Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bobby Charlton RIP

124»

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Only saw him once at the Valley at a night fixture when he was managing Preston, it was like a royal visit. I think we won 3-1 and I seem to remember he was fired shortly afterwards. They said that he was to nice to be a manager.
    Imagine being the chairman that has to sack Bobby Charlton! 
  • Options
    Rip Bobby, true icon everybody's football hero
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Genuinely moving:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2023/oct/24/david-squires-on-sir-bobby-charlton-munich-air-disaster

For the mentions of Geoff Hurst being the last player left from the England team in 1966, Bobby Charlton was also the last survivor of the Munich Air Disaster left.
  • Options
    RIP Sir Bobby Charlton.
    Just about everything you could want from a footballing hero.

• Options
    Would have failed the Charlton height test @ 5ft 8 but what a player! RIP Sir Bob 
  • Options
    I first saw him in European game’s, flying down the left wing, a body swerve I’ve never seen bettered then a thunderbolt shot - into the top corner. Watching on a grainy black & white tv then, around1959 I guess.

Bobby became my boyhood hero & he’s remained a hero to me ever since. So talented and so humble.
  • Options
    No minutes silence/applause for Bobby Charlton today at The Valley