Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Northampton Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd March 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, shows how quickly the squad can go from looking really dangerous to looking a little bit thin on game-changers. No Camara and Chuks worries me, I appreciate resting Chuks (assuming he's not hurt) but that bench looks pretty static if we need some inspiration. Ladapo and Campbell the only attacking options and I've no idea where Campbell fits in in Jones' system. I'm also a bit leery of Coventry and Dobson together but we'll see. People would probably take a draw after midweek but I'd really like a win here so I hope we go for it from the start, put a few goals away and then see the game out without panicking. We don't really do that so fingers crossed, either way we need to show we can get results without relying on Chuks so today is the day.
    Camara was poor on Tuesday, so no loss 
    I think he's a real threat from the bench. I wasn't massively surprised he wasn't good from the start on Tuesday given how long he's been out but he's a very irritating player to defend against as the game wears on. He drives with the ball, he's difficult to tackle and he's very strong. You've been battered all over the place for 60-odd minutes by Anderson, Dobson and Coventry and now you've got this massive galoot who's incredibly difficult to tackle to contend with. Gaps open up with players like that and he creates space for himself and others. He offers something different in an attacking sense in keeping with our strategy which we're sorely lacking off the bench today now, hopefully we don't need it
  • Options
    Don't worry, I'm here, I know you've all missed my updates.

• Options
    Does anyone know if Charlton TV works on iPad? 
    Charlton to is available through your browser, better to watch it through Charlton app on a phone as you get full screen,especially if you are screen mirroring onto a tv.
  • Options

• Options

Btw I recognise Browny and Lisbon on Charlton TV  but can’t place the bloke with the hair
  • Options
    Pompey 1-0
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    3-0 addicks 

you can quote this at 5pm 
    I’ve had a fiver on that. Only 22-1 though. Thought it would be better odds. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Pompey 1-0
    Bollocks gonna be difficult to go up as champions after that 
  • Options
    P'Boro 1-0 Exeter
  • Options
    Looks a brilliant surface today. Worlds apart from Derby’s pitch 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posh 1-0

Watford losing 0-1
  • Options
    What a start!!
  • Options
    1. 2'

Post update

Foul by Jon Guthrie (Northampton Town).

2. 2'

Post update

Terell Thomas (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    edited March 2
    Gooooaalllll

Anderson!!
  • Options
    YEEEEEEEESSSSSS KAROY
  • Options
    KAROY
  • Options
    What a start
  • Options
    Get in
  • Options
    Here we go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-1 Anderson
  • Options
    Karoy The Boy 😍
  • Options
    GTF in
  • Options
    Get innnnn
  • Options
    Get in boys!!
  • Options
    The lad can’t stop scoring!
  • Options

KAROY ZIDANE ANDERSON IS AT IT AGAIN
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Wow !

Just turned over from the F1 just see Millwall winning......and then our goal.

2 in 2 !

My 0-4 is on.
  • Options
    Six Charlton in the box for the goal!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!