Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Actually think there will be a lot of Millwall come to this game..
    Don't see why they would other then they live down that way 

A few have mentioned to me that they fancy it, if it doesn’t clash with our game v Southampton 
    What is the attraction in this match for your lot ? 
    Could maybe understand if it was West ham or Leeds 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

A few have mentioned to me that they fancy it, if it doesn’t clash with our game v Southampton 
    Well, it's all out there in the bolloxsphere now.  Hopefully a decent enough gate, so the Spanner cnuts get a pay day.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Cray Valley getting some minutes on the pitch prepping for their FA cup game by getting stuffed three nil by Punjab United tonight. 

On the grass surely ?  :D
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Our fans from Eltham, Sidcup and surrounding areas will have Charlton as one of their main rivals (along with West Ham) because it’s a mixed area, they have to live alongside Charlton fans. And there will be plenty of rivalry from that. 

Same as Millwall fans who come from Bromley, beckenham, sydenham, Forest Hill, and the like will have a special dislike for palace because that’s a mixed area. 

I’ve found our fans who come from inner SE London care a lot less about Charlton and palace. 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Our fans from Eltham, Sidcup and surrounding areas will have Charlton as one of their main rivals (along with West Ham) because it’s a mixed area, they have to live alongside Charlton fans. And there will be plenty of rivalry from that. 

Same as Millwall fans who come from Bromley, beckenham, sydenham, Forest Hill, and the like will have a special dislike for palace because that’s a mixed area. 

I’ve found our fans who come from inner SE London care a lot less about Charlton and palace. 
    yeah they care more about Fisher FC 

• Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

My friend's who go Millwall don't see us as a rivals never have done 
    West Ham Leeds Everton are at the top of their list palace that hate because they think they run South London 
    & there is a long list who they have run ins with but they have never mentioned us in that way maybe it's because the ones I know are old Bush wackers 
    & it's the youngster's that think that way

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Cray Valley getting some minutes on the pitch prepping for their FA cup game by getting stuffed three nil by Punjab United tonight. 

Was a complete different starting eleven from the game on Saturday. Last night against Punjab was a Kent Senior Cup game, not League.
  • Options
    They changed complete 11 from Saturday and had a few Kent Youth League u18's playing
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

yeah they care more about Fisher FC 

West Ham mostly. And Chelsea back in the day. 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

My friend's who go Millwall don't see us as a rivals never have done 
    West Ham Leeds Everton are at the top of their list palace that hate because they think they run South London 
    & there is a long list who they have run ins with but they have never mentioned us in that way maybe it's because the ones I know are old Bush wackers 
    & it's the youngster's that think that way

Yeah agree. I know quite a few of the old bushwackers and as youll know a few of them come from Sydenham and Forest Hill areas so will get a bit of hatred for palace because of that. And also, as you say, palace have got well above their station in recent years. Their main hatred is with West Ham though, always will be. Their skirmish’s with the ICF were frequent during the 80’s and 90’s. Was always hearing about them growing up on the terraces at the Old Den. Anyway, I’ll shut up now, don’t want to turn it in to another Millwall thread lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Nothing I enjoy more than Millwall fans who give me a blow by blow account, of events that happened before they were fecking born. Anyway now this twat has stupidly called it on, I'd say boycott the game. Just beat them an move on..... ! 
  • Options
    When are they actually announcing the TV games and subsequently the kickoff times?
  • Options
    Didn't realise Ipswich had graciously agreed to continue entering the competition in the 1st round after getting promoted last year. Very good of them to offer themselves up to the non-league clubs.
  • Options
    I think this will be a very low crowd unless the ticket price is very generous. Even then we might be a record low. 

It’s more a coincidence they are local than anything else. 

I think Appleton needs to state up front he is playing a full strength team  and giving only 2/3 ‘youth’ some exposure/ minutes. 

We don’t need to prioritise the league or such nonsense. Manage minutes for those nursing injuries or niggles maybe but that’s the same for any game. 
  • Options
    I think this will be a very low crowd unless the ticket price is very generous. Even then we might be a record low. 

I think Appleton needs to state up front he is playing a full strength team  and giving only 2/3 ‘youth’ some exposure/ minutes. 

We don’t need to prioritise the league or such nonsense. Manage minutes for those nursing injuries or niggles maybe but that’s the same for any game. 
    It will not be close to a record low.
  • Options

What is our record low? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What is our record low? 
    A few hundred.
  • Options

Get the game won then give some of the youth game time it's important that we win & go through 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

What is our record low? 
    A few hundred.
    When was that / who did we host?

• Options
    PopIcon said:

What is our record low? 
    A few hundred.

Checkatrade Vs Fulham, 2017, 741 in attendance 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:

What is our record low? 
    A few hundred.

And I was there.
    "It's maybe not a shocking fact given the competition and will be an evening which will not remain long in the memory for those who attended, although they can say they were there when history was made".

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:

What is our record low? 
    A few hundred.

And I was there.
    "It's maybe not a shocking fact given the competition and will be an evening which will not remain long in the memory for those who attended, although they can say they were there when history was made".
    Thanks. But I was meaning our record low FA Cup attendance. 
  • Options
    Just realised their Centre Midfielder (and I believe captain) works in my office
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:

What is our record low? 
    A few hundred.

And I was there.
    Ahem, surely history was made by those heros who selflessly didn’t go…