Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2024/25 season ticket discussion (details on P2)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 21
    Which seats are in which zone?
    As in which blocks are zone whatever?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Which seats are in which zone?
    As in which blocks are zone whatever?
    venue
  • Options
    Thanks Clive
  • Options
    Looks like my two (East Block F) are the same price as last year. Is that the same for other zones/groups?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Looks like my two (East Block F) are the same price as last year. Is that the same for other zones/groups?
    Appears to be the same price for Adults as per Phase 2’s prices last season

Gone up £25 from Phase 1 last season 
  • Options
    edited March 21
    So £25 increase be Phase 1 last season in all areas except for the most expensive zone which goes up by £5 ( up to £630).

By the current standards of inflation it’s not too bad. Hope the team is a bit better!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saying this as someone who doesn’t buy a season ticket but the price rises seem pretty reasonable, particularly with the installation of the safe standing zone and a potentially improved experience on the day. 
  • Options
    edited March 21
    Fans generally only tend to sit down because they would be blocking the sight lines of others sitting behind them. If they create a safe standing zone at the back then the row in front will stand also because they won’t be blocking the sightlines of those behind. In turn the row in front of them will stand and so on until most of the upper north will be standing, only they won’t have the benefit of a safety bar. If they are going to introduce a safe standing area then it should be in the lower north where the gradient is less steep and it should cover the whole of the back half of the stand.
  • Options
    Safe standing needs a decent gradient which is why upper is preferable to lower, I believe. 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The final paragraph of that letter builds to a weirdly passive-aggressive ending, like a demand from alien overlords:

From the beginning of our ownership our mantra has been ‘actions rather than words’, but there is still so much to do. Our collective aim is for Charlton to become the most cohesive and sustainable community-driven club in the UK competing at an elite level. Doubtless there will be ups and downs along the way, but in an era of strict revenue-based cost controls your club’s potential will only be achieved with your active support and engagement. That is now what we respectfully request.
    Cant disagree with the mantra on we need more people coming to games
    Of course not, but a half-decent copywriter would be able to phrase that in a way that doesn't sound like a telling-off. I blame the strict revenue-based cost controls.

Still, things seem to be inching in the right direction...
  • Options
    The final paragraph of that letter builds to a weirdly passive-aggressive ending, like a demand from alien overlords:

From the beginning of our ownership our mantra has been ‘actions rather than words’, but there is still so much to do. Our collective aim is for Charlton to become the most cohesive and sustainable community-driven club in the UK competing at an elite level. Doubtless there will be ups and downs along the way, but in an era of strict revenue-based cost controls your club’s potential will only be achieved with your active support and engagement. That is now what we respectfully request.
    The word “sustainable” should not be used in conjunction with Charlton until we are back in the Premier League, we’re not really “sustainable” at any other level.
  • Options
    edited March 21
    My son reckons his season ticket has gone up £25 on last season.

Personally i think we should get some sort of refund, for the tripe served up this season, however if putting the prices up, guarantees getting out of this division., then i'm all for it, as long as the owners don't buy a load of naff players / waste money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 21
    Safe standing needs a decent gradient which is why upper is preferable to lower, I believe. 
    In theory, yes, but most before grounds became all seaters most fans would stand and even as kids I don’t recall having a problem watching the game even when I’d get along to first division grounds when charlton were playing away and the terracing would be picked out 
  • Options
    How much is the 'saving' by coughing up before 10 May?
    3 months on £450 might not accrue much but it's better in my account than theirs
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    How much is the 'saving' by coughing up before 10 May?
    3 months on £450 might not accrue much but it's better in my account than theirs
    Last season for zone 2 it went from £425 to £450, so I'd imagine phase 2 would be something around the £475 mark. 
  • Options
    Bit confused about this 16-20 zone because it says Covered End West Quadrant, but shows the F Block in the pic.. bit annoyed if it is as we’ve not been consulted about it at all :/
  • Options
    Very good statement. Better than we’ve seen from an owner for a long while and there’s no denying they are getting things done . 
    Although I won’t be buying a season ticket due to health reasons ( I’ll still go to some games ) , they look a decent price as well . 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The word “sustainable” should not be used in conjunction with Charlton until we are back in the Premier League, we’re not really “sustainable” at any other level.
    I don’t think many clubs are outside the Premier League 
  • Options
    Bit confused about this 16-20 zone because it says Covered End West Quadrant, but shows the F Block in the pic.. bit annoyed if it is as we’ve not been consulted about it at all :/
    The same image thet has a NWE sign slap bang in the middle of it ? 
  • Options
    edited March 21
    Overall, happy enough with all that. Bit surprised at the target age group for the youth section though. Do 16-20 year olds really want to be separate from older fans, say those in the 20-40 age bracket? I wouldn't have wanted to be. But the lower price in that section might attract numbers. 
  • Options
    Fans generally only tend to sit down because they would be blocking the sight lines of others sitting behind them. If they create a safe standing zone at the back then the row in front will stand also because they won’t be blocking the sightlines of those behind. In turn the row in front of them will stand and so on until most of the upper north will be standing, only they won’t have the benefit of a safety bar. If they are going to introduce a safe standing area then it should be in the lower north where the gradient is less steep and it should cover the whole of the back half of the stand.
    As a regular supporter surely you have noticed that in certain blocks everyone stands already?