decent bonus for us. 

It’s key that fans (I think most of us do), the club, and the player now accept Chuks cannot start games or play an hour plus in a game. Chuks playing 15-20 minute cameos should still add a lot to our season.  
    Absolutely this, I think we need to cut the guy some slack, he’s a 4th / 5 th choice striker at best, and needs to be used in that way, great to see him back, but I’m not getting my hopes up.
    He’s our best striker, along with May. 
    Leaburn is without doubt our best striker.

Has youth on his side aswell , plus as we all know we will get the most money from selling him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makes such a difference, just hasn't found his shooting boots yet. 
  • Options
    Recommended for a few in this thread and the other Chuks one.

https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/humble-pie/5cc6b64c-31e5-43ac-8144-d4867c46ce31
  • Options
    The other point is that he actually looks fit and confident. No scenarios where 'Ah Chuks is down, is he limping' at the moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Chuks was limping and grimacing his way back to halfway after assisting the first goal… luckily he was able to run it off but let’s say I’m glad it’s now two weeks until the next league fixture.
  • Options
    Unplayable when he came on. Oh for a fully fit 90 mins a game Chuks.