Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth [a] Tickets to go on sale (Ed. Extra 524 tickets allocated) - on sale 3pm Tuesday

Comments

• Options
    Read online that Waterloo is being targetted by sit in protests on Saturday. Hopefully doesn’t affect trains in/out
    Give some of them a slap on the way through,  thanks.

(Please untwist yer knickers CL, I was joking)
    Somebody probably will, Newcastle at Bournemouth, West Brom at Southampton, Charlton at Portsmouth and Doncaster at Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Just 130 tickets left 
  • Options
    Just 130 tickets left 
    Pretty sure it’s already sold out 
  • Options
    Information for those using London Underground on Saturday 11th November.

Four London Underground lines are to be fully suspended for part of a weekend so that engineering works can be carried out.

The Circle, Jubilee, District and Hammersmith and City lines will not operate for a large part of Saturday 11 November due to work on a new signalling system, external.

The Metropolitan line will also have a limited service, with no trains running between Harrow-on-the Hill and Aldgate.

The closures are scheduled to last until 15:00 GMT, with replacement buses filling in before that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cyr1rz1gv84o

• Options
    Any parking tips? Park and ride any good? Coming from Devon. 
  • Options
    The Asda nearby is free for 3 hours and about a 10-15 minute walk from the stadium - used it last season and was fine
  • Options
    Is it sit where you want or numbered? I am taking my young lad with me and likely won't get there until just before the game. Last away he did was Ipswich a couple of years ago and he wanted to leave after 10mins - partly because we were 2-0 down already - but mainly because people were in our seats and we couldn't get anywhere near them so ended up standing in the aisle.
  • Options
    Is it sit where you want or numbered? I am taking my young lad with me and likely won't get there until just before the game. Last away he did was Ipswich a couple of years ago and he wanted to leave after 10mins - partly because we were 2-0 down already - but mainly because people were in our seats and we couldn't get anywhere near them so ended up standing in the aisle.
    Don’t actually know tbh. The last couple of times they've had stewards stopping people going into the first couple of blocks close to kick off as they have been too full.
  • Options
    I just bought 2 tickets from the Charlton Website - so they must have released more tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Be the same as Ipswich I guess. Just politely ask them to vacate your seat. Be surprised I've done it and it actually worked. We're not hooligans you know. 
  • Options
    sbaldry said:
    I just bought 2 tickets from the Charlton Website - so they must have released more tickets.
    Yep says they are available, good luck if you still want one.
  • Options
    Be the same as Ipswich I guess. Just politely ask them to vacate your seat. Be surprised I've done it and it actually worked. We're not hooligans you know. 
    I would have done at Ipswich but having been in their outside family bit we got to the stand at kick off.  Iirc, there were two levels accessed by the same turnstiles.
    We were in the top level, it was massively over full as all the people in the bottom had been allowed to go up and not been checked. 
    So the aisles were all rammed full and we couldn't get anywhere near our seats to ask people to politely move.  I did ask people on the aisles to move but wasn't getting anywhere.
    We did obviously also try to get in the bottom bit instead and were stopped by the stewards as our tickets were not there!
    I will see if we can get there a bit earlier but planning on spending a few hours in the dockyards before doing history stuff.
    Whatever happens, we will have a great day out and looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I would have done at Ipswich but having been in their outside family bit we got to the stand at kick off.  Iirc, there were two levels accessed by the same turnstiles.
    We were in the top level, it was massively over full as all the people in the bottom had been allowed to go up and not been checked. 
    So the aisles were all rammed full and we couldn't get anywhere near our seats to ask people to politely move.  I did ask people on the aisles to move but wasn't getting anywhere.
    We did obviously also try to get in the bottom bit instead and were stopped by the stewards as our tickets were not there!
    I will see if we can get there a bit earlier but planning on spending a few hours in the dockyards before doing history stuff.
    Whatever happens, we will have a great day out and looking forward to it.
    weather looks ok for it so hope you have a good time down the docks and the football doesn't spoil it. 
  • Options

Ahead of the game on Saturday, we ask that you please arrive at Fratton Park as early as possible to collect your tickets to avoid queues as there are a large amount of collections occurring on the day.

The Ticket Office at Portsmouth is located in their main Ticket Office in the club shop and opens for collections at 12pm.

We offer the opportunity for supporters to collect their tickets from The Valley instead until 4pm tomorrow (Friday, November 10th), if you wish to avoid the matchday queues at Portsmouth. These must be collected during our usual Ticket Office weekday opening hours of 11am-5pm.

• Options
    I have a spare for tomorrow in the safe standing. Will take £20 can pass on at either the ground or the hood companion pub.
  • Options
    Mate - at Charlton away you don’t get anywhere near your so called seats ! 

