Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2024/25 season ticket discussion (details on P2)

Comments

• Options
    Bit confused about this 16-20 zone because it says Covered End West Quadrant, but shows the F Block in the pic.. bit annoyed if it is as we’ve not been consulted about it at all :/
    They just use that photo for everything as it says Covered End in it
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The final paragraph of that letter builds to a weirdly passive-aggressive ending, like a demand from alien overlords:

From the beginning of our ownership our mantra has been ‘actions rather than words’, but there is still so much to do. Our collective aim is for Charlton to become the most cohesive and sustainable community-driven club in the UK competing at an elite level. Doubtless there will be ups and downs along the way, but in an era of strict revenue-based cost controls your club’s potential will only be achieved with your active support and engagement. That is now what we respectfully request.
    Cant disagree with the mantra on we need more people coming to games
    Exactly, just imagine the massive attendance boost if everyone on CL attended.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The final paragraph of that letter builds to a weirdly passive-aggressive ending, like a demand from alien overlords:

From the beginning of our ownership our mantra has been ‘actions rather than words’, but there is still so much to do. Our collective aim is for Charlton to become the most cohesive and sustainable community-driven club in the UK competing at an elite level. Doubtless there will be ups and downs along the way, but in an era of strict revenue-based cost controls your club’s potential will only be achieved with your active support and engagement. That is now what we respectfully request.
    Cant disagree with the mantra on we need more people coming to games
    Exactly, just imagine the massive attendance boost if everyone on CL attended.
    I know what I would do to improve attendances but it would not go down with the majority on here 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    How much is the 'saving' by coughing up before 10 May?
    3 months on £450 might not accrue much but it's better in my account than theirs
    You could earn a massive £2 per month in the top savings accounts.
  • Options
    Again, blurb asking us to commit but they can’t commit to running Valley Express in return. I know a fair few fans on the Hastings route, some with disabilities, who won’t be able to attend if Valley Express ceased. I have emailed the Club with my concerns.
    And I will do the same.  I would have a 120 mile round trip which I’m not willing to drive so need to know Valley Express will continue.
  • Options
    Let’s not mince words: whilst the women’s first-team has been highly competitive and are in the mix for promotion to the Women’s Super League, the men’s first-team’s season has been disappointing.

No, the men's first team's season has been terrlble, not disappointing.

Disappointing would be just missing out on the play-offs, not looking at our worst finish since WW2.

Other than that and some word soup around the work of the trust it's a bold set of words and a declaration of intent.

The emphasis given, rightly, to the women's success is gratifying.

But it remains words.

Now lets see not just actions but some positive outcomes

• Options
    Bit confused about this 16-20 zone because it says Covered End West Quadrant, but shows the F Block in the pic.. bit annoyed if it is as we’ve not been consulted about it at all :/
    I think it's more than everyone else wants to be away from 16-20 year olds  :D 
  • Options
    A good move to bring in safe standing. I'm sure it will be expanded to parts of the lower CE in due course, but it's a sensible start.

The price difference between Zones 1 and 2 within the same stand are still ludicrous though.
  • Options
    That’s exactly it, I don’t want to be in that area but very concerned as it’s not been communicated to those of us who are in the F Block already. If it’s the North West Corner then it’s fine but I have no idea what the Covered End West Quadrant is, and the club/supporters club are being very sheepish with their answers about it. 
  • Options
    That’s exactly it, I don’t want to be in that area but very concerned as it’s not been communicated to those of us who are in the F Block already. If it’s the North West Corner then it’s fine but I have no idea what the Covered End West Quadrant is, and the club/supporters club are being very sheepish with their answers about it. 
    It’s the corner between the Covered End and the West Stand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    I’m hoping you’re right! 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Underneath the Worthington E sign!
  • Options
    edited March 21
    There are 2 home end quadrants/corners behind the corner flags.
    The West quadrant is in between the North and West Stands.
    The East Quadrant is also known as The Family Stand. 
    F Block in The Lower Covered End is not in a quadrant.

• Options
    edited March 21

There are 2 home end quadrants/corners behind the corner flags.
    The West quadrant is in between the North and West Stands.
    The East Quadrant is also known as The Family Stand. 
    F Block in The Upper Covered End is not in a quadrant.

Lower F block here, I guess it’s the fact they used a stock image of the F Block too so it added to the confusion 
  • Options
    The 16-20 thing is a bit silly imo, as I presume most that age would want to be where noise is? 
    Prepared to be corrected 😁
  • Options
    Ouch. Shittest season for my lifetime followed by a 41% price increase on my group's tickets.  Still overall a fair price as long as we are competitive next season I guess.
  • Options
    Wasn't there a thing last season where if you renewed very early the max increase was 5%. As season tickets are not sale on my fan ID can't tell, but sure that was the case, hence renewing very early bird. Stand to be corrected 
  • Options
    Wasn't there a thing last season where if you renewed very early the max increase was 5%. As season tickets are not sale on my fan ID can't tell, but sure that was the case, hence renewing very early bird. Stand to be corrected 
    Not much you can when the youngsters move up an age category.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, was the F block considered for the safe standing area.. Honestly think the club should have moved it down there, it would create a better atmosphere being closer to the pitch. Plus it will also make the ground look more full to the camera.

I think it should have been put to the vote. 
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Don’t understand why the standing area is not on the lower tier, surely that would be a better atmosphere.
    Actually think that would kill the atmosphere as you’d be taking the most vocal away from a roofed area and putting them where it’s most uncovered 
    Totally disagree, some of the best atmosphere are clubs where the fans are closer to the front. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, was the F block considered for the safe standing area.. Honestly think the club should have moved it down there, it would create a better atmosphere being closer to the pitch. Plus it will also make the ground look more full to the camera.

Have you considered what the authorities (Greenwich Council and the Sports Ground safety authority) say in all this was? 

Maybe that area in the upper part of the Covered End was of more concern? 

You wouldn’t spend money on something unless you need to make peace with those authorities 
  • Options
    Ouch. Shittest season for my lifetime followed by a 41% price increase on my group's tickets.  Still overall a fair price as long as we are competitive next season I guess.
    41%? How?
  • Options
    The 16-20 thing is a bit silly imo, as I presume most that age would want to be where noise is? 
    Prepared to be corrected 😁
    They don't have to stand there ! Maybe it'll stretch out the noise and tempt people in the West stand to sing.
  • Options
    edited March 22
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bilko said:
    Don’t understand why the standing area is not on the lower tier, surely that would be a better atmosphere.
    Actually think that would kill the atmosphere as you’d be taking the most vocal away from a roofed area and putting them where it’s most uncovered 
    Totally disagree, some of the best atmosphere are clubs where the fans are closer to the front. 
    Really depends on how the stadium is built, back of the roof adds to the acoustics surely ? And or stadium Shape.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bilko said:

Bilko said:
    100% agree with AFKA - no roof, no atmosphere - generally very pleased with the letter and agree it’s time for people to put their money where their mouths are and commit - concerned the standing will dilute the atmosphere by stretching out the singing group - same with the 16-20’s thing but I’m not always right !!’ 

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Confident that it wouldn’t create a better atmosphere. First of all it would split the singers, most of who currently sit north upper, secondly being so close to the pitch and essentially uncovered the noise would just travel out.

Right decision sticking it in the North Upper.
  • Options
    Need Nathan Jones to get us atleast 4 wins (plus a draw or two) from the last 7 games to get my ST next year.

The above would get us to 58/59 points & should win me my ‘Charlton to finish top half’ bet!

Know a few others that are also hoping for the same!