Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton Deducted 10 Points - reduced to 6 on appeal (p3)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't have picked a better season for the points deductions considering how shite Burnley and Sheffield Utd are plus Luton aren't exactly great either. As well as Forest's issues too. 
  • Options
    How did Palace suddenly drop to within 5 points of the bottom 3?  New manager bounce!  They won't go down but that is a seriously pony season to be 5 points ahead of the bottom 3. Any normal season with Everton + Notts Forest not getting deductions and the bottom 3 not so completely woeful they would be in serious trouble.  Such a shame it is Sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton and not Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich/Southampton.
  • Options
    There needs to be clear and defined punishments for each rule break. Without that there will be appeals and contention every time a punishment is handed out.

Each rule break should come with a defined severity and relevant punishment.

E.g:

£1-2 million over spend on FFP = 1 pt deduction
    £2-4 million = 2 pts
    £5-10 = 4 pts

or whatever as long as it is clear, that way no team can argue and every team gets treated fairly.
    I think this would work really well and as you say there would be no case to answer for anyone. The current system is ridiculous, where it just feels like the league pluck numbers out of the air.

Everton 10 points but reduced to 6. Forest then get 4 (despite a larger breach). Everton get done again and this time only 2 points. Aside from the fact it seems very random, it's also in my opinion not much of a deterrent.
  • Options
    I think Man City should have the book thrown at them by the PL and given a £50 fine, that will show them they mean business!!