Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ha - great draw for them 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    WOW... What a fix :D

Shame its not at their place
  • Options
    Cray Valley at home!
  • Options
    Cray Valley, great tie
  • Options
    Kevin Lisbie Derby!
  • Options
    Wow. Kevin Lisbie to come out of retirement?  :D
  • Options
    TV game that
  • Options
    Fantastic.
  • Options
    What a tie haha.  Brilliant
  • Options
    TV game that
    lol!... Hope so, but the TV Companies rarely show League vs Non-League.

BBC made a huge fuss about Truro being the first Cornish team in the 1st Round for years, but didnt show the game, as it was at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quality 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    TV game that
    Doubt it. Away it would have been, but no channel will want to showcase the 'magic of the cup' with less than 5k people in the ground 
  • Options
    Bromley at home to Blackpool, AFC Wimbledon at home to Cheltenham Town. Lots of London home ties here.
  • Options
    Shame, what a shite tie for Ramsgate
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bromley at home to Blackpool, AFC Wimbledon at home to Cheltenham Town. Lots of London home ties here.
    TV game surely?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    TV game surely?
    Mansfield vs Wrexham will no doubt be another
  • Options
    Cray Valley, I grew up in Middle Park Avenue where they play.
  • Options
    TV game that
    If we was away yes 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    Blooming hell! Can't believe how far CVPM have come in recent years. I used to play against them in my younger days 
    Me too!
  • Options
    We should deliberately draw lol, always wanted to see a game there
  • Options
    A really good draw. I think young Kevin is guaranteed a pundit slot on Charlton TV
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Cray Valley, I grew up in Middle Park Avenue where they play.
    Thought they would play near the A4 with Tim Ream as manager.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It would be near impossible for Cray Valley to have hosted the tie, romantic though that would've been.
    Had they been the home team I am pretty sure they would have accepted it being played at the Valley, them being the nominal home team. Common sense, and good fellowship from Charlton would have made it possible. I still feel it has some magic of the cup features to make it a TV game.
    When I went to see them yesterday a couple of their guys said they would love it to be Charlton, one bloke said it would be the Lisbie link that would make it special. They were a friendly bunch, but amazingly just after half time some Enfield Town fans had a scuffle of some sorts in the area opposite the main 100 seater stand, and led to the ref pausing the game. WTF? I have no idea.
    Young Lisbie (wide tricky runner type) equalised twice down the slope, a vital one just before half time, Lisbie on a hat trick was chopped early in the second half and had to be subbed, but Cray scored a nice third goal. Then the bloke who had chopped Lisbie decided to chop his replacement (another wide tricky runner type) and got a second yellow and was off.
    Kevin Lisbie was certainly there, and all in all it was very enjoyable and constantly interesting, the standard of football is mostly competent and honest.
    A genuine local derby!
    Didn’t think clubs were allowed to switch grounds.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    TV game surely?
    Doubt it. If we'd been away I'd have thought it would have been guaranteed.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It would be near impossible for Cray Valley to have hosted the tie, romantic though that would've been.
    Had they been the home team I am pretty sure they would have accepted it being played at the Valley, them being the nominal home team. Common sense, and good fellowship from Charlton would have made it possible. I still feel it has some magic of the cup features to make it a TV game.
    When I went to see them yesterday a couple of their guys said they would love it to be Charlton, one bloke said it would be the Lisbie link that would make it special. They were a friendly bunch, but amazingly just after half time some Enfield Town fans had a scuffle of some sorts in the area opposite the main 100 seater stand, and led to the ref pausing the game. WTF? I have no idea.
    Young Lisbie (wide tricky runner type) equalised twice down the slope, a vital one just before half time, Lisbie on a hat trick was chopped early in the second half and had to be subbed, but Cray scored a nice third goal. Then the bloke who had chopped Lisbie decided to chop his replacement (another wide tricky runner type) and got a second yellow and was off.
    Kevin Lisbie was certainly there, and all in all it was very enjoyable and constantly interesting, the standard of football is mostly competent and honest.
    A genuine local derby!
    It's been done several times down the years. 
    Not sure if it's still allowed today mind.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A genuine local derby!
    Yeah I know what you mean, dunno if it is a rule, but seriously Badgers couldn't host such a game without a huge amount of work and restrictions, all to accommodate (if the rules are to be followed) 150 Charlton Fans. For a start they have a total of two turnstiles (next to each other) and the only place I can think of with less is Crockenhill with just one.