Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• edited August 27
    A few Kent youngsters (italics) playing for the 2nd XI along with quite a number of triallists (bold) too in a 4 day game against Hampshire:

BJ Dawkins, E Singh, WJ La Fontaine-Jackson, MK O'Riordan, SP Van der Merwe, BJ Burgess, Hamidullah Qadri*, OH Morgan†, Arafat Bhuiyan, JWD Seward, JL Everett, AR Sylvester

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/?tab=m_scorecard&fbclid=IwY2xjawE6klNleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHXhvIRQAnlNjw6F6gyndYK-qKuhv3HNmCDW6nb5MfRp9uLggBtO6ogd8TQ_aem_QAgrEiKxBIzgMWbNqDcGmQ#mc1eded5b-537a-4ba2-9cc3-e5c1920c5cea
  • Saw my first KCCC game 65 years ago at the Blackheath Rectory Field. The current squad is the weakest I have ever seen, with little or no prospect of any improvement on the horizon. .
  • Saw my first KCCC game 65 years ago at the Blackheath Rectory Field. The current squad is the weakest I have ever seen, with little or no prospect of any improvement on the horizon. 
    Hard to disagree. However I do remember Kent finishing 16th out of 17 back in the days the County Championship was one league (and pre Durham). Would have been mid late eighties or very early nineties.

This current lot have 8 teams at least worse than them in theory although, that said, I'm not convinced we would beat many if any of the division 2 sides.
  • edited August 27
    Leuth said:
    I've watched Kent for 20 minutes. They're finishing bottom
    First morning of the second game of the season after the first game was drawn, ftr
  • Saw my first KCCC game 65 years ago at the Blackheath Rectory Field. The current squad is the weakest I have ever seen, with little or no prospect of any improvement on the horizon. 
    Same for me, plus I worked in one of the cold drinks areas after school. Lived near Rectory Field
  • I lived in Westcombe Hill, and went to Invicta Primary School and Sherrington Juniors. Happy Days when life seemed so much simpler, and the sun always shined. 
  • Squad for today's game away to Warwickshire. Stobo back and Jaydn Denly returns to the 13 too with O'Riordan left out for him. Joe Denly (knee), Crawley (finger/England), Klaassen (back), Quinn (back), Cohen (back) plus now Gilchrist (illness) and Jordan (side strain) are all out. One assumes that two from the three of Jaydn, Jas and Garrett will be ommited.  

May be an image of 1 person playing football and text 
  • nailed on 3 points for the away team 
  • Jordan injured already, that didn't take long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jordan injured already, that didn't take long.
    I thought that he might have been plucked from playing cricket here (he has played in the Sussex League before) but, according to Cricket Archive, he hasn't played a game of any description since April. So bowling 32.1 overs in a competitive environment on the back of that must have been a risk in itself. It does make one wonder what sort of pool we are fishing in for players!
  • edited August 29
    I missed the big transfer news earlier in the summer.

Kent County Cricket Club are delighted to announce the signing of the Charlton Athletic Injury Curse from Charlton Athletic Football Club. Head Coach Matt Walker explained "We've produced a number of excellent home grown injuries over the years, but this can take us to another level. And this is one signing that won't be poached by Surrey!" 

"He's been a real stalwart for us" said Charlton manager Nathan Jones, "But the time is right for him to move on now."
  • And so it begins again.

4-1 Muyeye gone.
  • .....here we go again.
  • 41-2 

DBD out

It's a bit of a challenge following England, Kent, Kent 2nd XI and Kent U18s with them all playing at the same time!
  • Leaning gone too

44-3
  • Gilchrist was meant to be ill but has suddenly appeared on the 3rd day of the 2s game and taken a wicket too!
  • 41-2 

DBD out

It's a bit of a challenge following England, Kent, Kent 2nd XI and Kent U18s with them all playing at the same time!
    It's even more of a challenge when all four sides are struggling to varying degrees!!!
  • More humiliation on the cards, absolutely F ing useless!
  • 90-3 off 20 overs 

Someone's taken over Compton's body because he is currently 37* off 50 balls. Evison is on 23* (33)
  • Sponsored links:

• Finch is absolute toilet, average at best 
  • 122-7 at lunch. Embarrassing by even our standards. Compton, who might well be leaving us, holding firm on 48* (72). Trouble is that he has Parkinson at the other end with just Ogborne and Garrett to come. 
  • Worcs were 10-4 and are having a better time than that!
  • Leuth said:
    Worcs were 10-4 and are having a better time than that!
    Let's see how many wickets you're down if and when you get to 122. At least one Kent supporter will be very pleased - Jamie Porter with 4-30

• There is potentially one or two very good 16 year olds coming through - both play for Bromley and have appeared in their first team. One is Agastya Tripathi who just failed to hit a ton for Kent U18s this week (97 & 29) and the other is Oliver Butterfill (43 and 64*), a genuine spinning all rounder. It's far too early to say how they might progress but the signs are definitely there. 
  • edited August 29
    Leuth said:
    Worcs were 10-4 and are having a better time than that!
    Let's see how many wickets you're down if and when you get to 122. At least one Kent supporter will be very pleased - Jamie Porter with 4-30

Worcs 119-6......and 5-39 for Porter
  • Meanwhile Parkinson is out

130-8
  • Sussex flying at Hove , 95 ball ton for Daniel Hughes. 
  • 122-6 at Chelmsford. That's 6, not 7
  • Sorry for anyone who have made arrangements to be at the game on the last day. 😠