Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    One man wrecking machine he's unplayable  sometimes the main reason we got a point.

• Options
    Fella is different gravy 
  • Options
    Great player for us, but that's never been the debate. How long until he pulls up and we don't see him for 3 months? I'll enjoy watching him in the meantime 
  • Options
    He is a brute of a beast seems bigger than anyone else on the pitch.

Can understand why MAY gave him the ball for the penalty, once he is off the mark he will get a bag full. Just keep him fit.
  • Options
    Reckon he'll be sore in the morning .
    He really put it in to get down the wing and chip it over for May's goal.

And we all know what that usually means. :-(
  • Options
    If one of those late chances had gone in I think we'd be in danger of the all-time record Player Marks score 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    That first assist is one of the best assists by a Charlton player in recent years, he did about 5 things completely right 
    I honestly think that’s the best assist we’ve had in this division, amazing combination of strength and pace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go on the Chuks
  • Options
    The way he bulldozed that defender before setting up the goal was marvellous. Absolute steam train. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Chucks is a great asset, but at the moment his great coming off the bench with 30mins to go, but when he starts I feel that his not the same player as he monitors himself because he doesn’t know if he can play 90mins at the moment, but his looking fitter than we have seen him for a long time.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Chucks is a great asset, but at the moment his great coming off the bench with 30mins to go, but when he starts I feel that his not the same player as he monitors himself because he doesn’t know if he can play 90mins at the moment, but his looking fitter than we have seen him for a long time.
    He was still good on Tuesday from the start. I would start him in 1 of the Reading or Lincoln games when we come back in 2 weeks 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Good job we paid him off in the summer.
    When he sprinted to beat the defender, out-muscled him and then played a lovely dinked ball across for May to score all I could think was 'why has this man not been medically retired yet?!'
    Who was the poster that stated that? He went onto make the most flawed financial savings argument too. All I remember was 'you don't get it.
    don't start! I like this thread (I made it!) 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Bilko said:
    He was still good on Tuesday from the start. I would start him in 1 of the Reading or Lincoln games when we come back in 2 weeks 
    Yep, he played ok on Tuesday, but still not the same player than coming of the bench when opposition is tired.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon he'll be sore in the morning .
    He really put it in to get down the wing and chip it over for May's goal.

And we all know what that usually means. :-(
    I was half expecting his hamstring to go on that brilliant run.
  • Options
    Makes such a difference with him starting or on the bench. We all desperately want him to score. He clearly wants to score and he will but just hope he keeps fit and doing what he is doing. Great to see him back in the red shirt.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Chuks with no injury issues would have played in the premier league in my opinion. If he can give us 30 games of either 60 from the start or 30 off the bench, he’s a huge asset. 

Was man of the match today. They simply couldn’t cope with him. Just needs to remember that composure infront of goal. It’ll come.
    Not sure about that. For some reason he's never really done it in the Championship, when he was on the pitch in 2019/20 he never stood out as a lethal goal threat.
  • Options
    Seems Chuks beats the whole "he gets better when he's injured" tripe.

Chuks really is that good, that the gamble of keeping him playing far outweighs any benefit of releasing him. 

Just imagine if we had released Chuks... we'd definitely be worse off.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Chuks with no injury issues would have played in the premier league in my opinion. If he can give us 30 games of either 60 from the start or 30 off the bench, he’s a huge asset. 

Was man of the match today. They simply couldn’t cope with him. Just needs to remember that composure infront of goal. It’ll come.
    Not sure about that. For some reason he's never really done it in the Championship, when he was on the pitch in 2019/20 he never stood out as a lethal goal threat.
    Wasn't he injured for most of it and when he came back towards the end had two goals that would have saved us wrongly chalked off for offside
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Wasn't he injured for most of it and when he came back towards the end had two goals that would have saved us wrongly chalked off for offside
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chuks-aneke/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/122694/plus/0?saison=2021&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

In the first half of 21/22 when he was at Birmingham, he featured in every match day squad, but made little impact before returning to us.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Chuks really is that good, that the gamble of keeping him playing far outweighs any benefit of releasing him. 

Just imagine if we had released Chuks... we'd definitely be worse off.
    If you were going to let Chuks go it would mean you have to replace him with someone who can do what he can do BUT for 90 minutes a game, 40 odd games a season.

But if you found THAT player, they almost certainly wouldn't be available or willing in League One. Certainly not for a middling bunch of also-rans like we've been in recent times....
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I don’t think anyone says that about Chuks , we all know that if he’s fit and on the pitch damage will be done .

we have had soooo much other guff waiting in the wings who are bid up to high heaven when they’re injured .