Thanks for the heads up.
    I have been to plenty of away games in my time but they have generally been the less glamorous and hence not full games of Walsall, Yeovil, Lincoln, Chesterfield, Barnsley etc; plus before I had my boy along it never mattered so I couldn't remember.  
  • Options
    Where are people drinking tomorrow? Are there any other away pubs near the ground apart from the good companion? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Where are people drinking tomorrow? Are there any other away pubs near the ground apart from the good companion? 
    Was about to post the same thing. Ideally looking for a pub showing earlier KO and not too far walk from the station in either Fratton, Portsmouth or even Havant.
  • Options
    from footballgroundguide.com. Sounds like there are more options than previously:

Popular with away fans is the Good Companion pub, which is on the main A2030 about a five minute walk away from the ground. It is a large pub serving real ales and had a good mix of home and away support. I also noticed that it was doing a brisk business in food. Martin Hewitt recommends the Harvester, but advises away fans to avoid the Newcome Arms. On Milton Road close to the ground is the Brewers Arms which is popular with away fans. Close by is the Milton Arms, which at one time was for home fans only. However since a new landlord had taken over, it now welcomes visiting supporters. This pub also has the added advantages of showing the early televised kick off match on a huge screen and serving food (even having outdoor BBQs if the weather is good).

If you like your craft beers, then only a few minutes walk away from the visitor’s turnstiles is the Staggeringly Good Brewery. It has a taproom bar called the ‘House of Rapture.’ It also served wines, spirits and soft drinks and you are welcome to bring in your own food. It is located on Rodney Road, in Unit 3 of the St George’s Road Industrial Estate.

Derek Hall adds; ‘Found a cracking little pub, about a mile away from the ground, on Fawcett Road. It’s called (very appropriately) The Red, White and Blue. There are also a few other pubs – and plenty of takeaways (of all varieties) along this road. Friendly staff, friendly Pompey fans (chiefly, of the elder variety) and simple food fayre on offer. To reach the pub, you just head west from the ground, towards the Fratton Railway Station, along Goldsmith Avenue. Just past the station, you reach a roundabout – and Fawcett Road is immediately on your left’.

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Will probably head to the harbour as I think the GC will be packed. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    from footballgroundguide.com. Sounds like there are more options than previously:

Popular with away fans is the Good Companion pub, which is on the main A2030 about a five minute walk away from the ground. It is a large pub serving real ales and had a good mix of home and away support. I also noticed that it was doing a brisk business in food. Martin Hewitt recommends the Harvester, but advises away fans to avoid the Newcome Arms. On Milton Road close to the ground is the Brewers Arms which is popular with away fans. Close by is the Milton Arms, which at one time was for home fans only. However since a new landlord had taken over, it now welcomes visiting supporters. This pub also has the added advantages of showing the early televised kick off match on a huge screen and serving food (even having outdoor BBQs if the weather is good).

If you like your craft beers, then only a few minutes walk away from the visitor’s turnstiles is the Staggeringly Good Brewery. It has a taproom bar called the ‘House of Rapture.’ It also served wines, spirits and soft drinks and you are welcome to bring in your own food. It is located on Rodney Road, in Unit 3 of the St George’s Road Industrial Estate.

Derek Hall adds; ‘Found a cracking little pub, about a mile away from the ground, on Fawcett Road. It’s called (very appropriately) The Red, White and Blue. There are also a few other pubs – and plenty of takeaways (of all varieties) along this road. Friendly staff, friendly Pompey fans (chiefly, of the elder variety) and simple food fayre on offer. To reach the pub, you just head west from the ground, towards the Fratton Railway Station, along Goldsmith Avenue. Just past the station, you reach a roundabout – and Fawcett Road is immediately on your left’.

According to Google the red white and blue is permanently closed. Thanks though. 
  • Options
    I have a spare for tomorrow in the safe standing. Will take £20 can pass on at either the ground or the hood companion pub.
    Have messaged you
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Croydon said:

According to Google the red white and blue is permanently closed. Thanks though. 
    The Red white & Blue was the pub whose landlady challenged the 3pm blackout ruling for showing live games. I wonder whether that's what's led to the pub's demise

• Options
    We are going to the Ship Anson pub by Portsmouth Harbour station

As an aside, what are peoples views on wearing colours to Pompey away, I’m happy to, but my mate is very much in the not wearing any colours to this fixture ?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    We are going to the Ship Anson pub by Portsmouth Harbour station

As an aside, what are peoples views on wearing colours to Pompey away, I’m happy to, but my mate is very much in the not wearing any colours to this fixture ?
    If you wear them don't be surprised if you get verbal abuse.