Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    @Swisdom, I can't work out how Lewis Ward could be an interesting signing? 
    I find it odd that a bit-part player with so few appearances was so widely respected and seemingly loved by the fans.  He must have something about him 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Mental that the same fanbase that hammers its own defenders every week, gets so gassed up by someone who look good against the same defenders. 
    That's my issue
    1 goal in 11
    Against us

Their manager bigging him up when signing him in October is now happy to let him go in January despite them being in the same relegation trouble as us.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Mental that the same fanbase that hammers its own defenders every week, gets so gassed up by someone who look good against the same defenders. 
    This! 
  • Options
    If Ikpeazu was of interest to us why did we not sign him in October when he was free?
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    No Dobson and CBT to Derby would be a personal nightmare for me.

And can't be true.  Derby are much better run than us and on the verge of promotion and Dobson isn't good enough for us and CBT has no end product!
    Yeah. It’s not like when we lost Hales to Derby. 😉
  • Options
    robroy said:
    My only worry is, where do the goals come from if May gets injured? 
    With someone like Ikpeazu upfront alongside him, I’d back Kanu to be able to step up as a replacement for May. 

The problem for him so far is that we’ve thrust him up on his own when he’s totally not ready for that.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    Christ alive 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we sign both of them I’m slightly baffled 
  • Options
    Had to check that was the real O'Rourke when I saw that! 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    glad it wasn’t just me 
  • Options
    Ikpeazu certainly would not be a "statement" signing like Coventry was, or Clark-Harris would be (have been?)

On the other hand, the idea that we actually do have some sort of actual contingency plan in place is encouraging. Having identified (correctly) the need for a big guy up front we've not panicked and thrown stupid money at JCH, nor (hopefully) left it till 10:59pm deadline day to sign a loanee.

This is definitely not one I'd be convinced to put in the "Elite 8" category but at the very least its someone with experience at this level not a gamble on a L2/non-league kid on a purple streak...
  • Options
    If Ikpeazu was of interest to us why did we not sign him in October when he was free?
    Leaburn and Chuks were playing during October.

Looking at his stats he’s only recently started playing the full 90 minutes. Before that he was almost being used like Chuks, starting and coming off or being subbed on.

Hopefully he’s built up his fitness from that and can make an impact fairly quickly.

On his goal record the Championship was probably a step too far for him, but to even get there in the first place without being a natural goalscorer must mean other areas of his game impressed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 18
    From cold turkey to OD in five minutes 

WIOTOS 
    Good thing it’s Friday tomorrow, we always sign at least two players. https://youtu.be/mSYzwRKYBT0?si=yfIOdEZOuum1t2Ss
  • Options
    edited January 18
    PWADDICK said:

What is going on?
    Clever fuckers, baited us with Uche and went for the premium deal.

Certainly softens the blow about JCH.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Same, especially due to the time, certainly the most active January I can recall with transfer gossip/links 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    My only worry is, where do the goals come from if May gets injured? 
    The other end.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    The who point to this signing isn’t goals, it’s giving us a focal point up front to help Alfie and others, the idea that the only way to measure if a forward if good is goals, is just bumblings of utter simpletons 
    I would agree with this if he had any pedigree whatsoever.