Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks

Comments

• Options
    I think if there is any chance he is fit enough to be "risked" on the bench on Saturday, then he'll be named as one of the subs. Hopefully we'll be 3-0 up by the 70th minute he can remain an unused sub, but if we need a goal it sure would be nice to be able to bring him on.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    If all Chuks does, is come on for 25 minutes for 10 games between now and the end of season, we'll be fine I reckon
    Nice work if you can get it. 
  • Options
    Chuks is quintessentially back in full training. 
    How long before he has a “setback”? 🤔
    Monday ?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    If all Chuks does, is come on for 25 minutes for 10 games between now and the end of season, we'll be fine I reckon
    Nice work if you can get it. 
    well I'll take it 
  • Options
    WTF does quintessentially mean ?
  • Options
    The way Jones has phrased that feels like once Chuks is fully match fit he'll be deployed to assassinate the opposition manager the night before a game instead of subbed on in the 66th minute
    Love the idea of that absolute unit of a man (6'4", 220lbs?) sneaking around but in full kit and Steve Evans catches him while wearing a sleeping cap
  • Options
    edited February 8

• Options
    Rothko said:
    I really hope he scores 10 goals , we stay up with ease and then he is sold to someone as daft as we were 
  • Options
    Get him on for the last 20/15 minutes of games against tired legs. Even if he only scored 2 or 3 it could keep us up 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Rothko said:
    I really hope he scores 10 goals , we stay up with ease and then he is sold to someone as daft as we were 
    If that’s the case watch Andy Scott buy him back.
  • Options
    Quintessentially means representing a perfect or typical example of something.  As in Haaland is the quinessential striker!
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Rothko said:

And next season plays 30 games for them 🙂
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Quintessentially means representing a perfect or typical example of something.  As in Haaland is the quinessential striker!
    Answered quintessentially...🙄
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Redskin said:
    He's a crock that is only capable of playing 20 minutes on the rarest of occasions he is 'fit'.

If all those Chucks-tinted glasses followers think he is the answer to what might  prevent our potential relegation, then they are in for the rudest of awakenings.

He's a crock that is only capable of playing 20 minutes on the rarest of occasions he is 'fit'.

I don't think anyone was aware of his injury issues, cheers. 
    In which case they should have been sacked for gross incompetence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t know if this has been mentioned before (& I can’t be arsed to read through hundreds of posts to check), but having been signed twice by Charlton I’d like to know how did he manage to pass the medicals? 
  • Options
    It may or may not have been posted before, (I can’t be arsed to check either) but a) medicals at this level are often not the detailed scientific process some people think they are and b) any player can pass a medical regardless of how ‘crocked’ they are. In this case, it’s more a club’s risk assessment on whether a player in bad shape is worth signing and how much they’re going to pay them, taking into account the fact they could break down at any moment etc. It’s not a legal assessment of whether they meet a certain criteria of fitness, but it’s about a club’s willingness to take on a risk.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    If he comes back and saves us from the deep shit we're in then it would be worth every penny of the money we've paid for him over the past few years.
    Crazy but 100% true 
  • Options
    I don’t know if this has been mentioned before (& I can’t be arsed to read through hundreds of posts to check), but having been signed twice by Charlton I’d like to know how did he manage to pass the medicals? 
    Brown envelopes.
  • Options
    As much as we need him now, we simply can't rely on him.

It's like jumping from a plane with a paracute made of tissue paper.
  • Options
    Get Chuks on the pitch tomorrow. We desperately need these 3 points. If we achieve that and his injuries blow up again then at least it will give Jones/Hart a bit more time to work on the team. Hopefully Chuks will stay fit for the remainder of the season. 🤞
  • Options
    edited February 12
    Charlton P 31 W 7 D10 L 14
    With Chuks P 6 W 3 D 3 L 0
    #SaveUsChuks
    Obviously there's other variants at play but this is honestly crazy and makes it such a huge shame he has such injury issues. An injury free Chuks could have achieved so much in his career.

He makes such a big difference to this team.