Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton Deducted 10 Points - reduced to 6 on appeal (p3)

For breaching PSR 

Comments

• Options
    Puts them joint bottom with Burnley
  • Options
    haha 
  • Options
    Wow. I can't remember any previous Premier League points deductions for financial reasons.
  • Options
    They'll still scrape over the line 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Not sure it’s funny for a fanbase who had nothing to do with it.
    I’m not familiar with the specific details but why weren’t Man City deducted points for their breaches of financial rules? 

• Options
    Wow. I can't remember any previous Premier League points deductions for financial reasons.
    Portsmouth?
  • Options
    Have City been found guilty yet? That seems to be dragging on forever
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They won't go down. Even with the deduction they're not bottom and will only be 2 points from safety.
  • Options
    Looking on the City forum - they think they are now royally fucked.
  • Options
    Fairly outrageous to be honest. I don't know if it will make it past an appeal as it's a pretty unprecedented deduction. It also sets a very dangerous precedent for the league; in reality the thing that did for Everton is the fact that they suddenly couldn't inject any capital to offset the losses because Moshiri was being funded by Usmanov and world events meant his money was no good anymore. Everton are now on the verge of a takeover by a new set of dodgy owners who are currently in an ongoing sanction battle about not being able to pay their staff. With the state of the world a fair few Premier League teams might be hoping their famously chilled governments don't do anything bonkers in the next few years that would result in more scrutiny on how they fund things. I think there's a lot of Premier League teams financing themselves in dodgy ways; a massive deduction isn't going to work as a deterrent but it can work to completely destroy clubs while their owners then wander off to pretend to care about something else when it stops being fun.
  • Options
    They won't go down. Even with the deduction they're not bottom and will only be 2 points from safety.
    I saw that, if it were last season they woukd be guaranteed relegation, this season Dyche had the playing reasonably well.
  • Options
    Apparently the case against City will take 2/4 years to complete. That announcement I believe came out in February.
  • Options
    Everton had 1 charge, Man City have over 100 against them. Not surprising it’s taking longer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fairly outrageous to be honest. I don't know if it will make it past an appeal as it's a pretty unprecedented deduction. It also sets a very dangerous precedent for the league; in reality the thing that did for Everton is the fact that they suddenly couldn't inject any capital to offset the losses because Moshiri was being funded by Usmanov and world events meant his money was no good anymore. Everton are now on the verge of a takeover by a new set of dodgy owners who are currently in an ongoing sanction battle about not being able to pay their staff. With the state of the world a fair few Premier League teams might be hoping their famously chilled governments don't do anything bonkers in the next few years that would result in more scrutiny on how they fund things. I think there's a lot of Premier League teams financing themselves in dodgy ways; a massive deduction isn't going to work as a deterrent but it can work to completely destroy clubs while their owners then wander off to pretend to care about something else when it stops being fun.
    Whilst I follow this argument shouldn’t the capital be invested before they spend it?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Everton had 1 charge, Man City have over 100 against them. Not surprising it’s taking longer. 
    Just long enough for today’s announcement to be forgotten and a fine issued to City and Chelsea, no doubt. 
  • Options
    The case against City is going to be a long and brutal fight to the death, the idea you wrap it up in 3 months is just not possible
  • Options
    The thing about City is, was their behaviour so egregious, that the Premier League strip them of titles as well as points
  • Options
    Don't many clubs exceed their limit?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    As others have mentioned City have 115 charges against them. They have denied everything and have the world's best lawyers tying the Premier League up in knots and stringing the case out as long as possible. 

Everton had 1 charge against them, that they had breached the profit and sustainability rules. You're allowed to lose a certain amount in a 3 year period (105m) and they were over it. So it doesn't seem like much of a case.

Also Everton were charged in March and it's taken until now, so you can imagine how long City's 115 charges are going to take.