Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• When does the season finish? Is this the last game we have to endure?
  • Pitiful performance against a side without a win all season.

It's as if Charlton being good has to be offset by Kent being dreadful.
  • When does the season finish? Is this the last game we have to endure?
    Three Championship games to play in Sept. Two at Canterbury and the last one away at Durham, finishing on 29th (if it goes to 4 days)!
  • Those running the club for the last 10-15 years must take full responsibility for the decline of our once great county cricket club. 
  • The wheels have really come off this season, dismal in every competition when we've managed to survive in Div 1 for a few years, and win the Blast 3 years ago, and 50 over cup 2 years ago .

The loss of our best youngsters, Cox and Robinson.
    Stevo retiring.
    Age catching up with Joe Denly
    A conveyor belt of average overseas players.
    Compton not getting the big runs he got when he first joined.
    No decent bowlers coming through, and other kids playing too soon
    A ludicrous injury list
  • Muyeye and Stewart are now amongst the injured...
  • 17 year old Ben Dawkins has been called up by England U19s for their Tri-Series against Ireland and Scotland
  • 17 year old Ben Dawkins has been called up by England U19s for their Tri-Series against Ireland and Scotland
    That's quite funny as he wasn't allowed to play for Tunbridge Wells on Saturday as he'd apparently flunked his exams....
  • Sponsored links:

• No surprise really but Matt Walker is stepping down
  • All gone horribly wrong this season.
  • Yesterday Kent were advertising for a Head of Women's cricket. They can add the Men's to that now! 
  • Should have been done last season, recruitment has been shocking too, Get Simon cook gone too
  • All through the time is right for Matt to go . He did have success as well. So thanks for that . Maybe Simon Cook should have a look at what he has done too 
  • Northants have parted company with their head coach, John Sadler, too. 
  • No surprise really but Matt Walker is stepping down

• Northants have parted company with their head coach, John Sadler, too. 

Doesn't surprise me, Wonder if Lancs will part company with Benkenstein too 
  • There is probably only pride to play for in the game against Hants starting tomorrow but the team news is this - Joe Denly is back but Akeem Jordan, Grant Stewart, Matt Quinn and Natahan Gilchrist are all out. This is 13-man squad:

• Sponsored links:

• Has Qadri been in many CC squads this season? A sign that the pitch will turn.
  • Has Qadri been in many CC squads this season? A sign that the pitch will turn.
    I might be wrong but I'm not sure that he will play anyway because I can't see us going in with just Stobo, Garrett and Evison as our total seam attack. Even without Qadri and Jaydn, we will have Parkinson, Leaning and the returning Joe to bowl spin anyway. He hasn't played a single red ball game since July last year, wasn't selected in the Blast either and had just three outings in the Metro without picking up a single wicket in any form of the game this season. With his contract up at the end of the season, it has to be on the cards that he won't be with us next year. 
  • Kent U18s today won the National T20 Final against Leicestershire. We sent a strong side including Jaydn Denly, Ekansh Singh and Ben Dawkins and having set a score of 166-8, the boys succeeded in bowling out their opposition for 135 to win by 31 runs.  
    Woohoo ! 

Well done , young guns ! 
  • Match delayed due to rain. Early lunch being taken at 12.00
  • Leicestershire are currently 58/8 against Yorkshire in a match they're charging for the stream to watch 😬
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Leicestershire are currently 58/8 against Yorkshire in a match they're charging for the stream to watch 😬
    Quite the recovery from 15-7

now 59-9
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Leicestershire are currently 58/8 against Yorkshire in a match they're charging for the stream to watch 😬
    67-9 now. It might have been a lot worse given they were at one point 15-7
  • edited September 9
    Has Qadri been in many CC squads this season? A sign that the pitch will turn.
    I might be wrong but I'm not sure that he will play anyway because I can't see us going in with just Stobo, Garrett and Evison as our total seam attack. Even without Qadri and Jaydn, we will have Parkinson, Leaning and the returning Joe to bowl spin anyway. He hasn't played a single red ball game since July last year, wasn't selected in the Blast either and had just three outings in the Metro without picking up a single wicket in any form of the game this season. With his contract up at the end of the season, it has to be on the cards that he won't be with us next year. 
    Kent won the toss and elected to bowl. Qadri and Jaydn left out

• TS Muyeye
    •  BG Compton
    •  DJ Bell-Drummond*
    •  JA Leaning
    •  JL Denly
    •  JDM Evison
    •  HZ Finch†
    •  CH Stobo
    •  MW Parkinson
    •  GA Garrett
    •  J Singh