Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One Relegation Watch 2024

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    As it stands

Burton 0-0 Cheltenham
    Port Vale 0-1 Wycombe
    Peterborough 0-1 Fleetwood

Burton PL44 PTS44 GD-25

Fleetwood PL44 PTS40 GD-23
    Port Vale PL44 PTS40 GD-31
    Cheltenham PL43 PTS39 GD-25
    Peterborough 1-1 Fleetwood

Burton PL44 PTS44 GD-25

Fleetwood PL44 PTS38 GD-24
    Burton 1-0 Cheltenham

Burton PL44 PTS46 GD-24

(R) Fleetwood PL44 PTS38 GD-24
    Cheltenham PL43 PTS38 GD-26
    Port Vale 1-1 Wycombe
    Burton 1-1 Cheltenham

Burton PL44 PTS44 GD-25

Port Vale PL44 PTS41 GD-30
    Huge goal!

Burton 1-2 Cheltenham

Burton PL44 PTS43 GD-26

Cheltenham PL43 PTS41 GD-24
    Peterborough 2-1 Fleetwood

Burton PL44 PTS43 GD-26

Fleetwood PL44 PTS37 GD-25
    Port Vale 1-2 Wycombe

Burton PL44 PTS43 GD-26

Fleetwood PL44 PTS37 GD-25
  • Options
    JCH for Peterborough, 3-1 up on Fleetwood now
  • Options
    edited April 16
    4-1, two in two minutes for JCH. Fleetwood’s GD drops to -27 but probably doesn’t matter anymore anyway.
  • Options
    JCH again, 4-1
  • Options
    Great win for Cheltenham, keeps thing exciting at the bottom 
  • Options
    Evans leaving Stevenage must be good for Cheltenham chances as they play each other last game of season
  • Options
    Don't know about relegation watch but three teams fighting for the last automatic spot and four for the last two place off places. Not looked at next week's fixtures but it's going right to the wire.
  • Options
    Cambridge United
    441210223860-2246
    Burton Albion
    451210233964-2546

Cheltenham Town

Fleetwood Town
    45913234672-2640
    Port Vale
    451010254174-3340
    Carlisle United
    4579294179-3830

Cheltenham v Peterborough on Tuesday could wrap it up. 
  • Options
    Derby up barring a miracle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mike said:
    Probably right with their GD but it's not over till the fat lady sings and if Peterborough win their game in hand it could get to squeaky bum time if Derby were to go behind on the last day.
  • Options
    Fleetwood found a bit of form too late. Slightly surprised at how Port Vale slid to relegation so easily. When we drew there in January, they were well clear. Darren Moore's managerial reputation has taken another knock.
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Probably right with their GD but it's not over till the fat lady sings and if Peterborough win their game in hand it could get to squeaky bum time if Derby were to go behind on the last day.
    Home to Carlisle,  I think not!!
  • Options
    Unlikely I admit but stranger things have happened.

• Options
    Fleetwood found a bit of form too late. Slightly surprised at how Port Vale slid to relegation so easily. When we drew there in January, they were well clear. Darren Moore's managerial reputation has taken another knock.
    It has, but sometimes the players simply aren't up to it regardless of the manager's pedigree. I think back to Mick McCarthy's disastrous spell at Blackpool. He was no mug, but his record there would suggest otherwise. That's been out biggest problem this season imo.
  • Options
    I think that the current bottom 4 were favourites for relegation at start of the season. Got to imagine the likes of Shrewsbury/Cambridge need a big summer window, because you can’t see Wrexham/Stockport coming up to league 1 to just make up the numbers.

• Options
    swordfish said:
    It has, but sometimes the players simply aren't up to it regardless of the manager's pedigree. I think back to Mick McCarthy's disastrous spell at Blackpool. He was no mug, but his record there would suggest otherwise. That's been out biggest problem this season imo.
    Port Vale got to the QF of the EFL Cup this season, their slump is really strange as they looked to be comfortable at the turn of the year, then lost their form completely.

If nothing else, I managed to tick off away visits to Port Vale and Carlisle this season, both new grounds for me.

• Options
    Mike said:
    Peterborough v Bolton next Saturday could’ve been end to end in the last 10 minutes if they were drawing and Derby were behind.

Unfortunately with their superior goal difference, they are basically promoted now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With their play-off place secured, I see that Peterborough made 7 changes and put out a young side at Cheltenham 
  • Options
    I vote for the longest away journey to be relegated.
  • Options
    Sort of rooting for Sutton to pull off the unthinkable too. Colchester have made so many dreadful mistakes, feel like they ought to be punished 
  • Options
    Still don't understand what's happened at Sutton to turn them from having a good first season, to stinking the place out
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    With their play-off place secured, I see that Peterborough made 7 changes and put out a young side at Cheltenham 
    Their fans seemed to be generally okay with it given it kept their rivals Cambridge in with a chance of going down. I saw quite a lot of Stevenage fans saying they hoped to do the same at the weekend as they have a bit of rivalry with Cambridge as well.
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Rothko said:
    Still don't understand what's happened at Sutton to turn them from having a good first season, to stinking the place out
    Harry Smith (see opening post of uh the EFL thread) gave them the bad karma, is my only explanation 
  • Options
    If you play a severely weakened team, it seems logical but it can come back to bite you. Firstly, losing, even with a weakened team does affect form, we have seen it countless times in the cup, you lose respect and lastly, everybody will have a good laugh if you get affected by similar down the line.