Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Looking at the draw there's not that many obvious picks so maybe we do have a very good chance of being televised? I know obviously the Coalville and Truro games in previous seasons weren't but this one should be depending on how many TV selections they have. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Chesterfield vs Portsmouth
    Kidderminster vs Fleetwood
    Hereford vs Gillingham
    Slough vs Grimsby
    Marine vs Harrogate
    Sheppey vs Walsall
    Scarborough vs Forest Green
    Bromley vs Blackpool

Are the obvious choices... What with those being the Non-League vs League games.

Chesterfield would be a good pick, top of the Conference vs top of League One.

Hereford | Scarborough wouldn't be bad choices either, as ex-League clubs, but now Phoenix versions - Sheppey are an obvious option as lowest team left, against Walsall... Marine because "remember when they faced Spurs during COVID" - Bromley would be another good choice for a potential upset.

Then there is Mansfield vs Wrexham if they can get another Ryan Reynolds interview in, as that will surely boost viewing figures.
  • Options
    I'd say Sheppey and Chesterfield are nailed on , Pompey as past winners at a non League club + Chesterfield's cup history should assure that one. 
  • Options
    Chesterfield vs Portsmouth
    Kidderminster vs Fleetwood
    Hereford vs Gillingham
    Slough vs Grimsby
    Marine vs Harrogate
    Sheppey vs Walsall
    Scarborough vs Forest Green
    Bromley vs Blackpool

Are the obvious choices... What with those being the Non-League vs League games.

Chesterfield would be a good pick, top of the Conference vs top of League One.

Hereford | Scarborough wouldn't be bad choices either, as ex-League clubs, but now Phoenix versions - Sheppey are an obvious option as lowest team left, against Walsall... Marine because "remember when they faced Spurs during COVID" - Bromley would be another good choice for a potential upset.

Then there is Mansfield vs Wrexham if they can get another Ryan Reynolds interview in, as that will surely boost viewing figures.
    Nailed on Bromley on the tele methinks.
  • Options
    Chesterfield, Sheppey and Bromley look nailed on to me.
  • Options
    If it is tv a 5.30 kick off in Sunday is a really shitty time. Ok for travelling fans as its local but messes with people who want to eat dinner at a reasonable time.....and not just some greasy burger in the ground.

Game finishes around 7.30pm. Time to get home (even local) and its 8.30-9pm. 

Cant eat beforehand either unless you have a big Sunday roast at lunchtime & then sandwiches or something light when you get home/on the way home. 

And it's a Sunday. Lots of chippys are shut on a Sunday. 

Grrrr....
    You shouldn't be eating your main meal in the evening https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2023/01/10/meal-timing-big-meals/#
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    of all the potential issues with a 5.30pm Sunday KO....when to eat your roast dinner must surely be the funniest
    Not just me to think about, there are others in the household too.

If it is live on tv at 5.30pm then I might stay at home and watch it. Live at 12 noon, 2pm or even 4pm then I'd probably go, but seeing as football has sold its soul to the devil then it reaps what it sows. 
  • Options
    If it is tv a 5.30 kick off in Sunday is a really shitty time. Ok for travelling fans as its local but messes with people who want to eat dinner at a reasonable time.....and not just some greasy burger in the ground.

Game finishes around 7.30pm. Time to get home (even local) and its 8.30-9pm. 

Cant eat beforehand either unless you have a big Sunday roast at lunchtime & then sandwiches or something light when you get home/on the way home. 

And it's a Sunday. Lots of chippys are shut on a Sunday. 

Grrrr....
    You shouldn't be eating your main meal in the evening https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2023/01/10/meal-timing-big-meals/#
    that is absolute nonsense
  • Options
    no one will go to the game now 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    5:30 kick off on the Sunday, live on BBC2
    This will be a homage to lockdown with no fans in the ground…
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    5:30 kick off on the Sunday, live on BBC2
    That will do me😀👍
  • Options
    well we are going lol 

• Options
    Ooh, will there be fireworks?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Each club who appeared live on Tv at this stage last season received £50,000

https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/oct/20/emirates-fa-cup-first-round-proper-broadcast-games-20232010
  • Options
    Just as well nobody had anything planned for the 5th November. 
    Less than 3k I reckon 
  • Options
    Is that the first time we’ll appear on BBC2 in a live match?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    CREWE VS DERBY!!! - What an absolute piss take for some of the Non-League sides

They might as well transport the TV Crews from Sheppey > Bromley > Charlton that weekend lol!

I'm glad that we're on the TV - In a way I think its also the wrong call - But hopefully means that Cray will get a shit ton of money from the tie now, rather than peanuts from low attendance figures
  • Options
    Is that the first time we’ll appear on BBC2 in a live match?
    FA Cup 2006 vs Boro, both the home game and the replay
  • Options
    Maybe Middlesbrough away 2006 ?

• Options
    Pleased from Cray as the windfall they'll receive but fail to see the interest for the TV viewers.