Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

The draw for the Emirates FA Cup fourth round qualifying draw was made on Monday afternoon.

Ties will take place across the weekend of Saturday 14 October 2023.

The Draw

1 Scarborough Athletic v Oxford City
2 Altrincham v Oldham Athletic
3 FC Halifax Town v Marine
4 Blyth Spartans or Worksop Town v Boston United
5 AFC Fylde v Leek Town
6 Hereford v Rochdale
7 York City v Peterborough Sports or Needham Market
8 Solihull Moors v Biggleswade Town
9 Chesterfield v Kettering Town
10 Alfreton Town v Macclesfield
11 Hartlepool United v Chester
12 Bromsgrove Sporting or Chelmsford City v Whitby Town
13 Curzon Ashton v Tamworth
14 Kidderminster Harriers v Ashton United
15 Stourbridge v Gateshead
16 Aldershot Town v Lewes
17 Torquay United v Maidstone United
18 AFC Totton v Ramsgate
19 Aveley or Hornchurch v Barnet
20 Hemel Hempsted Town v Woking
21 Horsham v Dorking Wanderers
22 Eastleigh v Dover Athletic
23 Yeovil Town v Southend United
24 Bromley v Wealdstone
25 Weston Super Mare v Maidenhead United
26 Braintree Town v Chesham United
27 Bracknell Town v Dagenham & Redbridge
28 Worthing v Bath City
29 Boreham Wood v Gosport Borough or Welling United
30 Carshalton Athletic or Cray Valley (PM) v Enfield Town
31 Ebbsfleet United v Salisbury or Slough Town
32 Billericay Town v Sheppey United

We enter the next round which will be played on the weekend of 4th November.

Comments

• Options
    Tough game for Welling if they can get past Gosport.

Leek - Ramsgate - Sheppey - Biggleswade are the lowest teams left in the competition, from Step 8 - Both Ramsgate and Sheppey stand a decent chance of reaching the 1st Round, given they're up against sides from Step 7
  • Options
    Ramsgate away in the first round I reckon.

@Airman Brown to allocate us a ‘Charlton pub’.

• Options
    Many of those teams will be dreaming about stepping on the hallowed turf of The Valley in November.

Then moaning afterwards about the poor crowd  ;)
  • Options
    Ramsgate, Sheppey United, Biggleswade Town and Leek Town are the four lowest ranked sides left in the competition.
  • Options
    I got Colined. :-)
  • Options
    Anybody know who are lowest ranked teams left in the cup…. ?
    I think its

Sheppey, Ramsgate, Leek and there is one other but not sure who it is sorry
  • Options
    Anybody know who are lowest ranked teams left in the cup…. ?
    I think its

Sheppey, Ramsgate, Leek and there is one other but not sure who it is sorry
    If Callum had done his research, he'd know that it was Cray Valley Paper Mills, but they still need to win their replay to advance ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My expectations are now so low that I looked at that list, didn't see us and simply assumed we must have been eliminated already.
  • Options
    I counted 17 ex EFL teams in the draw.
  • Options
    Chelmsford safely through after taking out the might Sporting Bromsgrove in a replay. Whitby to beat before a power tie against Charlton 
  • Options
    Many of those teams will be dreaming about stepping on the hallowed turf of The Valley in November.

Then moaning afterwards about the poor crowd  ;)
    And celebrating reaching the 4th round 
    2nd round.
  • Options
    Welling through to play Boreham Wood in next round after a 4-2 win tonight (6-4 over two games) Great news! 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Cray Valley Paper Mills from Step 8 also won their replay last night.

Leaves us with eight Kent / South East London sides with the chance of advancing.

Guaranteed at least two sides in the First Round from Step Seven or lower, with Cray Valley (8) hosting Enfield (7), and Sheppey (8) heading to Billericay (7).
  • Options
    Eltham based Cray Valley Paper Mills are into the next round too.
  • Options
    Kent really well represented. 
  • Options
    Welling through to play Boreham Wood in next round after a 4-2 win tonight (6-4 over two games) Great news! 
    Easy away game to get to for the Welling fans, as Borehamwood is on the direct Thameslink trains via Abbey Wood. Wood have started the season slowly, so they have a chance too. 
  • Options
    Easy away game to get to for the Welling fans, as Borehamwood is on the direct Thameslink trains via Abbey Wood. Wood have started the season slowly, so they have a chance too. 
    Pity it’s such an awful ground to visit. Probably the most unwelcoming non league ground I’ve been to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m going up to Solihull Moors next Saturday to watch my local team Biggleswade Town play them . They are three levels above us and are unbeaten in the National League so I’m not expecting too much but you never know with the magic of the Cup. 
  • Options
    👍
  • Options
    What does 6-4 over two games mean ? 
  • Options
    Oh are they adding the original score to replay ? 
  • Options
    I’m going up to Solihull Moors next Saturday to watch my local team Biggleswade Town play them . They are three levels above us and are unbeaten in the National League so I’m not expecting too much but you never know with the magic of the Cup. 
    Up the Waders! 

Bit of a disappointing draw to be honest. Home against Solihull would have been okay, but I had hoped for a low ranked team so they had a good chance to make the 1st round proper. As long as they didn't draw f'ing Bromsgrove again... 
  • Options
    My niece's partner captain's Ramsgate hoping for them in 1st round proper
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Up the Waders! 

Bit of a disappointing draw to be honest. Home against Solihull would have been okay, but I had hoped for a low ranked team so they had a good chance to make the 1st round proper. As long as they didn't draw f'ing Bromsgrove again... 
    It was Stourbridge that we draw in the first round proper 10 years ago. Of all the teams we could have drawn we drew one from our league and the team never turned up on the day. My son was one of the mascots . 
  • Options
    Up the Waders! 

It was Stourbridge that we draw in the first round proper 10 years ago. Of all the teams we could have drawn we drew one from our league and the team never turned up on the day. My son was one of the mascots . 
    Stourbridge! I knew it was some nondescript midlands town, and they were in the same bloody league as the Waders.  
  • Options

Charlton have been allocated ball number 12 for Sunday's Emirates FA Cup first round draw.

Supporters can watch this weekend's draw live in the UK on ITV1 from 2.30pm BST.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/fa-cup-first-round-draw-set-sunday

• Options
    Off to see Horsham v Dorking Wanderers in the all-ticket clash tomorrow. It should be an easy win for Dorking Wanderers, @Fanny Fanackapan