Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2024/25 season ticket discussion (details on P2)

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, was the F block considered for the safe standing area.. Honestly think the club should have moved it down there, it would create a better atmosphere being closer to the pitch. Plus it will also make the ground look more full to the camera.

I think it should have been put to the vote. 
    Confident that it wouldn’t create a better atmosphere. First of all it would split the singers, most of who currently sit north upper, secondly being so close to the pitch and essentially uncovered the noise would just travel out.

Right decision sticking it in the North Upper.
    Avoids Pissing off everyone at the front who would have to relocate too
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, was the F block considered for the safe standing area.. Honestly think the club should have moved it down there, it would create a better atmosphere being closer to the pitch. Plus it will also make the ground look more full to the camera.

Confident that it wouldn’t create a better atmosphere. First of all it would split the singers, most of who currently sit north upper, secondly being so close to the pitch and essentially uncovered the noise would just travel out.

Same questions was asked when the singers moved to the top tier.. Personally the atmosphere was better when it was in the F Block.. Bit old school, but that was the area that hardcore singing fans had been for many years.. This would a good chance to go back to that. 

Singers and standing areas in my opinion should be in the F Block
  • Options
    I think the safe standing is a bit of a trial to see if it's worth extending. They'll probably do somewhere like F block if it works. I'm happy with it in the north upper anyway, that's where I always go if I want to be in amongst the noise
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Same questions was asked when the singers moved to the top tier.. Personally the atmosphere was better when it was in the F Block.. Bit old school, but that was the area that hardcore singing fans had been for many years.. This would a good chance to go back to that. 

But they are not there now, why try to recreate something by forcing people to move ? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

But they are not there now, why try to recreate something by forcing people to move ? 
    the noisest parts of F block moved upstairs when the upper was built, so as Shine said, I don't know why you would want to reverse that. Also safe standing areas work better in areas with modern terracing, not where seats have been bolted onto old stands. 
  • Options
    CE Upper has been the noisy area for 20 years, it's the obvious place for the first section of safe standing.

Part of lower CE will I'm sure be the next area, maybe in a year's time. Converted old terraces are obvious candidates for safe standing, Luton's awful away end is much improved now it's safe standing.
  • Options
    CE Upper has been the noisy area for 20 years, it's the obvious place for the first section of safe standing.

Part of lower CE will I'm sure be the next area, maybe in a year's time. Converted old terraces are obvious candidates for safe standing, Luton's awful away end is much improved now it's safe standing.
    I’m back row Lower North, behind the gol and enjoy the freedom to stand if I want to. It’s not a particularly vocal area so not sure making that area standing will add anything to the atmosphere.
  • Options
    Is there the possibility that had they implemented standing in the North Lower, they'd have had to replicate in the South for away fans? Maybe that's part of the reason it's first being brought into the North Upper?
  • Options
    clive said:
    I wander if anyone can answer this quick question for me , are those padded seats in the upper West part of zone 1, or for dignitaries only and not an old boy who fancies a comfy seat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Renewed. £435 great value in my opinion. Fingers crossed for an increase in season ticket sales this season.
  • Options
    Because of a positive start to the new ownership and also massively due to trusting Nathan Jones to get it right, this is the first time in a few years where I won’t be doing the (‘nope I’m not renewing, will buy on a match by match basis’ and then caving in post-deadline and paying more) dance, and I will be renewing nearer to the deadline.
  • Options
    I find it really quite funny that I've had a season ticket since 2015/16, coinciding with the worst period in the club's entire history. And like a sicko I'm back for more. Except we're going to be good now. We've gotta be. Roll up folks 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I find it really quite funny that I've had a season ticket since 2015/16, coinciding with the worst period in the club's entire history. And like a sicko I'm back for more. Except we're going to be good now. We've gotta be. Roll up folks 
    Exact same year for my first one. Around December I always tell myself I won't get one next season but each year we go on a good run at the end of the season and I get reeled back in (I'd miss it too much anyway). With Jones at the helm we should be much better next season
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

it was good but that was because we were right under the roof and smothered in the noise - wouldn't be the same now 
  • Options
    A good move to bring in safe standing. I'm sure it will be expanded to parts of the lower CE in due course, but it's a sensible start.

