Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth [a] Tickets to go on sale (Ed. Extra 524 tickets allocated) - on sale 3pm Tuesday

Comments

• Options
    We’ve had more than enough wins at Pompey in recent times , not a chance of it happening now they’re half decent 
  • Options
    Looks like its close to a sellout on the ticketing site, but can the bastards update the OS of the figures for all away games, whoever's responsibility it is they do a pretty naff job at it.
  • Options
    Looks like its close to a sellout on the ticketing site, but can the bastards update the OS of the figures for all away games, whoever's responsibility it is they do a pretty naff job at it.
    Careful mate, last time I said this I was borderline accused of not being a proper fan and if I wanted a ticket I'd have got one! 
  • Options
    Careful mate, last time I said this I was borderline accused of not being a proper fan and if I wanted a ticket I'd have got one! 
    To be honest with you, I'm in a similar situation as to what you was (waiting for confirmation from others). I can remember backing you on that, really poor from fans to be defending incompetence then expecting the club to progress. I wonder if the same individuals will be at Wigan on Tuesday?
  • Options
    To be honest with you, I'm in a similar situation as to what you was (waiting for confirmation from others). I can remember backing you on that, really poor from fans to be defending incompetence then expecting the club to progress. I wonder if the same individuals will be at Wigan on Tuesday?
    The whole thing was nonsense, had people telling me that every fan that wanted a ticket got one, apparently our fan base is capped at 1400 or whatever it was then haha. 

The club do need to communicate more with this stuff, can't be too difficult. 

Good luck getting sorted. 

I highly doubt the people who were mocking me were at Shrewsbury or Lincoln, not that I play that 'I go to more games' mindset but that's certainly how some fans were talking to some of us 
  • Options
    What do you think fans do at clubs that give no updates whatsoever? All buy en masse on the day?
  • Options
    Sold out now and I was too preoccupied today to get my order in. Can I be the first to say….looking for 2 spares. 
  • Options
    Pompey can give us more, right?
  • Options
    Pompey can give us more, right?
    Well it does say initial allocation and the end holds about 3000. Hope they do..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure anyone accused you of not being a fan. Away tickets in general are pretty low demand. We all know when it’s likely to sell out, in these cases it’s best to get in early to avoid disappointment, that’s all. 
  • Options
    Not sure anyone accused you of not being a fan. Away tickets in general are pretty low demand. We all know when it’s likely to sell out, in these cases it’s best to get in early to avoid disappointment, that’s all. 
    It was certainly suggested on twitter which I should have said 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    How hard is it to update a field on a webpage once a day? According to the official site we’ve sold 261, yet there are currently no tickets on sale
    Perhaps they have received some extra tickets and the website is being updated.  Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Site now says 1500 sold. So that would mean over 100 unsold, but not showing as available on the ticket site. 

Edit: Now amended to sold out.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    How hard is it to update a field on a webpage once a day? According to the official site we’ve sold 261, yet there are currently no tickets on sale
    Perhaps they have received some suggestion tickets and the website is being updated.  Just a suggestion.
    What are suggestion tickets? 
  • Options
    Sold out
  • Options
    Spot on AFKA. Checked all week, sold 261, when you went to buy them on the site could only buy the Wigan tickets, called the ticket office at 3pm were all,sold out at 2pm.Fin it hard to believe 1,400 were sold in a day.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Perhaps they have received some suggestion tickets and the website is being updated.  Just a suggestion.
    What are suggestion tickets? 
    Jesus. I meant to say extra. God knows what happened there....
  • Options
    Sounds a bit moody to me….doing work so they can’t allocate more tickets, although Bristol Rovers had 1950…funny that.
    https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-bid-to-end-unenviable-charlton-athletic-record-handed-blow-following-major-addicks-statement-4389225

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds a bit moody to me….doing work so they can’t allocate more tickets, although Bristol Rovers had 1950…funny that.
    https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-bid-to-end-unenviable-charlton-athletic-record-handed-blow-following-major-addicks-statement-4389225

Totally agree. Thought I read somewhere that the work had been completed. 
  • Options

perhaps Charlton could offer to reciprocate and let them know they will match any ticket allocation Pompey give Charlton fans
  • Options

perhaps Charlton could offer to reciprocate and let them know they will match any ticket allocation Pompey give Charlton fans
    Not a great move for a business that loses circa £8m a year to turn away a guaranteed income from at least 1,400 ticket sales.  
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Not a great move for a business that loses circa £8m a year to turn away a guaranteed income from at least 1,400 ticket sales.  
    Increase the ticket price for that match to recover it from the 1600 we would offer Pompey. Offer a two or three match package to non-season ticket charlton fans to smooth out the increase for the home areas.

we know what noise 2.5k Charlton fans make at fratton park, so do they, so it seems a bit convenient that we’ve been given so few. It’s a great day out for us going to Pompey and the game at the valley is a great day out for them. If they are trying to restrict our numbers to give them an edge then make it backfire on them by reciprocating.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Increase the ticket price for that match to recover it from the 1600 we would offer Pompey. Offer a two or three match package to non-season ticket charlton fans to smooth out the increase for the home areas.

we know what noise 2.5k Charlton fans make at fratton park, so do they, so it seems a bit convenient that we’ve been given so few. It’s a great day out for us going to Pompey and the game at the valley is a great day out for them. If they are trying to restrict our numbers to give them an edge then make it backfire on them by reciprocating.
    When you have lost 10 out of your last 11 home games to a certain opposition you will use any advantage you can get, the next time you play them (Provided it’s in the rules) 
  • Options
    would of gone but in Lanzarote unfortunately. 
    You'll have to do better than that, i'm afraid. :)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

When you have lost 10 out of your last 11 home games to a certain opposition you will use any advantage you can get, the next time you play them (Provided it’s in the rules) 
    Basically, they just don't like it up 'em !
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    shirty5 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Basically, they just don't like it up 'em !
    Well, we need to make as much noise with lower numbers. Problem sorted.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Conspiracy theories are funny and never true.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Conspiracy theories are funny and never true.
    …unless somebody tries to rubbish them and then you have to start to believe they’re might be some truth in them…