Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bobby Charlton RIP

Hearing that Bobby Charlton has sadly passed away. One of the greats of English football.

Comments

• Options
    No official announcement on this ?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I really hope it is a hoax. My Manchester residing cousin, who is actually a City fan, sent me a text about half an hour ago. Let’s pray that the great man is still with us.
  • Options
    Saw Charlton trending last week and wondered what we'd done - can't have sacked Appleton already surely?

Then realised it was all about Bobby Charlton as it was his birthday.
  • Options
    His man utd début was against us.
  • Options
    Scored 2 didn't he?
  • Options
    Is it just him and Sir Geoff Hurst who are the only surviving members of the World Cup winning side?
  • Options
    Is it just him and Sir Geoff Hurst who are the only surviving members of the World Cup winning side?
    Yes
  • Options
    who the fuck writes a facebook page with a believable account of someone dying?!

apparently 57% of people asked found it funny. what a laugh it is.. Tossers.
  • Options
    Confirmed 

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    was reading this thread as BBC notification came in. RIP Sir Bobby.
  • Options
    Sad news. What a wonderful player and person. RIP Sir Bob Charlton. 
  • Options
    Just announced on Sky.

RIP Bobby.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    An absolute England legend

RIP Sir Bobby 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    sadly no hoax. RIP. Not only a legend but a giant of world football 
  • Options
    Guess the original Facebook message was correct though apparently this is a thing to do when it comes to celebrities. 

Anyway....
  • Options
    Great player. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP.  Fantastic servant to football and England.  God rest you Sir!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    who the fuck writes a facebook page with a believable account of someone dying?!

I remember when Andrew Sachs died and I knew for certain that he had as his wife phoned to tell me. I was stupid to announce it before it was officially announced not realising that his wife and family wanted to grieve. But no one on here believed me and I was ridiculed. Bogus stuff on the internet was treated as genuine more than my version than my source being his wife.
    You know who you are who ridiculed me. 

I went to his funeral and afterwards the news was announced on the tv. 
    Perhaps the original source knew but the family wanted time for themselves. 

RIP SIR BOBBY CHARLTON. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very, very sad news. Absolutely outstanding footballer and always a true gent. 

RIP
  • Options
    legend RIP 
  • Options
    RIP Bobby, a true legend of the game.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP

To the greatest legend of the English game.
  • Options
    Only read Jonathan Wilson's book on the Charlton brothers the other day, the Munich Air disaster bits were pretty harrowing, can't imagine what it must have been like.  Brave man to go through that and come out the other side, return to playing etc.

And obviously a wonderful player.

RIP.
  • Options
    Scored 2 didn't he?
    Correct.

A sad day. I can't believe only Sir Geoff is left. 😔
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I remember when Andrew Sachs died and I knew for certain that he had as his wife phoned to tell me. I was stupid to announce it before it was officially announced not realising that his wife and family wanted to grieve. But no one on here believed me and I was ridiculed. Bogus stuff on the internet was treated as genuine more than my version than my source being his wife.
    You know who you are who ridiculed me. 

I went to his funeral and afterwards the news was announced on the tv. 
    Perhaps the original source knew but the family wanted time time for themselves. 

RIP SIR BOBBY CHARLTON. 

I'm sickened that it seems to be a thing when it comes to famous people and people "jokingly" make out  their deaths and people finding it funny. 
    This is what I thought and now hoped it was.