Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    https://x.com/amazlngnature/status/1747774572013732308?s=46&t=u3w5S2xaisK913P_biBWcQ
    I think we’ve found our new striker, part of a two pronged attack 
  • Options
    To all those saying that the "big lump" upfront doesn't need to be a goalscorer as we have Alfie May, just consider a moment in the 90th minute, at 1
    1,  when the ball falls to him 6 yards out & blazes it over the bar. 

No thanks. Any striker HAS to know where the goal is. Otherwise you might as well just play Hector up front. 
    Even Alfie May could blaze it over from 6-yards
  • Options
    1 goal in 11 games, 28 years old, Port Vale.  @oohaahmortimer will be salivating 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where I live we get BBC East Midlands today regional news. Its just been reported that Derby manager Paul Warne has said they may not have the finances for CBT after Charlton turned a bid down earlier for their Number 1 target!
    Make of that what you will? 🙅‍♂️
    Interesting. Presumably we will be seeing wingback CBT then if he does not move this window.

Which I don’t know how I feel about to be honest. 
  • Options
    Lewis Ward has left Swindon
    fans are unanimous that he was very badly treated by Swindon and was a top top bloke.  Interesting signing it seems
  • Options
    Where I live we get BBC East Midlands today regional news. Its just been reported that Derby manager Paul Warne has said they may not have the finances for CBT after Charlton turned a bid down earlier for their Number 1 target!
    Make of that what you will? 🙅‍♂️
    Interesting. Presumably we will be seeing wingback CBT then if he does not move this window.

Which I don’t know how I feel about to be honest. 
    Or striker/No 10 CBT depending on what formation Appleton goes with. I know he’s said 2 up top but we haven’t actually signed a no 9 yet
  • Options
    Might have to go against the grain here but if we did get this guy, I’m not sure it would be the best move.  

At that age, he’s not coming here with any sort of scoring pedigree with his best spell coming over 2 seasons at Cambridge who were league 2 at the time.  Nor is he young and billed with potential.  I understand we’re now short up top, he’d be used as a physical presence and January is tough and we’ve missed out on JCH and the Cheltenham lad, but this smacks of desperation.  

I’d rather Kanu be given a chance.  We can make comparisons with Josh Parker who I agree, wasn’t an elite signing, but he came into a team on the up, with Aribo, Cullen, Beilik and Taylor, and was given a 6 month deal.  

Everyone gets a chance to prove themselves, but this very much feels like the type of signings the new owners gave us in Jan last year and in the summer. 
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Bods64 said:
    https://x.com/amazlngnature/status/1747774572013732308?s=46&t=u3w5S2xaisK913P_biBWcQ
    I think we’ve found our new striker, part of a two pronged attack 
    Barry Venison?
    Job done, close the book on the puns now.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Might have to go against the grain here but if we did get this guy, I’m not sure it would be the best move.  

At that age, he’s not coming here with any sort of scoring pedigree with his best spell coming over 2 seasons at Cambridge who were league 2 at the time.  Nor is he young and billed with potential.  I understand we’re now short up top, he’d be used as a physical presence and January is tough and we’ve missed out on JCH and the Cheltenham lad, but this smacks of desperation.  

I’d rather Kanu be given a chance.  We can make comparisons with Josh Parker who I agree, wasn’t an elite signing, but he came into a team on the up, with Aribo, Cullen, Beilik and Taylor, and was given a 6 month deal.  

Everyone gets a chance to prove themselves, but this very much feels like the type of signings the new owners gave us in Jan last year and in the summer. 
    I don’t agree with this. I’m not saying he is quality, but he certainly fits a certain profile of player that we are looking for, and for me that puts us light years ahead of where we were in the last two windows.

Abankwah, Tedic, Chem Campbell what were they brought in for, what role within the team to play, how did the compliment our other players.

Least there seems to be a slight clarity of thought now. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    fans are unanimous that he was very badly treated by Swindon and was a top top bloke.  Interesting signing it seems
    Anything on this rumoured signing you mentioned earlier?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am really excited to find out who our 15th choice option is when this fella goes back to Wycombe over us. 
  • Options
    edited January 18
    MarcusH26 said:

Huddersfield have just announced a CB. Edmonds-Green on his way to us?

We are the Edmonds Green Preservation Society "

"We are the Edmonds Green Preservation society" ?

Thanks for the clue Henry:

It's either Big William, Camp Freddie or the Garbageman 🤔 
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I don’t agree with this. I’m not saying he is quality, but he certainly fits a certain profile of player that we are looking for, and for me that puts us light years ahead of where we were in the last two windows.

Abankwah, Tedic, Chem Campbell what were they brought in for, what role within the team to play, how did the compliment our other players.

Least there seems to be a slight clarity of thought now. 
    They’ll have to give him an 18 month contract minimum I would imagine.  I think it’s a gamble and I understand they want to bring players in and we’ve missed out on what looks like plan A and B, but it worth having a plan C if he’s literally cover for the rest of the season and we have to go again in the summer.  We’re in a unique situation re: losing Leaburn and only having May as a fit first team forward, but if this is really an option to provide cover/big lad up top as foil for May, can’t we find a free transfer for 6 months?

We’re signing this guy whose record is poor, and basically saying, you’re gonna be a part of our plans next season.  It’s not pushing us on in the same way none of the above were.  Feels very much like a body for the sake of it 
  • Options
    To all those saying that the "big lump" upfront doesn't need to be a goalscorer as we have Alfie May, just consider a moment in the 90th minute, at 1

No thanks. Any striker HAS to know where the goal is. Otherwise you might as well just play Hector up front. 
    But Golfie, it's not a problem that he can't score goals - we'd be signing Uche Unpronounceable to defend set pieces in our own box from the 80th minute and Squeaky Bum Time.  :)

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Anything on this rumoured signing you mentioned earlier?
    Sorry.  Not heard anything more.  
  • Options

Even Alfie May could blaze it over from 6-yards
    But not as often.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    You’d hope we’re one of the clubs sniffing around
    Knowing our luck we'll end up signing the singer.