Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New England shirt 2024 & St George’s scandal

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    Ok £85 isnt too bad but £125 ? Though saying that im saying £85 isnt too bad if i was a single parent or on low income i suppose it could be too much.

Aswell its mainly gonna target kids isnt it ? As a man in my 30s ive kind of outgrown the trend of buying the latest football shirt and on the occasion i do its usually just a vintage style.
    £65 for kids size

piss take
    Available in all sizes from China, adults and child for £25 if you want ;)
  • Options
    Just to reiterate my point: My son who’s 13 went to a birthday party today and none of his friends even knew that France are playing Germany this evening. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    It's not even as if the flag of St George has always been synonymous with England Football. For whatever reason the Union Jack was far more likely to be the flag associated with our team for many years. 

From World Cup Willie and Footix to Zabivaka a history of World Cup  mascots from 1966 to present day  The Sun

Kieran Theivamanoharan on X JacquiOatley 1969 Jac Looks like the  vehicle used in the Italian Job httpstcoTXw9xuJYMk  X

Thats the thing, growing up in England you get used to the Union Jack (flag) as a symbol to represent the country. Its only as I have got older & travelled the country I realise that the Scots & the Welsh are very fervent & many don't like the English. I wish schools etc would instill into everyone that if you are English your "emblem / flag" is the cross of St George.  

As for the shirt furore......its a small emblem on the back of the collar. Hardly noticable. But as someone said earlier, the kit should really be white & red......with no bloody blue in it. 

• Options
    England Germany semi final 1990 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    England Germany semi final 1990 
    Nice flag bottom left. Is that yours?
  • Options
    Didn’t see that. 

I wish I had been there though . 

• Options
    I personally love the idea that the football Association are very explicit about the all inclusivity of football, and if that comes out in a token gesture on the collar so be it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scandal, lol 
  • Options
    Only a week till “Dey tryna ban Easter” lads 🙏🏻 
    “Can’t even say you’re English anymore”
  • Options
    There's no such thing as bad publicity, is there Nike?

• Options
    Reflects my age but I always like this design. Simple but clean. 

• Options
    Just one point. Nike - an american company - would they dare fuck around with the stars and stripes like this?
  • Options
    I don't understand why the England shirt is Blue and White. 
    The flag of St. George is Red and White. 
    Scotland have Blue in their national shirt. 
    Wales have Red in their national shirt 
    Ireland have Green in their national shirt. 
    Why do we have Blue in ours?

For the same reason the seats at Twickenham are in Irish green! We're a bunch of twats.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Just one point. Nike - an american company - would they dare fuck around with the stars and stripes like this?
    We’ve been over that one, yes they would (and have…)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    Keep up
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    They’re a nation who collectively believe you need more guns to control gun violence, I wouldn’t bench mark us against them for reactions.  
  • Options
    edited March 24
    What’s your old man’s take on flag-gate @BR7_addick?
  • Options

Football fans very much not messing with the flag.
  • Options
    What’s your old man’s take on flag-gate @BR7_addick?
    He’s requested one be put up in the Gordon arms mate…
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    cafcfan said:
    We’ve been over that one, yes they would (and have…)
    To be fair, the examples I’ve seen given are shirt designs rather than the addition of an “updated flag” to the shirt.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I couldn't care less about this whole kerfuffle, but to be fair none of those examples of England fans holding adapted flags are entirely comparable, as all are still standard red and white flags, but with additional writing on them, rather than changes of colour. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I couldn't care less about this whole kerfuffle, but to be fair none of those examples of England fans holding adapted flags are entirely comparable, as all are still standard red and white flags, but with additional writing on them, rather than changes of colour. 

If you don't think those flags are adapted, you're doing nothing but highlighting the hypocrisy... which is fine but very silly. 
  • Options
    edited March 24
    Pretty clever of the media for bringing this to our attention though on the same day they got found out for being scumbags again re Kate and cancer... all forgotten and on we move.