Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Parkinson traps Green LBW. Jennings has so far carried his bat for 61* (99)

121-6 (34.2)
  • Swanepoel gets the breakthrough with a C & B but, unfortunately, it's not Jennings

169-7 (41.3)
  • Williams caught by Finch off Parkinson

188-8 (45.4)
  • 22 required off 4 overs with Jennings still there on 97* (129)
  • 17 off 18 balls
  • Parkinson poleaxed by a ball smashed back at him by Jennings 

15 off 12 
  • Ton up for Jennings

10 off 10
  • Barnard run out with a direct hit from Stobo at the non-striker's end which means that the injured Sutton has to come in and fact the first ball of the final over with Lancs still needing 6 to win
  • Jennings carries his bat for 107* (140). When one takes into account that no other player from either side even made a 50 that is some effort
  • Sponsored links:

• Rather enjoyed that
  • edited July 28
    OMG !!!!!!

Anyone fancy Beckenham on Wednesday ? B)  
    I’ll be there with my Spitfires cap on. Come on Kent.
  • OMG !!!!!! 

As Victor would say " I don't beleeeeve it!"

My new mantra has to be " It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings" ....

Who needs the Hundred ? ( spit) 

A fantastic team effort to keep the faith & keep fighting against all the odds. 

Anyone fancy Beckenham on Wednesday ? B)  
    At least 6 of us are there in the main stand. Plenty of beer for anaesthetic.
  • Well that was unexpected. Fine knock from Jennings - makes you wonder what all the other batsmen were up to.
    Still, a win is a win.
  • 4-30 for Parky. Glad to see the law of the ex also benefits us too.
  • Just the one change to the 13 for tomorrow's game. Marcus O'Riordan (who I believe has been ill) returns in place of Jas Singh

• Have I missed something, what’s this interim coach stuff, has Walker gone?
  • He’s with the hundred I think 
  • Will be there tomorrow. At least the weather will be nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    He’s with the hundred I think 
    Maybe he should stay there;)
  • O'Riordan in for Garrett and will open with Ekansh dropping down the order:

•  MK O'Riordan
    •  B Swanepoel
    •  JDM Evison
    •  JA Leaning*
    •  HZ Finch†
    •  JK Denly
    •  E Singh
    •  CH Stobo
    •  G Stewart
    •  MW Parkinson
    •  NN Gilchrist
  • Hants won the toss and elected to bat. We must be the only team in the country that continues to have 11 bowlers in the side. 
  • Yes we want to give youngsters a game, but I still don't understand not playing Compton when we're already missing Crawley, Muyeye, DBD and Joe Denly.
  • Site says video has been removed & no access to the live stream !!!

Anyone ????
  • Got it now via Youtube ! 
  • edited July 31
    Yes we want to give youngsters a game, but I still don't understand not playing Compton when we're already missing Crawley, Muyeye, DBD and Joe Denly.
    I think it's because he's never going to be a T20 batsman and that is what they are trying to produce - he played 5 T20s for the 2s recently and his scores were 5 (6), 0 (1), 39 (36), 5 (7) & 15 (13) - that's 64 runs at an average of 12.80 and a SR of 101.59 against 2nd XI attacks. He simply does not have the range of shots required in a 10 over PP with only two men out to get us a flying start.

Equally, if he comes in and replaces Ekansh for example (it won't be O'Riordan because he offers us the spin option and can play 360) then Ekansh doesn't get that first team experience that might mean he will be good enough next season to play in the Blast. And the vicious circle starts all over again because this time next year the same question is being asked about Compton's omission.

There are also two possible other reasons. I believe Compton is out of contract at the end of the season. Now I would be surprised if we were to let him go but perhaps he is already talking to other counties which players are allowed to do. No announcement would be made right now (as in the case of Cox and Robinson) because that isn't the way Kent do things. But why has there been no announcement of a contract extension? That is pure speculation but it would further explain his non-selection.

The other thing is that Joe Denly was/is expected to be fit hence the announcement that Ekansh would play the first couple of games. As this is a knee injury and he might not be able to bowl even if he playing, then O'Riordan would still retain his place because leaving him out would mean having just Parkinson, the inexperienced Jaydn and Leaning to bowl spin. Bringing Compton in for say one game because Denly is fit would deny Ekansh of the experience for the sake of one game for Compton. 

It's also clear that the management no longer have full faith in Qadri. He's played one first team game this season in all competitions - an excellent 43 off 30 with the bat but figures of 5-0-33-0 with the ball. Last season he took 15 wickets at 38.40 in the CC, didn't play a single game in the Blast but did OK with 14 wickets at 24.92 an an ER of 5.21 in the Metro. He's another with a contract that finishes this year. 

• Great start by Swanpoel with two wickets

23-2 (7.2)
  • 23-3. Can we play you every week  ;)
  • Make that 23-3 and all of them to Swanepoel