Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    new Charlton coach with first team squad

I'm sure that's @TCE standing up leaning on the vehicle! The new coach is at the front! 🤣🤣
  • Options
    imo the best we can do is Bowyer. He will get so much more out of these players. 
    Unfortunately his still in a job. So for me it’s probably between Jason Pearce and Jason Euell. No more journeymen managers who don’t know our club and get paid off within 6 months. 
  • Options
    Not going to name names as I don't want to give away my source and I don't want them Methven me up but this guy has been going through the motions with the media team:

Looks like someone out of the Expendables!
  • Options
    edited January 23
    imo the best we can do is Bowyer. He will get so much more out of these players. 
    Unfortunately his still in a job. So for me it’s probably between Jason Pearce and Jason Euell. No more journeymen managers who don’t know our club and get paid off within 6 months. 
    If the offer was good enough would Bowyer not just give the job up and join?
    Heart says we need a Charlton manager who knows success, so Bowyer or SCP, it feels like we need someone who understands the fans and can build a relationship while winning some bloody games. Question is do they fancy working under this regime?

Head says we will get another journeyman.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It won't make any difference. This club has been broken for a long time and swapping the face on the front is irrelevant. 
  • Options
     This club needs a defibrillator. It's bloody flat lining.
    Players self confidence is shot to pieces.
    I'd go Powelly all day long
  • Options
    Head says Duff but heart says we need a Charlton connection. Not sure if anyone would take it though
  • Options
    Feels like a huge appointment to get right, club can’t afford to keep going round these cycles. I’d feel more optimistic about some European coach I’ve never heard of then most then usual names already put forward 
  • Options
    Redwing.
    National Express 
    Dave Coaches

• Options
    To me Duff is a no brainer.

Known to be able to sort out a team defensively, has a promotion on his record, narrowly lost out in the play offs last year and although it didn’t work out at Swansea he has an exceptional record.

He’s someone who you know will be able to hit the ground running. And that’s what we need right now. 

No no no. In any normal situation that’s a decent option but this isn’t a normal situation.

Club is broken and we need to get back what being Charlton Athletic is all about. 

We need to get the magic that makes our club special back or we will go down.

This is a decision that could impact whether we are even around in 12 months time.

We need an appointment that will genuinely get the Valley rocking for the Derby game.

Duff et al won’t do that. 
     If I could like this a hundred times I would.
    We are on the same page Damo. 
  • Options
    No more journeyman or inexperienced managers please. We need a Neil Warnock type manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best man for the job, not some short term emotional fix that will end in tears in September.

if Duff would take it, then he’s ideal 
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Has to be a Charlton connection. SCP but he would have to be given full support and to choose his own management team. He is too wise to take a shit job, so if he is offered and says no again then we know where the problem is

• Options
    The club really needs someone to come in who everyone can rally around and get behind. Far too long we've just had player after player, coach after coach, owner after owner who are just here for their next paycheck.

For that reason it needs to be someone who knows the club 
  • Options
    Give it Powelly till the end of the season and reassess 
  • Options
    Duff for me. Worried if Sir Crissy returns it could tarnish his reputation if it doesn't work out.
  • Options
    Chris Powell is exactly what we need. Someone who knows exactly what is expected to be a Charlton player. Sadly, I can't imagine he would be remotely interested in this shit show. Should be top of the list.

Would love to see Curbs back but I think it's sentimental at this stage and would be a big gamble given how long he has been out of management.

Bowyer lost the plot last time round. Not convinced.

Rowett is a reasonable shout although he might not fancy the drop to L1 relegation fodder.
  • Options
    Duff for me. Worried if Sir Crissy returns it could tarnish his reputation if it doesn't work out.
     So you'd rather the club go to the wall and Duff labelled another shit show.
    Read the room mate. We are on our arse!!

This is code red.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Best man for the job, not some short term emotional fix that will end in tears in September.

if Duff would take it, then he’s ideal 
    If ending in tears in September (and not May) suggests we have stayed up I will take that. 

We need a short term fix because we are dying a slow and painful death.