Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    Vfrf said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QH5weu3VFY

Seems a handful to be honest. Stats aren't good but they don't always tell the picture as mentioned above with Yann.

Looks decent to me. Im sure Alfie could play off him really well.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Had to check that was the real O'Rourke when I saw that! 
    Same, especially due to the time, certainly the most active January I can recall with transfer gossip/links 

Definitely better names we're being linked with but we can only judge with who actually signs for us. Interesting couple of weeks ahead.
    Yeah, when he's signed on the dotted line I'll be happy, as so far it's been links and that's as far as it's gone.

Ladapo I am not 100% about as he may be just leaving his prime, but if we get him, he's commited and he can replicate his Rotherham form, it will be a real coup. Probably the best option after JCH from this league. I know he will be from the league above but all of his best football is here.

Still a long way to go, need a new centre back, the two new wingbacks and a creative mid, but I like the names we are being linked with. 
    In other words an entire new team. 
    Precisely mate haha, if we are switching to a wing back formation and dropping out and out wingers, we need to improve on the flanks.

I'd keep an eye on Nicky Cadden if Barnsley don't go up, I've also always rated Herbie Kane and he's free in the summer from there. Both would be brilliant signings.

We have more than enough midfielders but… if Dobbo ain’t signing there’s a place for him maybe?
    A lot of hype around Conteh from Grimsby fans. Meant to be a proper engine in the midfield and a good tackler. Only 21 as well. If Dobson was to leave, that's the type I'd hope we would be looking at.
  • Options
    How about Gareth McCleary in to replace CBT......bit surprised he has stayed at WW to be honest.
  • Options
    A few days ago Rich Cawley said Ladapo deal wasn’t happening, it was dead in the water, now it is supposedly, I won’t believe it until it’s official.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    A few days ago Rich Cawley said Ladapo deal wasn’t happening, it was dead in the water, now it is supposedly, I won’t believe it until it’s official.
    He also said that Coventry to Wednesday was still on, not doubting Rich but that proves that things can change quite quickly 
    There is that.. Plus he doesn't get much info from the club these days.. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Ikpeazu had a brilliant game against us, he is a powerhouse, if we got him and Ladapo along with May the last 4 months of the season could be very interesting... 
    In our quest to finish 10th?!

No. Actually winning some games.
  • Options
    Does anyone else switch off when someone starts a rumour with “I understand”.  Makes absolutely zero sense . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After fake sheikhs and dodgy bookcases, I tend to now er on the edge of cautiousness and wait to be convinced, it’s too easy to pull the wool over the fan base, maybe I should take up golf, a lot less stressful!

Lets see where all these rumours go over the weekend.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Charlton certainly haven't withdrawn the bid for JCH.. But all I know is, they have given the agent the last and best offer (take it or leave it) last week, and have gone after other targets now, and it is down to JCH to come back to Charlton now.. So the door is open.

If Peterborough freeze him out even more than they have already, that may force him to accept.. I believe that is the plan from Peterborough.
    When you fork out that much, you want some more motivation from the incoming party as to why they want to join. My gut feeling tells me this transfer would be best avoided.BUT not at the cost of getting an Omar Bogle surprise in last minute.
    I agree.. But I think we are getting someone better than JCH, and someone that actually wants to come! 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    After fake sheikhs and dodgy bookcases, I tend to now er on the edge of cautiousness and wait to be convinced, it’s too easy to pull the wool over the fan base, maybe I should take up golf, a lot less stressful!

I think it's pretty clear these owners are not messing around, and spending money behind the scenes and on the playing side..
    Dubai do you have any links to any of the new owners?

If do please can you tell them that our defence is still not up to scratch.
  • Options
    Ikpeazu offers something completely different to what we have and I wouldnt be against signing him, but would be a bit disappointed if he was our only signing up top. Reaks of someone who wasnt on our list and we had a look after he bossed our defence. If we get Ladapo and Ikpeazu id be impressed. Will give us options to change it up when needed
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Ikpeazu offers something completely different to what we have and I wouldnt be against signing him, but would be a bit disappointed if he was our only signing up top. Reaks of someone who wasnt on our list and we had a look after he bossed our defence. If we get Ladapo and Ikpeazu id be impressed. Will give us options to change it up when needed
    Not exactly a player to get people rushing for season ticket renewals in April, but does a job I guess.

Wouldn’t be too unhappy if we signed him, and got JCH in the summer on a free, but it would be a bit like asking for a PS5 for Christmas, and ending up with a pair of socks.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

I think it's pretty clear these owners are not messing around, and spending money behind the scenes and on the playing side..
    It’s not that clear .  CBT going will fund all of these transfers, i suspect.  I always hope the optimists are right but we’ve not seen much or these new signings and as of now we are very short of good defenders and forwards and are about to lose our second best attacking player and best outlet 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

It’s not that clear .  CBT going will fund all of these transfers, i suspect.  I always hope the optimists are right but we’ve not seen much or these new signings and as of now we are very short of good defenders and forwards and are about to lose our second best attacking player and best outlet 
    CBT doesn't want to stay, he wants to move closer home. He will be getting less salary than what is offer at Charlton! 

Time will tell.. today might be a busy one
  • Options
    So we could expect 4 in the next few days, Goalie from Swindon, Defender from Huddersfield and the two forwards?
  • Options
    He’s the type of player that will always attract those sorts of comments from fans who just want 11 players on the pitch who get them off their seat.

Ikpeazu doesn’t (usually) do that but he’s the sort of player that can be essential in getting as much as you can out of the players around him. And we need someone like that at the top end of the pitch desperately.
    I dread to think what would have been written about Carl Leaburn if internet message boards and twitter had existed in his day. In hindsight he is widely revered by Charlton fans now, but he was far from universally rated at the time he was playing and many could not look beyond his limited goalscoring record, especially in the earlier days of his career.
    Would always have been the first name on the teamsheet for me. He must have been horrible to play against.
  • Options
    Wasn’t a certain Andy Jones way back when,  the last striker we signed from Port Vale?

He flattered to deceive as I recall. 🙁
  • Options
    I have haven’t used ‘excited’ and Charlton together other than I’m excited for the season to be over in about 4 years! 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    How about Gareth McCleary in to replace CBT......bit surprised he has stayed at WW to be honest.
    Isn’t he about 37 now?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He's rubbish apparently but he's 6ft tall (just) from Peckham and he's not Hector.
    Warnock rated him.. And doesn’t sound like he will be a starter. More back up, but he is a good age, played a decent amount games in the championship and has been promoted from League One, so for me jury out until see him play for seventeen minutes in a charlton shirt 
    Fixed that for ya.