Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Would have been interesting, if that was given, would he have reviewed that? I guess prob not, as it just looked out didn't it?
  • Options
    Root looks much more settled, rather than the frantic batting we've seen in previous Tests.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Would have been interesting, if that was given, would he have reviewed that? I guess prob not, as it just looked out didn't it?
    I think when you're on 130 with 3 reviews left you're using one for any and all LBWs
  • Options
    It's 100% a 4am wake up tomorrow morning
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I think when you're on 130 with 3 reviews left you're using one for any and all LBWs
    Would like to think so.. 
  • Options
    From not sniffing 400 to potentially looking to bat India out of the game… I know I’ve invited the collapse now…

What do we think a good first innings score would be?
  • Options
    PWR

Wondering if Anderson’s time has run out and should he retire like Broad?

Obviously conditions are either helpful or not to his type of bowling but he doesn’t seem to be as effective as he was?
  • Options
    From not sniffing 400 to potentially looking to bat India out of the game… I know I’ve invited the collapse now…

Got a horrible feeling it will start to deteriorate quite quickly after tomorrow. Think we need 500 minimum to have a chance of surviving the onslaught in the 4th innings  
  • Options
    PWR

Wondering if Anderson’s time has run out and should he retire like Broad?

Obviously conditions are either helpful or not to his type of bowling but he doesn’t seem to be as effective as he was?
    He was absolutely brilliant in the 2nd test.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got a horrible feeling it will start to deteriorate quite quickly after tomorrow. Think we need 500 minimum to have a chance of surviving the onslaught in the 4th innings  
    I expect it to be good for batting throughout. The spinners will be more in contention in the 4th innings, but I can't see it suddenly turning into a complete bunsen.
  • Options
    Duckett could have had a long test career from way back .. supposedly he fell from grace by pouring a drink over a senior pro's (Anderson??) head and was non grata for a long time .. he's now making up for lost time
  • Options
    Ashwin pulls out of third Test. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Ashwin pulls out of third Test. 

Means they miss his bowling & only have 10 batsman. We really need to take advantage & get a 1st innings lead.
  • Options
    Terrible for him, after the joy of getting 500 wickets.

Massive bonus for England though. 207-2 with no Ashwin, and Bumrah looking quite creaky.
  • Options

Anything over 399 is not to be sniffed at 
  • Options
    7/2 on the draw is great value
  • Options
    Oh Joe Root.........
  • Options
    Oh Jonny Bairstow........
  • Options
    Got up 10 mns ago.

The collapse is on. 

Think I'll go back to bed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 17
    Two wickets lost in quick succession, including Bairstow for a duck after the worst review in the history of Test cricket.

225-4 and still 220 behind. Sigh.
  • Options
    Duckett gets to 150

239-4
  • Options
    At least we avoided the follow on. 
  • Options
    Oh Ben Duckett.......

Third soft dismissal of the morning.

260-5 and still 180+ behind.
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Stokes and Foakes navigate the tricky Kuldeep spell to get to lunch.

290-5, 61 overs, trail by 155.

Stokes 39 (73)
    Foakes 6 (28)

83-3 from 26 overs in the session.
  • Options
    Less than ideal morning. News to get within 50 of their first innings score I think 
  • Options
    Two wickets in two balls. Stokes holes out and then Foakes gets one that stops in the wicket. That might be it for us. 

299-7
  • Options
    Absolute shocker of a day so far 
  • Options
    Well how did I know I’d wake up to this shite.
  • Options
    India playing with 10 men still beating us. Something that will be repeated at 3pm this afternoon