Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New England shirt 2024 & St George’s scandal

Comments

• Options
    Ok £85 isnt too bad but £125 ? Though saying that im saying £85 isnt too bad if i was a single parent or on low income i suppose it could be too much.

Aswell its mainly gonna target kids isnt it ? As a man in my 30s ive kind of outgrown the trend of buying the latest football shirt and on the occasion i do its usually just a vintage style.
    £65 for kids size

piss take
  • Options
    edited March 22
    I don't understand why the England shirt is Blue and White. 
    The flag of St. George is Red and White. 
    Scotland have Blue in their national shirt. 
    Wales have Red in their national shirt 
    Ireland have Green in their national shirt. 
    Why do we have Blue in ours?

The Netherlands 🇳🇱 & Italy 🇮🇹 play in colours different to their flags.  Ireland used to play in blue (the colour of St Patrick), surprised that Northern Ireland play in Green, considering. Probably getting ready for a United Ireland team.
  • Options
    I don't understand why the England shirt is Blue and White. 
    The flag of St. George is Red and White. 
    Scotland have Blue in their national shirt. 
    Wales have Red in their national shirt 
    Ireland have Green in their national shirt. 
    Why do we have Blue in ours?

The Netherlands 🇳🇱 & Italy 🇮🇹 play in colours different to their flags.  Ireland used to play in blue (the colour of St Patrick), surprised that Northern Ireland play in Green, considering. Probably getting ready for a United Ireland team.
    As long as they don’t have to adopt Shoulder to Shoulder 🙄😫🫣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    edited March 22
    I thought long and hard about this for 2 minutes and 20 seconds then realised I didn't give a toss, but while you're at it could you put inverted commas around the word "scandal" in the title?
  • Options
    If you’re a 16-17 year old on the minimum wage you have to work about 17 hours to afford the cheaper shirt.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    If you’re a 16-17 year old on the minimum wage you have to work about 17 hours to afford the cheaper shirt.
    Only if you wanted to buy it though
  • Options
    I couldn't care less what an England shirt looks like to be honest especially if it's £85, which is the real scandal. I have to say though, Nike changing the colours on the cross to something that they without a doubt would have known would draw out the anti-woke crowd on Twitter and then bodying them by saying it's a tribute to the training kit the 1966 World Cup winning team - every patriotic football fan's spiritual kings - wore is unbelievably high level bait and switch trolling.
    I sort of respect it because it's quite funny, but I also realise that they've done this specifically to get as many eyes as possible on a white t-shirt they've had made in definitely not a sweat shop. They've fiddled around with the tint on a computer and they've got the Prime Minister commenting on a t-shirt within a day. That will drive engagement, which is how all worth is apparently measured these days, and for every one adult refusing to buy it because they've messed with tradition there will be 50 kids asking their parents to spend a genuinely incredible £65 on a shirt they'll grow out of in a year because it's the thing everyone is talking about. The tabloids are frothing at the mouths already and Raheem Sterling probably isn't even going to be in the squad. It's a dystopian nightmare and we're all living in it.
    Posted this thread two hours ago and already has 60+ comments. Doubt there’s be as many if I hadn’t put “St George scandal” in the title… I appreciate everyone’s participation in this social experiment…
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    Quite.
    I don’t know if there is a target market for purchasers, but I suspect there is a target demographic for wearers.
  • Options
    If we are trying to pin down authenticity, and history or whatever, wasn’t St George supposed to be Turkish? Maybe a crescent moon would have been more appropriate on the back of the collar.
  • Options
    At least with the purple away kit, there should be no need for a 3rd kit.

I am more bothered by our World Cup winners star than the flag. Why white on white? It's like we are ashamed that we have only won it once.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its an absolute banger of a kit, can we just agree on that, and to right the FA and Nike are saying no to any recall, fucking nuts to suggest they should even thing of it 
  • Options
    edited March 22
    and no ones buys at that price, by the euros they'll be a price war between Sports Direct and the supermarkets, it'll be £50 for a shirt

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Will teach them the value of saving then.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    Quite.
    I don’t know if there is a target market for purchasers, but I suspect there is a target demographic for wearers.
    Theire will be a targets for all sorts of things like age, collector & sex to name a few
  • Options
    All to do with taste, Red Cross is the England “trade mark” any body buying is clearly stupid (particularly the prices quoted).
  • Options
    Stick this in with the Kate Middleton bollocks. Who honestly cares that much…?
    The Prime Minister?

Rishi Sunak, "My general view is that when it comes to our national flags, we shouldn't mess with them because they're a source of pride, identity, who we are, and they're perfect as they are"

However, plot twist...

Jeez, can we not give the culture war a flipping day off?!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

is this OK to do?
    No, hate this type of flag on some police unionforms.  
  • Options
    What's the meaning behind changing those colours on the cross, or is it just an aesthetic thing?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Please correct me if i'm wrong, but the England national team only adopted the St George cross within the last 25/30 years, Euro 96 maybe?? Before then the favoured flag was the Union Jack.
    Ahem, Union Flag

Re shirt - it’s a pretty lame and lazy design, so typical of Nike - changing the flag is weird, but why am I not surprised in this country these days

BUT £85 for a shirt - no thanks, I will pass
    “Union Jack” is fine whether on land or sea, the whole “it’s only a Union Jack at sea” is a myth.
  • Options
    I brought this up the other day on a different thread as I find the whole thing amusing but I think if they hadn’t mentioned it at all, rather than the “playful update to the St. George appears on the collar to unite and inspire”, it wouldn’t have been an issue.
  • Options
    I think it is a simple matter of somebody in the creative team thinking that they should zhuzh the shirt up a little.
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Dansk_Red said:

is this OK to do?
    No, hate this type of flag on some police unionforms.  
    Well, as it’s only worn as a display of remembrance to fallen officers in the line of duty and unless your one of those fellow officers, you can keep your hate to yourself thank you very much. 
    Especially today of all days you insensitive tw@t.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think it is a simple matter of somebody in the creative team thinking that they should zhuzh the shirt up a little.
    Love the use of zhuzh there Seth. 
    Even if it is not a word, that is definitely how it should be spelled.