Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I thought Uche was an absolute handful at Vale Park and if that is the role which gives more space to Alfie and the midfielders to benefit from, all good with me. That said we would need goals from the central midfielders which have been rare thus far this season. 
    Most of us would be a handful against our defenders .  Truly appalling goal record for a striker with huge numbers of different clubs 
    I assume we are interested in the fella after playing against us.
    Before the game we'd probably not heard of him.
    Who are our scouts btw?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    If Ikpeazu was of interest to us why did we not sign him in October when he was free?
    Because Leaburn wasn’t injured 
    I know someone would say that but at the time Chuks was out injured too so surely if someone who is on your radar was available on a free you’d be nuts not to add them to your squad especially when, at the time, there was a chance you would lose Miles in January. It was a low cost low risk no brainer surely.
  • Options
    I would like a LWB in on loan maybe and id be satisfied (I’m not stating who should be starting, just highlighting the depth in positions, expect Thomas/Anderson to go and maybe Dobson)
  • Options
    Can’t imagine Ladapo is a permanent?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    To all those saying that the "big lump" upfront doesn't need to be a goalscorer as we have Alfie May, just consider a moment in the 90th minute, at 1
    1,  when the ball falls to him 6 yards out & blazes it over the bar. 

No thanks. Any striker HAS to know where the goal is. Otherwise you might as well just play Hector up front. 
    But Golfie, it's not a problem that he can't score goals - we'd be signing Uche Unpronounceable to defend set pieces in our own box from the 80th minute and Squeaky Bum Time.  :)

“Uche Unpronounceable“

Welcome back to the 70s/80s folks.   

Guessing you thought that was funny.     I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt this time.   

Good to see we have our quota of judgemental, humourless ....holes
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ikpeazu is to fill the Leaburn/Aneke gap. Ladapo is to fill the Tedic gap.

If we're going 352 then the CBT gap needs to be filled by a wingback
    Did Tedic leave a gap then??
    The gap between the two goal posts were left quite often 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I would like a LWB in on loan maybe and id be satisfied (I’m not stating who should be starting, just highlighting the depth in positions, expect Thomas/Anderson to go and maybe Dobson)
    That’s a nice graphic but on no habitable does Dobson start over Coventry.  
  • Options
    edited January 18
    wmcf123 said:
    I thought Uche was an absolute handful at Vale Park and if that is the role which gives more space to Alfie and the midfielders to benefit from, all good with me. That said we would need goals from the central midfielders which have been rare thus far this season. 
    Most of us would be a handful against our defenders .  Truly appalling goal record for a striker with huge numbers of different clubs 

Who are our scouts btw?
    Timmy & Johnny. They also got their "I've coached a team" badge, with our first 11. In between sessions they did car washing for 10 bob. Their next badge is  "I've been a physio", before finishing with "I've managed a 1st team", but they need to wsit until Appleton has finished his job. They shouldn't have long to wait. 
  • Options
    Crawley ruled out out a day ago. Let's see if Ipswich bring any forwards in. 
  • Options
    I don’t mind this Ikpeazutoo, a good battering ram with a turn of pace. If we didn’t have a goal scorer in Alfie then it wouldn’t be great but think Ikpeazu could be a decent facilitator 
    and there's the rub. 

what happens on Feb 3rd when Alfie tears his hamstring & is out for the rest of the season & CBT has left for Derby. That will be 65% of our goals scored this season gone. Good luck with Kanu and Ikpeazu getting enough to win you a game. And don't look to our midfield either - they're even worse !
  • Options
    edited January 18
    Cawley said at the start of the window that we were after two strikers, so Ikpeazu would be just one of them. We can't play two up front with just May, Kanu, Chuks + 1. That's essentially 3 and a half strikers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWADDICK said:

What is going on?
    Can only think Scotty has found a few quid down the back of his settee...
  • Options
    We could still play 3-4-1-2 with both Ikpeazu and Ladapo up top and May in the 10 playing off both of them. Would mean fairly route 1 style but could be effective.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Had to check that was the real O'Rourke when I saw that! 
    Same, especially due to the time, certainly the most active January I can recall with transfer gossip/links 
    Almost like we actually have a plan. 

• Options
    edited January 18
    Ikpeazu had a brilliant game against us, he is a powerhouse, if we got him and Ladapo along with May the last 4 months of the season could be very interesting... 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Had to check that was the real O'Rourke when I saw that! 
    Same, especially due to the time, certainly the most active January I can recall with transfer gossip/links 

Definitely better names we're being linked with but we can only judge with who actually signs for us. Interesting couple of weeks ahead.
    Yeah, when he's signed on the dotted line I'll be happy, as so far it's been links and that's as far as it's gone.

Ladapo I am not 100% about as he may be just leaving his prime, but if we get him, he's commited and he can replicate his Rotherham form, it will be a real coup. Probably the best option after JCH from this league. I know he will be from the league above but all of his best football is here.

Still a long way to go, need a new centre back, the two new wingbacks and a creative mid, but I like the names we are being linked with. 
  • Options
    And soapy hits the nail ! 

Scott to announce he's retiring from football & taking up hairdressing :)  
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    That’s a nice graphic but on no habitable does Dobson start over Coventry.  
    Agreed but like I said was just highlighting the depth