Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    If we are seriously going for top 6 we need to invest in two good wingers who can create and are consistent and can defend 
    And I suppose you’d let CBT go for £100k as he doesn’t defend well enough?
    His attitude and performance on Wednesday be lucky to 10 qjust uid 
    I've been interested to read your posts when relating to CBT, and it strikes me you just don't like him. Yet, May aside, he scores good goals and has a good assist ratio.....not bad for a 10 quid player!
    As for wingers who defend....they are called 'wing backs' which CBT isn't!
    However please give me names of players at our level who are out and out wingers who are also good defenders!
    As an ex right winger myself I would readily admit I wasn't good at defending, but going forward was a different matter!
    Or right and left halves when you were playing! X
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Hopefully keep Dobson not so bothered about CBT overrated goes missing far to often. 
    Think Brewer Jones Dobson May is a great spine of the team to build around. 
    Brewer has been excellent since he came back in the team. 
    CBT has had two poor games but he’s been very good this season 
    My potential controversial opinion: CBT is more likely to be able to make the step up a level than Dobson is.
    I agree. And not necessarily because he is a "better" player but the qualities he has are his pace and directness which even in the Championship could be useful off the bench if nothing else.

Dobson is very good at what he does but very few top end Championship teams seem to play a purely defensive midfielder. The expectation is for someone who can not just win the ball bit carry it forwards and then make a pass or shot - which Dobson doesn't do much (though I think he's got it in him if the right coach spent time on it.)
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Hopefully keep Dobson not so bothered about CBT overrated goes missing far to often. 
    My potential controversial opinion: CBT is more likely to be able to make the step up a level than Dobson is.
    I agree. And not necessarily because he is a "better" player but the qualities he has are his pace and directness which even in the Championship could be useful off the bench if nothing else.

Dobson is very good at what he does but very few top end Championship teams seem to play a purely defensive midfielder. The expectation is for someone who can not just win the ball bit carry it forwards and then make a pass or shot - which Dobson doesn't do much (though I think he's got it in him if the right coach spent time on it.)
    Agree with both of you. I do think both could make the step up, but CBT in his current form coming on after 75 minutes and running at tired defenses is probably an enticing prospect for Championship sides. 
  • Options
    Teams lower half of the championship looking for an impact sub to change games late on will eye up CBT
  • Options
    Kin ell.... page 4 and no actual rumours...
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Aaah, that old comfort blanket of the transfer rumours thread, 99% of opinions and wish lists, 1% rumours, it never lets you down.
    Agree but hardly surprising as it's November.
  • Options
    Just had a dream that CBT went to Middlesbrough on January 1st.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    wmcf123 said:

After his goals against Crawley & Cray Valley he is starting to show that he has a shot in him.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I'd be looking for a commanding CB and probably another CM option if Camara goes back to Ipswich. Striker I'd have a look at because I've really not been impressed at all with Tedic. 

Winger would be low on my list unless Chem Campbell goes back to Wolves. 
  • Options
    We are 6 weeks away from the transfer window opening so too soon to be discussing transfer imo

Virtually no-one on here has any links with the club so hardly going to hear anything.

Any rumours thread is usually 95% posters just tossing names around that the would like us to sign....and of those only 10% are ever realistic. 

HTH

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Scoham said:
    If we are seriously going for top 6 we need to invest in two good wingers who can create and are consistent and can defend 
    And I suppose you’d let CBT go for £100k as he doesn’t defend well enough?
    His attitude and performance on Wednesday be lucky to 10 qjust uid 
    I've been interested to read your posts when relating to CBT, and it strikes me you just don't like him. Yet, May aside, he scores good goals and has a good assist ratio.....not bad for a 10 quid player!
    As for wingers who defend....they are called 'wing backs' which CBT isn't!
    However please give me names of players at our level who are out and out wingers who are also good defenders!
    As an ex right winger myself I would readily admit I wasn't good at defending, but going forward was a different matter!
    Or right and left halves when you were playing! X
    I started as an 'Inside right'! 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

I'd be looking for a commanding CB and probably another CM option if Camara goes back to Ipswich. Striker I'd have a look at because I've really not been impressed at all with Tedic. 

No because we dont really play with wingers as such and when chucks is back may and leaburn will fill them wide births as well 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    MarcusH26 said:

No because we dont really play with wingers as such and when chucks is back may and leaburn will fill them wide births as well 
    CBT and Campbell?
  • Options
    I’d like us to go get Tariqe Fosu back still without a club. 
    Bringing in Fosu as a replacement for Blackett-Taylor wouldn't entirely surprise me. Certainly the kind of thing the old regime would have done.
    If Fosu is still a free agent we first need to ask why? 

Even if all is well, and we could be interested in signing him, then he needs to be signed now to get his fitness ready - rather than signing an unfit player in January. 

But I shouldn't think we are interested - unless you know different? 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least we won’t spend a full month going over whether they should resign Lyle Taylor or not.
    But we will instead spend that month debating whether or not we should have, and then screeching when he scores for Wycombe. 'cOuLd hAvE DoNe A jOb FoR uS!'
  • Options
    We are 6 weeks away from the transfer window opening so too soon to be discussing transfer imo

Virtually no-one on here has any links with the club so hardly going to hear anything.

Any rumours thread is usually 95% posters just tossing names around that the would like us to sign....and of those only 10% are ever realistic. 

HTH

True Golfie, but being retired with time to spare I enjoy the reading (well mostly).
    The wish lists here are akin to young kids in a candy shop with £100 to spend.
    I agree with MarcusH26 above, our problem is in defence & has to be the priority, always bearing in mind our limited resources.

Number one - a commanding experienced CB, possibly a left back and god help us if AMBrewer gets injured.

Not sure when Taylor  will return or if we will keep Camara, so possibly one CM? 
    Tedic has not impressed me, possible to return him to Man City?…

Any incomings depend on others moving on, CBT (sadly) seems a  likely mover if you believe the press reports.
    Kirk… Anyone want Kirk?

• Options
    Kirk to Wrexham ?
  • Options
    Kirk to Wrexham ?
    Yes please :-)
  • Options
    Kirk to Wrexham ?

Depends whether Wrexham are signing players on ability or story arc potential.
  • Options
    Kirk to Wrexham ?
    Got a couple of mates from Wrexham and wouldn't like to inflict Kirk upon them. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Attacking wise, we're laughing. I don't think we need consistent wingers in this window, we have to solidify at the back and through the middle. 
    True. The problem here is that the ‘rumours’ are that we are about to destabilise our attacking strengths by selling CBT and Miles. There goes our most creative winger and 2nd best striker/target man. For a club with any ambition, that’s suicide given how hard it would be to replace them at the same standard.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Chunes said:

Attacking wise, we're laughing. I don't think we need consistent wingers in this window, we have to solidify at the back and through the middle. 
    True. The problem here is that the ‘rumours’ are that we are about to destabilise our attacking strengths by selling CBT and Miles. There goes our most creative winger and 2nd best striker/target man. For a club with any ambition, that’s suicide given how hard it would be to replace them at the same standard.
    Yes but the "rumours" are also circulating 2 months before the window even opens and don't even have a source.

In other words, most likely to be bullshit.