Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Portsmouth : Saturday 24th February 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Dizzle said:
    SISS
    Blimey. That’s a blast from the past!
  • fenaddick said:
    Amazing how much better organised we look, just missing a bit of luck going forward. So nice to know we have 2 good finishers and a really energetic midfielder just waiting to come on
    Nice to be going into games feeling as though there is actually a plan to get something out of the game, under Appleton it always felt like we just went out hoping to get something
    Appleton
    Holden
    Garner
    Jackson
    Adkins

Bowyer was the last to actually have a bench worth using.
  • What happened in the last 30 seconds of the half there? The tv just showed Isted standing still holding the ball, apparently waiting for the ref to give the go ahead. 
    30 seconds later, he blows for halftime, with no more play.
    The camera wasn’t showing what was happening further up the field, so not sure what that was about?

One of their players had to go off, maybe it was a blood injury, but a bit pointless as the ref blew as soon as he reached the touchline anyway.
  • Close Xbar challenge, nice try mate...but no cigar
  • Sounds like the offside was potentially wrong from the Linesman

If May stopped the ball dead, for Small to run on to as he did, he cant have been offside, as the ball wasn't played forwards...?
    Ball doesn't have to be played forward to be offside...player in offside position just has to be ahead of both the ball and the second last defender.
  • Most frustrating aspect with the Dobson slide tackle, especially his second one is he completely takes himself out of the game when it doesnt work
    Dobbo is not the player he was.
  • Valley11 said:
    We look so much better. Organised and more discipline at the back. 
    Wtf did we leave it so long with Appleton?!?!
    It's fair that we look better so far under NJ, but until the wins start rolling in, the change will have been for nothing other than not-quite-as-crap football. 
    This take is so wrong it’s unbelievable. You don’t go from not winning to just winning. There is clearly a process that is being implemented and a clear mindset change. The wins will come but not overnight!
    I understand your perspective, however with the squad we have, many repeatedly said that Appleton was the reason we weren't winning with this squad of players. I don't disagree at all, as to the improvements bit, but if wins do not come then NJ surely would not have met his own, and the clubs objectives. 

I love to see attractive football and lots of action, but right now it seems that clean sheets and wins are all that we really need to achieve.

Every half of football is potentially big now until the season ends. 
  • Pretty much as I predicted. Need Camara on at half time for Bakinson and then Aneke ASAP. Our best chance for the win we simply have to get.
  • Sponsored links:

• BigDiddy said:
    Most frustrating aspect with the Dobson slide tackle, especially his second one is he completely takes himself out of the game when it doesnt work
    Dobbo is not the player he was.
    Not Hungary for the fight ...
  • Wow that was a truly awful first 45...😥
  • No changes ahead of the second half for either team

• Teams are back out, no changes for either side.
  • Pretty much as I predicted. Need Camara on at half time for Bakinson and then Aneke ASAP. Our best chance for the win we simply have to get.
    A point would be a good result today against a good Pompey team.
  • It’s very poor.  The fact that they are top of the league tells you all you need to know. We have done virtually nothing offensively but have had three excellent chances. Bakinson is woeful. 
  • No changes second half...
  • B Rovers 2-1
  • Pompey have won three of their last four away games; 1-0... Can see that being all thats required for either side this afternoon.
    Really? Watched in bits. But the bits I saw thought we looked ok. It's still 0-0 FFS!
    What more do people want?
  • Sponsored links:

Not that awful, we didn't concede!!
  • Wyconbe down to 10 men
  • Alfie doesn't look his usual self, confidence wise..
  • Kanu has started well this half, credit to his work rate

• Taken short again and this time May is tackled before he can send the cross over
  • Chance!

Ball crossed in and ...

Bakinson with an attempt at a header.

Calm you down, as you were.

0-0
  • Our corners are so shit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!