Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Bare bare minimum should be 350, ideally try to get to 400. 
  • Options
    Callumcafc said:
    Two wickets lost in quick succession, including Bairstow for a duck after the worst review in the history of Test cricket.

225-4 and still 220 behind. Sigh.
    Following his poor showing in the World Cup, I said after the First Test that Bairstow should get two more games to prove himself. Well, to my mind, he has one more innings. He's not alone in failing in this Series but he is the one that is vulnerable if Brook is available should he not get runs in the second innings.

We can't have a situation where three batsmen, namely Root (70 @ 14.00), Bairstow (98 @ 19.60) and Foakes (93 @ 18.60) continually getting out without contributing in a meaningful way because, effectively, we have a one man middle order of Stokes. Foakes is worth his place alone with the gloves, you drop Root at your peril and he is our third spinner anyway so that just leaves Bairstow. It is also obvious that he struggles with his movement following his very serious golfing accident so Brook will bring added value in the field too.  
  • Options
    Rehan is yorked by Siraj

314-8

• Options
    Then Hartley decides to charge Jadeja and carries on walking back to the pavilion

314-9
  • Options
    all too often, another mid order collapse unfortunately
  • Options
    Thats done it.I'm off back to bed.

Even worse than at 4am. 

• Options
    Anderson cleaned up by Siraj

319 all out. India, effectively, 126-0 in their second innings
  • Options
    Not just mid order.....total collapse.

224 for 2 to 319 all out. 
  • Options
    Oh there’s a surprise 🙄

didn’t even sniff it 

predictably guff
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Not just mid order.....total collapse.

224 for 2 to 319 all out. 
    All our five innings in this Series have been dominated by the odd one man isolated efforts in each - Pope's 196, Duckett's 153, Crawley's 76 & 73 and Stokes' 70. Not a single other 50.    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't recall another situation where many internationals go back to playing for their club four days after doing so for their country, least of all a fast bowler. Four days ago Spencer Johnson was turning out for Australia against the West Indies. Today he took 3-19 off 10.5 for Glenelg in a side also containing Sean Hunt (Sussex), Patrick Brown (England &  Derbyshire), Jordan Buckingham (South Australia & Northants) and Kelvin Smith (South Australia).  
  • Options
    Wicket to Root - he has Rohit LBW for 19 (29) post review

30-1
  • Options

30-1
    Root is becoming more useful as a bowler than he is as a batsman on this tour. 
    Out again earlier playing a reverse sweep.
    Just bat properly Joe. 
  • Options
    I can't recall another situation where many internationals go back to playing for their club four days after doing so for their country, least of all a fast bowler. Four days ago Spencer Johnson was turning out for Australia against the West Indies. Today he took 3-19 off 10.5 for Glenelg in a side also containing Sean Hunt (Sussex), Patrick Brown (England &  Derbyshire), Jordan Buckingham (South Australia & Northants) and Kelvin Smith (South Australia).  

Haven't seen Pat Browns name mentioned for while! Another one that I'm not quite sure what happened with him with injuries or whether people just wised up to his variations. 
  • Options

30-1
    Root is becoming more useful as a bowler than he is as a batsman on this tour. 
    Out again earlier playing a reverse sweep.
    Just bat properly Joe. 
    Root is batting like a  No 8 bowler who comes in and slogs a few
  • Options
    44-1 at tea. India lead by 170.
  • Options
    If one had said prior to the Series that the difference between the bowling attacks of the two sides would be India's seamers then I'm not sure too many would have believed that to be the case - 

England:
    Seamers 10 wickets @ 32.70
    Spinners 38 wickets @ 37.13

India:
    Seamers 20 wickets @ 17.40
    Spinners 29 wickets @ 38.55
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Haven't seen Pat Browns name mentioned for while! Another one that I'm not quite sure what happened with him with injuries or whether people just wised up to his variations. 
    He's moved from Worcestershire to Derbyshire on the back of a promise that he will be given opportunities to play in the CC. 
  • Options
    Bairstow's purple patch ended at the golf course.
  • Options
    Is Brook available next test?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I indicated above, I thought that he was but haven't seen him in and around the players and Lawrence has been the sub fielder. If he isn't then Lawrence would have to come in. 
  • Options
    Jaiswal launching it - after 48 balls without a boundary he's scored 26 off 7 balls
  • Options
    That stat just mentioned is pretty ridiculous - Root has bowled 89 overs in the Series and scored just 70 runs. 
  • Options
    The Momentum swing after Joe Root was out gave India the smell of blood that they haven't relinquished and are now devouring the wounded animal.
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Ten men, they've only got ten men.
    The depth in this Indian squad is amazing with so many top players missing.

Feel sorry for Duckett who after losing Root and Bairstow quickly was definitely affected plus credit to their bowlers who stepped up to the plate today after the 500 wicket taker was missing after a domestic issue.
  • Options
    What could have been a real 8-9/10 day has turned into a 3 at best.
  • Options
    Jaiswal reaches his second ton of the Series

158-1 and a lead of 284
  • Options
    It's 100% a 4am wake up tomorrow morning
    From not sniffing 400 to potentially looking to bat India out of the game… I know I’ve invited the collapse now…

What do we think a good first innings score would be?
    Got a horrible feeling it will start to deteriorate quite quickly after tomorrow. Think we need 500 minimum to have a chance of surviving the onslaught in the 4th innings  
    I expect it to be good for batting throughout. The spinners will be more in contention in the 4th innings, but I can't see it suddenly turning into a complete bunsen.
    The Indian batsmen showing it's still a decent pitch. Clearly easier though against tired bowlers, I imagine Jimmy and Wood will be grumpy about having to bowl again today, after their exertions in the first innings.
  • Options
    Jaiswal retires hurt (back spasms) on 104 (133)

185-1 
  • Options
    If we can get a few more Indian players to retire hurt, we might stand a chance!