Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Preview: Blackpool vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 27th January 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

124»

Comments

• Options
    Park the bus and pray.
  • Options
    but for the shenanigans of last week we would be heading north with a 3 or 4 nought thrashing almost a certainty.  Now we have dumped the manager, I have longer lasting stuff in my fridge than recent Charlton “managers”, I think we can rise to the occasion and lose 3 or 4 - 1.  We are in deep shit imo and have entered the dreaded “too good to go down” phase.  I hope I am so wrong it hurts.
  • Options
    Looks as though Coventry isn’t in the squad.

AMB, Isted

Asiimwe, Watson, Jones, Ness, Thomas, REG, Gillesphey

Dobson, Bakinson, Watson, Fiorini, Anderson

May, Ladapo, Kanu, TC
  • Options
    Louis Mendez confirmed Coventry has concussion.
  • Options
    Is Appleton still picking the team?
  • Options
    Reads like a back 3 still
    Maynard-Brewer 
    Ness Thomas Gillesphey
    Asiimwe Edmonds-Green Dobson Bakinson Watson
    May Ladapo
  • Options
    That is as defensive a Charlton XI as I’ve ever seen, how low we’ve fallen.  6 defenders and a DM!
  • Options

• Options
    Must be an error with the Watsons the wrong way round? 
  • Options
    Our injury crisis never looks like ending … 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AMB
    Ness Thomas Gillesphey
    Asiimwe REG Dobson T.Watson
    Bakinson
    May Ladapo

That is well… let’s hope we don’t go behind first half.
  • Options
    Les Reed away to Middlesbrough vibes. In trying tighten up defensively we’ve got too few attacking threats which only puts more pressure on us.

Please prove me wrong.
  • Options
    That is as defensive a Charlton XI as I’ve ever seen, how low we’ve fallen.  6 defenders and a DM!
    Well Fleming spoke about needing a clean sheet.

Maybe we stay up by drawing 0-0 for the rest of the season
  • Options
    If I was a betting man, REG has become our 17th centre midfielder of the season 
  • Options
    Looks good for a 622 formation.
  • Options
    Is REG playing in midfield, base of a diamond? Assuming back five with Watson on the left?
  • Options
    Playing 7 1 2 should confuse them
  • Options
    What does Louis Watson need to do to start a game? Crazy that, even with Coventry out he’s still on the bench. 
  • Options
    I see the 2 in charge are just gonna go for it! what is this team ffs.
  • Options
    Have to say, I don't know how that side will set up, meaning that I can't see it working, which probably means it will. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    What does Louis Watson need to do to start a game? Crazy that, even with Coventry out he’s still on the bench. 
    He's only been left out because he can't play in a back eight 
  • Options
    It doesn't fill me with confidence!
    We've basically put all our defenders on the pitch at once, because Jones has forgot how to defend.
    Surely Louis Watson would help us get out of our own half and keep the ball?
  • Options
    Wtf have they all got against L Watson!
  • Options
    Wtf have they all got against L Watson!
    Like I said before if he's not applying himself in the week in training, we won't see that, but the coaches will, and I think it's something Appleton alluded to a few weeks ago
  • Options
    For those interested FA Cup FT
    Ipswich 1 Maidstone 2