Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Methven tells Palace and West Ham to “grow up” (over new EFL deal)

Comments

• Options
    What has happened to damage Charlton?
    Can anybody explain in plain terms?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    What has happened to damage Charlton?
    Can anybody explain in plain terms?
    We, along with all other EFL clubs were supposed to be getting a fairer share of Prem media revenue, but Palace and West Ham amongst a few others have voted against it.
    Thank you.
    We want grace and favour Premier League money that they have a moral obligation to pay out to sustain the football pyramid something something…the conversation is about something, or nothing, or which point in between.
    I imagine clubs outside the Premier League want money and (some) clubs in the Premier League say ‘why should we give away any of our money?’.
    Can they be forced to pay?
  • Options
    edited March 12
    "Where's my money?!" says Charlie boy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl0DFBtwmfs
  • Options
    Cerdit where credit is due. Hate to say it but Charlie viewpoint is hard to aruge with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can someone confirm the story here, my memory is a bit hazy... Did the government tell the Premier League clubs to sort a deal themselves or else the regulator would come in and do it, and they may not like the deal the regulator came up with?
  • Options
    Credit where it's due. He was spot on and came over well.
  • Options
    Charlie Methven on TalkSport from about 05.00
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1710237600/1710239400/
  • Options
    Usual horseshit disco from Jordan afterwards 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Can someone confirm the story here, my memory is a bit hazy... Did the government tell the Premier League clubs to sort a deal themselves or else the regulator would come in and do it, and they may not like the deal the regulator came up with?
    The regulator will procrastinate and prevaricate for probably years. Regulators can’t or won’t even stop water companies from poisoning our rivers, lakes and seas. Quite how many teeth a sports regulator will have doesn’t fill me with optimism for a quick resolution. 

You are probably right but this is a far simpler thing to decide than water regulation I would expect.  The PL clubs have a figure of £900M yet can't agree. A regulator just adds 50% to that number as a punishment and it is done very quickly.

I suspect the reality in all of this is that ultimately the EFL will get a far watered down amount and just like EPPP before there will be a huge load of strings attached which all favour the PL (feeder clubs...?).

The question when that happens is how many of the new USA owners bought into the EFL expecting a huge wedge coming their way and when it doesn't how many simply walk away leaving EFL clubs screwed.
  • Options
    Cerdit where credit is due. Hate to say it but Charlie viewpoint is hard to aruge with.
    You hate to say it?
  • Options
    edited March 12
    Remind me what he has had to say about the last four-six months at Charlton, as I must have missed it?
    What have the larger shareholders had to say?
  • Options
    It strikes me that there are some that won’t accept Charlie Methven regardless of what he says or does. When he speaks he’s wrong and when he doesn’t he’s wrong. 
    Even my ex-wife is right sometimes. Right, that was a once in a lifetime slip.

Methven was right this time around, but with the laws of CL restored, can we please resume the negative narrative of this person who represents our club.