The price difference between Zones 1 and 2 within the same stand are still ludicrous though.
    Do not knock it. I am a senior citizen in zone 2 I would not want to see the price equalised upward with zone 1.
  • Options
    edited March 22
    801912601 said:
    The club should be looking to encourage younger people to attend. With large parts of the west stand empty why not offer an under 18 ticket in some blocks there. The school promotions should be aimed at secondary schools as the 11 to 18 year olds can travel to games without accompanying oldies. I’ve been a fan since 10 and started going with school mates by bus and this got me hooked and I’m still coming 50 years later
    To be fair my dad did the same although probably 20 years earlier than you. Back then kids would go Wall one week and Charlton the next. He ended up staying with Charlton, Bartram sold him on us apparently. 

The thing is, if Charlton isn't in someone's blood before they step into the ground (home or away), then they need a current fan to drag them along. Performances are also key. I was so, so lucky, that I took my youngest to 12/13 away games in the Powell promotion season, that's what got her hooked. Winning creates a feel good factor, losing, whatever division your team is competing in, does the opposite. If our owners want bums on seats, then they need a team that will get them off again, and clapping and cheering many times a game.

It's all well and good having a fancy ground with great food and toilets, but if the football is crap and results are poor, then people won't come (and stay).

I think the owners now realise that success in the pitch builds success in the stands. Hence only a great team, or well performing one, will see a return on investment.

For seats to sell, the likelihood of promotion has to be there from the beginning of the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't someone do a noise test when we first built the upper tier in the covered end, and the back was proven to have the best acoustics?

I understand in theory why people think the lower tier would work for safe standing, but the atmosphere is currently all created from the upper tier so makes sense on that alone imo.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Atmosphere was only better then as you had that low roof on the covered end. Same reason 1000 fans in the Jimmy Seed can be deafening. 

• Options
    Can someone explain where in the NWQ the teens creche will be located
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Mrkinski said:
    Because of a positive start to the new ownership and also massively due to trusting Nathan Jones to get it right, this is the first time in a few years where I won’t be doing the (‘nope I’m not renewing, will buy on a match by match basis’ and then caving in post-deadline and paying more) dance, and I will be renewing nearer to the deadline.
    “Positive start to the new ownership”? We’ve been through three managers in a season and are looking at ending the season in one of our worst finishes in our history!
    Yeah, but apart from that. 🤣

was referring to being a steadier ship off the field, and their actions to get Jones and listening to / supporting him. 
  • Options
    Thought the atmosphere wasn't bad against Doncaster!
  • Options
    any hints anywhere on how much we "save" by buying before 10 May?
    can do without spunking out that sort of wedge fully 3 months before I get any chance to 'enjoy' the product
  • Options
    edited March 22
    se9addick said:
    Ouch. Shittest season for my lifetime followed by a 41% price increase on my group's tickets.  Still overall a fair price as long as we are competitive next season I guess.
    41%? How?

A bit disingenuous of me as I was a few beers in last night! 

Family stand. 4 adults; 4 U11's. Last season total was £1,040 (£260 per adult and kids free).

Next season adults are up to £310 each; 2 kids free; 2 now u18 so £125 each.  Total = £1,490.

So 43% total price increase across the lot but obvs skewed by kids growing up.
  • Options
    edited March 22
    se9addick said:
    Ouch. Shittest season for my lifetime followed by a 41% price increase on my group's tickets.  Still overall a fair price as long as we are competitive next season I guess.
    41%? How?

A bit disingenuous of me as I was a few beers in last night! 

Family stand. 4 adults; 4 U11's. Last season total was £1,040 (£260 per adult and kids free).

Next season adults are up to £310 each; 2 kids free; 2 now u18 so £125 each.  Total = £1,490.

So 43% total price increase across the lot but obvs skewed by kids growing up.
    You could have just said a couple of your kid's tickets had gone up by 10 million per cent/infinity.