Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited February 23
    Is the pitch getting easier - or better application by the batters ?

Both.
    Akash Deep had a great 7 overs where the ball was flying off the seam where in his spell after lunch he just didn't get the same help from the pitch.

Then Root and Fokes just played sensible except once when Root nearly went LBW when going for a sweep but just got a bit of bat on the delivery 
  • Options
    England are well in this game for the simple reason that they've won the toss and batted, which is a far bigger guarantor of success than any other in India
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I sometimes wonder what the incentive is for counties to produce players, seeing that you won't get a transfer fee if they get poached by another county, and if they're good at T20, they'll probably spend most of the year playing in the franchise leagues. And if they play for England, you'll hardly see them!

Much easier to pick up journeymen from other counties, or from overseas (with a UK passport).
    I’ve had a similar argument on the Sussex members forum. Chris Jordan disappeared once he became an England/T20 player. Ollie Robinson made two CC appearances last year. Personally, I think Sussex would be stronger with promising youngsters plus a few journeymen playing week in week out. Others disagree.
    I don't know if this would be financially possible for the ECB, but how about however much a player gets from a central contract, they also pay the county say 50% of that amount contract as well, which enables them to get in similar replacements from overseas or at least fund a larger academy/2nd XI
    This is a really good idea, but I think it needs one very important amendment. 
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Disciplined 100 partnership by Root and Fokes after being 112/5.

Six to bring up the 100+ !!!
  • Options
    225/6 after Fokes caught for 47 off 126 balls. 
    Good knock but disappointing way to get out
  • Options
    Inside edge saves Hartley the ball after he hits a giant 6.
  • Options
    245/7
    Hartley b Siraj 13

If Joe wants a 100 then he will have to go for it as we are on to the tail.
  • Options
    Has Robinson got himself in shape or had a few bad doses of the trots 
    looks like he’s lost a bit of timber 
  • Options
    You can shout as much as you like Jadeja (although that's no way to appeal) but it's not out and you have no reviews left!
  • Options
    You can shout as much as you like Jadeja (although that's no way to appeal) but it's not out and you have no reviews left!
    Was plumb lbw too  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 23
    Important Century by Joe Root for the team.
    4 hours + of concentration now 279/7 after being 112/5 back in the morning session.
  • Options
    Ton up for Root. We've seen the proper Root today who ditched the funky and risky shots to do what he does best. 
  • Options
    The look on their faces when they realised they had no reviews for it was hilarious. You did it to yourselves fellas.
  • Options
    Poor from India burning all their reviews. KL was excellent behind the stumps with DRS. Jurel is pretty poor in his decision making for a review.
  • Options
    50 partnership and Root and Robinson Share the runs.
  • Options
    If only Root had played this way in the last 2 Tests.
  • Options
    300 up.

Didnt think I'd be saying that when I woke up at 7am to see we were 112/5. 
  • Options
    edited February 23
    300 up from 112-5
  • Options
    302/7 at stumps.
  • Options
    302-7 at stumps. 2-1 in sessions to us.

Root 102* (226)
    Robinson 31* (60)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The look on their faces when they realised they had no reviews for it was hilarious. You did it to yourselves fellas.
    Made a big difference too, with just Bashir and Anderson to come we could have been all out for 280
  • Options
    Big pat on the back to Root, Foakes, Hartley and Robinson. 190-2 since that fifth wicket.

Have to wait to see India bat on it but it definitely appeared the hardest pitch to bat on in my opinion.
  • Options
    Big pat on the back to Root, Foakes, Hartley and Robinson. 190-2 since that fifth wicket.

Have to wait to see India bat on it but it definitely appeared the hardest pitch to bat on in my opinion.
    I only watched the final session and it absolutely wasn't the hardest pitch, that'd be the first Test still
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I only watched the final session and it absolutely wasn't the hardest pitch, that'd be the first Test still

The first and final session was almost polar opposite in terms of the pitch.
  • Options
    By all accounts he has been working really hard on losing weight and building up his fitness. The proof will be when he gets to bowl and the number of overs he is capable of bowling.  
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Leuth said:

To be honest I only watched the first session and the last 30 minutes and it looked proper nasty to bat on.
  • Options
    Good comeback from England and hopefully the low bounce demons in that wicket can rumble India tomorrow 
  • Options
    If we can somehow add another 50 tomorrow morning then we’d be in the box seat I think 
  • Options
    Or the new missus is keeping him busy!!