Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Hart new assistant manager

Comments

• Options
    It’s all positive. 

Just makes you wonder why they went with MA and whoever his forgettable assistant was in the first place. 

Maybe they have got some more cash from
    the owners?

can’t see a negative yet in these recent events. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    It’s ok they can both stay because they have different titles……

Who's the First Team Head Coach then?
    I wondered that too.
  • Options
    Well it would be Nathan Jones as well I would guess.

Assume Fleming will support him with the ‘coaching’ side on the grass, and Hart might be involved more in the ‘managing’ side of stuff off it.

Though of course there will be a lot of fluidity and cross over in what they all do as well. 
  • Options

Assume Fleming will support him with the ‘coaching’ side on the grass, and Hart might be involved more in the ‘managing’ side of stuff off it.

Though of course there will be a lot of fluidity and cross over in what they all do as well. 
    I'd say it would go -

Manager
    Assist Manager
    Head Coach
    Coaches etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hart will be the 'curly finger' guy
  • Options

They probably just haven't updated Fleming's job title yet. 
  • Options
    It’s all positive. 

Just makes you wonder why they went with MA and whoever his forgettable assistant was in the first place. 

the owners?

MA was scotts mate (& appreciate we tried for NJ in September).

After the appalling mess methven etc have made of things maybe the owners have decided to take a more hands on approach hence why they were interviewing NJ rather than the smt
  • Options
    It’s all positive. 

the owners?

MA was scotts mate (& appreciate we tried for NJ in September).

After the appalling mess methven etc have made of things maybe the owners have decided to take a more hands on approach hence why they were interviewing NJ rather than the smt
    I suspect it's interviewing him in addition to Scott/Methven/Rodwell/whomever. But yes perhaps it's a sign of a more hands on approach/more oversight.

Also, as you say, Jones himself mentioned we approached him in September. Which means one of the biggest differences between the MA appointment and the NJ appointment is NJ himself being willing to come here.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Who's the First Team Head Coach then?

Well when we appointed Fleming, Appleton was 
  • Options
    It’s all positive. 

the owners?

Seems to me that the main investors left it to Methven & the boys until they could see their investment going down the tubes into League 2. Then they stepped up & took control. Wouldn't surprise me if Andy Scott is on his way in the summer....along with a few others too. 
    I think you are right Golfie and I don't think Jones would have dropped to this level, unless certain conditions were met. I think there was a question put to Jones in the press conference about who has the final say on transfers and it was made clear that he, as the Manager, will be in on the process. Without a doubt, the mess we are in is down to decisions made in the summer and the managerial change and appointment of Appleton. As we are now finding out, Jones was approached before Appleton in August, did Nathan Jones turn it down because of the set up ? We know that Chris Powell did, and its interesting that Chris Powell has given his seal of approval to Nathan Jones appointment. As you say, certain individuals may be looking over their shoulders after this appointment. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Cultural change" eh? 

Hart and Jones seem to offer almost exactly what we're looking for.  

• Options
    edited February 9

Who is the First Team Head Coach?

Edit - just seen Rob beat me to it.
  • Options
    just what we need an septuagenarian !
    I think Paul Hart has a direct lineage to Brian Clough and Nottingham Forest in its European Cup and Championship heyday so if he can bring any of that to the party that must be better than what we have seen at our club for a long time.  I think I remember that we turned Forest over home and away the year they got promotion from Div 2 and the next year they won the old first division and the rest is history. I also remember not as fondly a 0-4 home drubbing to Mr Cloughs Brighton. It could have been any score that day
  • Options
    Good appointment. 

I'd like a decent goalie and goalie coach next!