Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bobby Charlton RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    One of all too few RIP, Sir Bobby
  • Options
    Very sad news, condolences to Sir Bobby's family and friends. One of the greatest players ever.
  • Options
    A true football legend. RIP Sir Bobby.
  • Options
    Sad but what memories. Few people have achieved what that man had. 
  • Options
    RIP to a true legend. An absolute Rolls Royce of a player and a proper gentleman.
  • Options
    RIP, Sir
  • Options
    Very sad. A true football legend.

RIP Sir Bobby
  • Options
    Our Dad conned my Bruv that he was seeing his then beloved Bobby when he took him to Charlton.
    A long tradition began.
    RIP Sir Bobby 😞
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An end to the great Milburn-Charlton footballing dynasty. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP. Seemed a great fella as well as being a true legend of English football
  • Options
    Sad news. What a life, legacy and career though. So much for his family to be proud of. 
  • Options
    Where do you start with a player of this stature.I first saw him at a midweek afternoon game at the Valley pre floodlight days  they  beat us 5-1 Bobby stood out among one of the greatest teams ever ,spraying 40 yard passes all over the pitch,a true joy to watch.We often say it about great players when they pass,but he truly was one of the best.
    RIP Bobby.
  • Options
    RIP. A legend of the game.
  • Options
    RIP. True legend and one of the best.
  • Options
    An absolute hero of mine growing up. Great man, great player, and a thunderous shot in both feet. Loved watching him play and score for England, and also in the run to the European Cup Final in 1968 too with Man Utd. I had a red football shirt as a kid that I always imagined was his, even though it didn't have a number on it.... I remember being most disappointed when he didn't play for Preston when managing them against us on the night we won promotion. A lovely man in his dotage, and a credit to his family. RIP Sir Bobby - you were one of the all-time greats.
  • Options
    RIP great player
  • Options
    RIP

Hard to explain just how big a star he was globally
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RiP
  • Options
    Very sad news. I doubt anyone has kicked a ball harder that Sir Bobby! A gentleman too. RIP
  • Options
    An absolutely fantastic player with one of the best shots I have seen in football.  A true world class player in his time.

This is a sad time indeed, though he leaves so many great memories for all of us that saw his International career.

Condolence's to his family.

RIP Bobby.

If my memory serves me correct his league debut was against us. 
  • Options
    RIP Sir Bobby. My favourite all-time player. A true legend. 
  • Options
    Rest in Peace Sir Bobby. Truly one of England’s greatest players. Such a modest, emotional kind hearted man. 
  • Options
    Hard to find words.
    He was more or less perfect.
    RIP Bobby.
  • Options
    Made his debut against us. 
    My childhood hero, how lucky were we to have him when we were growing up. 
    How lucky were we that he was English.

Our only truly world class player.
    Never sent off, in a era of thug footballer’s 

Saw him play a couple of times, gliding across cabbage patch pitches to play a pass , or have a shot with unerring accuracy.

RIP Sir Bobby
  • Options
    RIP Sir Bobby.
    The mark of the man is that nobody has ever had a bad word to say about him.
    Truly wonderful player, a global icon and great ambassador for our game.
  • Options
    Fantastic player - a true legend of the game and a gentleman. A great servant for Man U and England.
  • Options
    One of the true giants of world football. RIP