Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    As long as whoever we draw away, has a rival local team, who come on here to try to get us to use their parking  and pre game bar receipts 
    I'll happily use someone else's pre-game bar receipts.
  • Options
    Got a 0-1 to them written all over it haha
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bromley at home to Blackpool, AFC Wimbledon at home to Cheltenham Town. Lots of London home ties here.
    TV game surely?
    Doubt it. If we'd been away I'd have thought it would have been guaranteed.
    I was referring to Bromley vs Blackpool
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    If we can’t beat CVPM at The Valley it will be the worst result in our history. I hope we put out a strong team but even with a fair smattering of youngsters we should still run out easy winners.

Pleased for them though and for once I’ll be there so hope it’s a decent turn out. However with three consecutive home Saturday games some will definitely give it a miss. Hope the Club run the usual Valley Express routes.
  • Options
    TV game that
    If we was away yes 
    If it was away they would probably have to switch it to The Valley in any case. Their ground only holds c1000 and Police would say it was crowd risk. 
  • Options
    Great draw for them, my Dad used to play cricket and rugby at Old Brocks next door so walked past the ground a lot as a youngster
  • Options
    My guess is that the tv games will be:

Bromley v Blackpool
    Chesterfield v Portsmouth
    Mansfield v Wrexham (because it's Wrexham)

Then i'm struggling. Maybe Hereford v Gillingham or Crewe v Derby. 

Nothing else really stands out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was born and lived on Sheppey untill 1997 would be good to them v Charlton in the next round,if we both get through
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67106905

Picking out non league at home to league clubs, in terms of TV "attractiveness"

Chesterfield v Portsmouth
    Bromley v Blackpool

Kidderminster Harriers v Fleetwood Town
    Hereford v Gillingham

Ebbsfleet United or Slough Town v Grimsby Town
  • Options
    TV game that
    If we was away yes 
    If it was away they would probably have to switch it to The Valley in any case. Their ground only holds c1000 and Police would say it was crowd risk. 
    Apparently it has to be the nearest suitable neutral ground, so probably Welling?
    Could come into play if there’s a replay.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic v Cray Valley Paper mill.

A local Derby in 2023 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It would be near impossible for Cray Valley to have hosted the tie, romantic though that would've been.
    Had they been the home team I am pretty sure they would have accepted it being played at the Valley, them being the nominal home team. Common sense, and good fellowship from Charlton would have made it possible. I still feel it has some magic of the cup features to make it a TV game.
    When I went to see them yesterday a couple of their guys said they would love it to be Charlton, one bloke said it would be the Lisbie link that would make it special. They were a friendly bunch, but amazingly just after half time some Enfield Town fans had a scuffle of some sorts in the area opposite the main 100 seater stand, and led to the ref pausing the game. WTF? I have no idea.
    Young Lisbie (wide tricky runner type) equalised twice down the slope, a vital one just before half time, Lisbie on a hat trick was chopped early in the second half and had to be subbed, but Cray scored a nice third goal. Then the bloke who had chopped Lisbie decided to chop his replacement (another wide tricky runner type) and got a second yellow and was off.
    Kevin Lisbie was certainly there, and all in all it was very enjoyable and constantly interesting, the standard of football is mostly competent and honest.
    A genuine local derby!
    Didn’t think clubs were allowed to switch grounds.
    It's been done several times down the years. 
    Not sure if it's still allowed today mind.
    The rule has changed for the better to stop it.
  • Options
    Is it the shortest distance for a competitive Charlton match?
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned the Lisbie connection yet? 
  • Options
    Ooh is there a connection with Lisbie?
    Pray tell…
  • Options
    I call "Total humiliation and embarassment" first!

(Us of course)
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Saw our U18s play them in pre season and win 3-2. 

In the league they’ve been decent for a couple of seasons. Big strong lad up front Freddy Parker, and quick Lisbie Jr alongside him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    Probably - just over two miles as the crow flies. The old Den and the Boleyn were just over three miles away.

If we'd played Thames FC, who were at Custom House across the river, they would have been closer, but it doesn't look we did. 
  • Options
    I was born in Sidcup but lived in Cray since I was 5. Not normally interested in this type of game but CV originate from the mill near The Bull pub in St Paul’s Cray, I’ve drank in the mills Bar/social club in the 80’s after the mill had closed. 
    Probably go to this to try to help them with their payout. Would be good if the club give them 100% rather than 50%. They can’t can’t surely have many regulars.  I hope our fans get behind this one and we smash them by 6 or 7.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    As a league side yes but played a lot more local derbies pre 1921

Also not counting playing West Ham and Palace as the "home" side
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Probably - just over two miles as the crow flies. The old Den and the Boleyn were just over three miles away.

If we'd played Thames FC, who were at Custom House across the river, they would have been closer, but it doesn't look we did. 
    The Boleyn was closer than the old Den as the Crow flies.You could see both grounds from Pontoon Dock DLR Station.
  • Options
    Numbers said:
    I was born in Sidcup but lived in Cray since I was 5. Not normally interested in this type of game but CV originate from the mill near The Bull pub in St Paul’s Cray, I’ve drank in the mills Bar/social club in the 80’s after the mill had closed. 
    Probably go to this to try to help them with their payout. Would be good if the club give them 100% rather than 50%. They can’t can’t surely have many regulars.  I hope our fans get behind this one and we smash them by 6 or 7.
    45% each. 
    FA 10%
  • Options

The Emirates FA Cup
    Season 2023-24
    Payments made from The FA's prize fund

Extra preliminary round winners(208)£1,125
    Extra preliminary round losers(208) £375
    Preliminary round winners(136)£1,444
    Preliminary round losers(136)£481 
    First round qualifying winners(112)£2,250
    First round qualifying losers (112) £750 
    Second round qualifying winners(80)£3,375
    Second round qualifying losers(80)£1,125
    Third round qualifying winners(40)£5,625
    Third round qualifying losers (40) £1,875 
    Fourth round qualifying winners(32)£9,375
    Fourth round qualifying losers (32) £3,125 
    First round proper winners(40)£41,000
    Second round proper winners(20)£67,000
    Third round proper winners(32)£105,000
    Fourth round proper winners (16) £120,000 
    Fifth round proper winners(8)£225,000
    Quarter-final winners(4)£450,000
    Semi-final winners(2)£1,000,000
    Semi-final losers(2)£500,000
    Final runners-up(1)£1,000,000
    Final winners(1)£2,000,000

Amounts are per club in each round. Numbers in brackets represent the number of clubs receiving the respective payment per round.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Was the 579 odd a record crowd for them yesterday? They normally get about 130

ed. no, record was 663 in 2019
  • Options
    Lisbie jr scored twice today for Cray Valley 
  • Options
    Great times (for everyone else ) 
  • Options
    TV game that
    If we was away yes 
    Do they tend to get a big turnout then?