Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Northampton Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd March 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    As per Tuesday I've decided not to post much on the Match Thread.... certainly not negative stuff (will keep that to myself).

30 mins to ko. COYR.
  • Options
    Cov and Dob together... 1-1. 
  • Options
    Interesting that Hector gets the spot on the subs bench and not Ness, particularly as Ness came on the other night and did OK..

Interesting that a much better player gets picked ahead of a much worse one, now he's up to speed 
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Get well soon @eastterrace6168 hope for a good result for you today.👍
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Charlton TV works on iPad? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Interesting that Hector gets the spot on the subs bench and not Ness, particularly as Ness came on the other night and did OK..

Interesting that a much better player gets picked ahead of a much worse one, now he's up to speed 
     Ness was decent enough last season, this season his regression has been drastic. Under a new actually good manager I think we'll see him improving again.
  • Options
     Not had a problem before, but that's not a promise. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, download the charlton player app or just use safari and go full screen. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jeez, Chuks missing isn't the end of the world. 

Good to see Dobbo back starting.
    It mean an awful lot to some people on this site that Chuks take part.

I am not concerned if he plays or not, just whoever replaces him does his best. Good to see Dobson back.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jones dropped or injured?
    Banned
  • Options
    hermann said:
    Phew:

"Chuks Aneke, like Camara, misses out on the squad with their minutes being managed."
    Saving them for Tuesday? 
    But there's no reason why Aneke in particular couldn't just sit on the bench today just in case we're in a winnable game with 10 mins to go. 
    Well there is. Chuks has played 4 games in a row for about 30 mins in each, a bit less in one of them, across 15 days. The feeling will evidently be that he needs a full week's rest ahead of the must not lose game against Cheltenham on Tuesday. If we need a goal today it's not great, if we need a goal against Cheltenham it's disastrous. Jones will likely see knocking out Cheltenham, Carlisle and Fleetwood one after the other as an absolutely huge boost to our survival hopes, maybe even enough to see us safe, and while winning them would be fantastic we absolutely cannot lose those games. He'll want Chuks available for all three and that means it's sensible to put a proper break in there so he's not playing 7 games in 26 days after not playing at all since October.
    So sad to read but 100% agree.
  • Options
    Someone on twitter suggesting Andrew Sparkes (ex Southampton GK coach) is with the keepers. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I'll have a friendly bet with you Hector isn't here next season.
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Talal said:
    Someone on twitter suggesting Andrew Sparkes (ex Southampton GK coach) is with the keepers. 
    He only joined QPR a month ago...

https://x.com/qpr/status/1752678114495205404?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g
  • Options
    Talal said:

Chance they're wrong then... 
  • Options
    3-0 addicks 

you can quote this at 5pm 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2
    Talal said:
    Talal said:

Chance they're wrong then... 
    Chance they're right too "Replacing Gavin Ward on a short term basis"

Not sure a month is what they planned for. 
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Hmm, shows how quickly the squad can go from looking really dangerous to looking a little bit thin on game-changers. No Camara and Chuks worries me, I appreciate resting Chuks (assuming he's not hurt) but that bench looks pretty static if we need some inspiration. Ladapo and Campbell the only attacking options and I've no idea where Campbell fits in in Jones' system. I'm also a bit leery of Coventry and Dobson together but we'll see. People would probably take a draw after midweek but I'd really like a win here so I hope we go for it from the start, put a few goals away and then see the game out without panicking. We don't really do that so fingers crossed, either way we need to show we can get results without relying on Chuks so today is the day.
    Camara was poor on Tuesday, so no loss 
  • Options
    Hmm, shows how quickly the squad can go from looking really dangerous to looking a little bit thin on game-changers. No Camara and Chuks worries me, I appreciate resting Chuks (assuming he's not hurt) but that bench looks pretty static if we need some inspiration. Ladapo and Campbell the only attacking options and I've no idea where Campbell fits in in Jones' system. I'm also a bit leery of Coventry and Dobson together but we'll see. People would probably take a draw after midweek but I'd really like a win here so I hope we go for it from the start, put a few goals away and then see the game out without panicking. We don't really do that so fingers crossed, either way we need to show we can get results without relying on Chuks so today is the day.
    Camara was poor on Tuesday, so no loss 
    But he's been mostly decent since his return. Could be that a start was just a bit too soon for him.
  • Options
    Today's a good test of just how reliant we are on Chuks. 
  • Options
    Methven picked the pre match playlist here I think
  • Options
    Canters is in the house with his grapes!!!
    Welcome to middle age. Preparation H or Anusol should do the trick. 
  • Options
    All the talk about Chuks being absent, but the elephant in the room is @LouisMend at Sixfields... We havent won away all season when he's been in attendance 
  • Options
    Brownie being optimistic in his pre-match prediction. Wonders may never cease! I think I may need to retire to my fainting couch for a couple of hours.
    Best of luck guys, see you in the post-match thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!